ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

Pretty sure I submitted my VOs with helmet filters already applied...

In fact, yes you did. I simply have crappy ears and couldn't detect the filters in Media Player Home Cinema...:)

• Like 1

Pretty sure I submitted my VOs with helmet filters already applied...

They were. He was mistaken about the lines needing filters.

I really like the holo-roster. I think it's a great addition to Manaan. I also really enjoy playing pazaak and I cannot wait for this mod to come out. I appreciate all your hard work Fair Strides.

• Like 1

Will I ever play in the Pazask tournament? Probably not. I hate Pazaak - and this is coming from the guy that owns a physical real-life Pazaak deck. However, I love the inventive way that the cut content was restored. And . . . I'm not self-centered to think that every part of a large mod such as this should apply directly to me.

(If you're offended by the last sentence, I've been successful.)

• Like 1

That guy is back! And in my usual manner, I'm gonna complain. That giant blue thing in the middle of the public square looks terribly out of place. You know what public squares are supposed to be? They are supposed to be spacious, so that people could walk around for a long time and enjoy themselves. Now, looking at it, I'm getting claustrophobia! I'd really rather yall made a separate module for that pazaak tournament. And while I'm at it, does everyone really want that pazaak tournament? I don't. To me, pazaak mini-game has always been about obtaining money. A little bit of it is fun, but when you have to play for hours, it gets extremely dull. So, is that what it's going to be? Hours of dull money making? Meeeeeh.

*Opens up umbrella to cover from eggs and tomatoes.*

Okay, let's see...

*Consults notes on messages to SH...* Okay, I've got it!

I am sorry that you have chosen to be "that guy", but I feel even more sorry for those that have read and followed this thread up to this point. Many would think and emphasize that you are a troll and that I shouldn't waste my time on you. However, I'd like to take this opportunity to address several points you brought up in your comment.

1). We should have made an entire custom module, complete with Manaan's

textures, sounds, and architecture just to house a peace of restored content?

In all honesty, what is so wrong about re-using that specific module?

2). The Pazaak Tournament is a piece of cut content, and was

actually mentioned in several different sections of the game's

files. Thus, I can validate the reasoning behind restoring this

piece. In addition, there are those who actually like playing

Pazaak, so an entire tournament is seen as an early Christ-

mas present to them...

3). That "big open space" that I so heartlessly stole from Manaan...

For the record, I took great pains in sizing the Holo-Roster to fit

that opening without leaking over. Also, the opening can't even

be walked on, so it's not like I'm putting a big pile of rubble across

a doorway or something. I'm just using empty space to help build

the Tournament's atmosphere...

About the Holo-Roster:

I am strongly considering changing it to a dark-blue hue...

Granted, the light-blue does look like crap in my opinion;

that texture hasn't been changed since I made the thing,

and is in fact a lot darker than the image suggests. It is as

bright as it is because I used a txi filter (specifically the

blending punchthrough) to create the proper transparency

effect, as just editing the alpha layer would have ruined the

texture as a whole.

And one last thing, about that money comment: Think of this as a way to get enough money for all of those unique/named weapons and armor without cheating, thus giving a completionist a sense of accomplishment...

• Like 3

is this one any closer to release?  I've been checking for a few years now

Yes, it is closer to release. I have the Pazaak Tourney 90% complete, then some bugs on Taris, a final playthrough/bug-check, and then release.

Of note is the fact that I might not get around to the Juhani sidequest bug in 1.0, as I've made a tentative fix for it but haven't been able to test it yet.

The umbrella worked! Not a single tomato reached me! When the mod comes out, I'll complain more. :welcome:

*throws eggs and tomatoes at Kerk as he leaves*

You spoke too soon! :P

But honestly, it's fair criticism even if I don't... fully agree with it.

• Like 1

And I'm back after watching this for months. Haven't posted in a while but thought I might add this.

