It's come to my attention that many of the mods I released over the past 2 years were... how do I put this... Buggy.

I don't know what it is - might be modders fatigue, or it might be that I've been out of the loop, or it might be that I really am still a n00b. I don't know, but I've lost faith in my modding recently.

Anyways, if any of you guys are aware of any terrible bugs or complete utter shittiness, please report said shittiness in this thread here.

Oh come on VP, it is not that worse. I remember when you put out your Peragus mod. We were a lot to be astonished that day. Errors happen all the time you know? It is not that big a deal to make a patch, is-it? I mean, if you are looking for proof, take a look at a few mods: TSL RCM 1.6 needed a patch, then they got 1.6a out. 1.7 has had 2 fixes yet.... I'd name some more, but supper time. Anyway, just wanted to tell you this: it is not so bad to make a few errors when you are doing all of this for free...

Oh come on VP, it is not that worse. I remember when you put out your Peragus mod. We were a lot to be astonished that day. Errors happen all the time you know? It is not that big a deal to make a patch, is-it? I mean, if you are looking for proof, take a look at a few mods: TSL RCM 1.6 needed a patch, then they got 1.6a out. 1.7 has had 2 fixes yet.... I'd name some more, but supper time. Anyway, just wanted to tell you this: it is not so bad to make a few errors when you are doing all of this for free...

It's not just that. Apparently Full Force mod was full of bugs and nobody told me.. or Team Hssiss really.

Guest HaVoKeR

Full force mod? what it does?

btw your peragus mod is great, even compared to mine in greatness. =p hehehehe *jokes* still, you can make stuff i cant, all i did was scripting for dummies + .2da edit with many good ideas for balancing the game... i.e. you can use me as a n00b modder sample, not you. =)

So... this is my fault?

Sorry.

Hey, TSLRCM still has bugs too, as MrPhil said. So not like we're that much better 0_0. But your HK Factory was a big improvement to the original.

What bugs are within Full Force mods? Used-it a dozen time without any problems!!!

So... this is my fault?

Sorry.

Hey, TSLRCM still has bugs too, as MrPhil said. So not like we're that much better 0_0. But your HK Factory was a big improvement to the original.

No, not your fault. It's mostly my dissatisfaction with Full Force Mod.... my inability to read the loot script didn't help though, lol.

Look I know I'm not really a bad modder, but I want you guys to tell me if there's an issue that's caused by one of my mods.

Apparently FFM isn't compatible with stoffe's High Level Force powers which is a big let-down.

Guest newbiemodder

I think bugginess in mods goes with the territory. You, me or any other modder makes his/her mod within the confines of their own pc and get them to work accordingly. We try our best to make them user friendly and hopefully compatable with other mods, but there are no absolutes in life or in modding. I've received numerous messages from people who have said my Korriban mod is buggy. When I ask them if they have any other mods, they give me this huge long list of mods they are running. What do you expect? VP- keep doing what you are doing. You are a valuable asset to the KOTOR modding community. We need you. You do great work. Screw the critics.

For the record, never had a problem with the FF mod.

I apologize for the attitude, but this topic set me off this morning.

VP, you can install both High Level Force Power AND Full Force mod. static joe does it every playtrough and I personnally did-it last playtrough with success. It has to do with the order in which they are installed. Let me check my pm box and I'll tell you the right order. By the way, we did-it with no bug whatsoever. Only bug is when you don't install in the right order.

Edit: here's the order that worked for me:

1- Full Force Mod

2- High level force power 2.0

3- High Level Force power 2.1

Try-it like this! If it work, I propose you update your read-me with these instructions and send the mod over here at deadly stream, as filefront is such a mess (I sent a mod, with picture this time and they've put new mods out and plain ignored mine, so screw them :D).

By the way, what newbiemodder said is so true too. You cannt be expected to make perfect compatibility with subsequent mods unless you make your mod exactly in this regard, but even then, your mod in itself is working great.

I'm tempted to list all of the mods I have installed in my game since I've never really had any problem with major compatibility issues. But I won't.

VP, I have these mods of yours installed with no issues whatsoever:

-Peragus Tweak 1.2

-VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans (only installed fixed loot scripts and fixed bronze/orange colors)

-Trayus Rank Reform 1.2

-Handsister Fix 1.1

-Kreia Green Fix

They're all awesome mods that have greatly enhanced my game and made it more enjoyable. So don't even start thinking that you're a bad modder or anything like that. It's simply not true.

And yes, Trayus Rank Reform was just plain awesome. Don't remember seeing any bug though. And when we'll see the color of Malachor VI, rest assured we'll help both you and bead-v get rid of the bugs remaining if applicable. And if not help get rid of 'em, alas help find 'em out :D

I've got all of the above plus Full Force Mod and no problem with any of them. In fact, I went through the Jekk Jekk Tar with it about 15 minutes ago. Gand rooms+Deadly Sight=absolutely brilliant!

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

I think bugginess in mods goes with the territory. You, me or any other modder makes his/her mod within the confines of their own pc and get them to work accordingly. We try our best to make them user friendly and hopefully compatable with other mods, but there are no absolutes in life or in modding. I've received numerous messages from people who have said my Korriban mod is