@Fair Strides:

Thanks for the great pics and terrific work you've done but about the Holo-Roster you mentioned.... I'd rather you not change the colour of the Holo-Roster for the sake of changing it. I think when it comes to restored content (even if this isn't 100% restored); that it should be as close to the original otherwise it becomes modded content. But if you think it looks better; I'm not going to stop you. I'm not sure how the Holo-Roster was meant to look so forgive me if I sound rather silly!!

And I'm back after watching this for months. Haven't posted in a while but thought I might add this.

@Fair Strides:

Thanks for the great pics and terrific work you've done but about the Holo-Roster you mentioned.... I'd rather you not change the colour of the Holo-Roster for the sake of changing it. I think when it comes to restored content (even if this isn't 100% restored); that it should be as close to the original otherwise it becomes modded content. But if you think it looks better; I'm not going to stop you. I'm not sure how the Holo-Roster was meant to look so forgive me if I sound rather silly!!

Well...

Technically, the Holo-Roster shouldn't exist. The majority of the Pazaak Tourney is more like M4-78EP; I've taken the concept of a piece of cut content, and made it from scratch with my own realistic idea of what the devs would have done. I made the Holo-Roster to make the atmosphere more realistic for a grand Pazaak Tournament...

@Fair Strides

So will it be separate from this mod due to not being a restored piece of content?

Not trying to disparage your work, but yeah :D

No, to do that we would be taking out a critical piece of the mod.  Also there wouldn't be near as much content if we did it on that basis.  K1 is a different story from TSL and must be treated differently.  Think of K1R as somewhere inbetween the lines of TSLRCM and M4-78 but for K1.

@ZM90

No problems there. I do remember it being said that things like "Bastila on Korriban" were extras or not being part of the main mod and to be separate, so I assumed that this would also be the case.

Thanks for replying nevertheless, and looking forward to playing! All my friends are super-psyched to see what's in store for us :)

I sincerely hope that once this is completed, all the requirements and optional modules (Like M4-78) will be listed in one long post with links similarly to how TSLRCM did. 

Hi devs. I was just wondering if any of you got to read my message here, more specifically this part...

If I may make a suggestion with the expansions, I would suggest including them in a separate folder along with the main mod, clearly labeled so people don't confuse the two. A readme file could explain what the expansion folder is for, and anyone who wants to install the additional ones could do so if they wish (either all of them, one of them, or just a couple of them).

I would like to know what you think of this, and whether or not it would be a good idea to do the same with TSLRCM and M4-78. I feel this would help keep the entire restoration mod and its different parts more organized, as well as helping out people who aren't very knowledgeable of the developments that occur with these restoration mods. Having the main restoration mod and all the extra expansions in one download would ensure these people don't miss out on content they might be interested in playing.

I was also wondering how the expansions for K1R were going to be handled. Are they all going to have their own separate forums or will there be just one "K1R expansions" forum?

Hello there big KOTOR fan here been playing them since 2005, I really hope they will make a KOTOR 3, but thats aside the point. I noticed this restoration mod about half a year ago, and I still can't wait for the 1.0 version. I just wanted to thank everybody who is working on this project, and hope that yall dont give up (not that i think yall are). Also keep on taking your time, this is going to be the best mod for kotor 1, one of the best games made!

• Like 1

I'm glad someone replied back. I was close to thinking this was dead.

You know how it is when you're so anxious and no reporting-back-of-information :>)

No rush but thanks nevertheless and good luck with whatever else you've yet to tackle. Bye.

I'm glad someone replied back. I was close to thinking this was dead.

You know how it is when you're so anxious and no reporting-back-of-information :>)

No rush but thanks nevertheless and good luck with whatever else you've yet to tackle. Bye.

After 4.5 years of the mod being worked on, do you think we'd kill it when it's so close? :D

• Like 1

You guys would have the mod in your hands already if it weren't for the Pazaak Tournament but I basically said that K1R wouldn't be complete without the tourney so it must be in 1.0.  So yeah you can blame the delays on my insistence of the Pazaak Tourney, I think you will find the delays have been well worth it though.  Apologies for the continued wait guys.

• Like 1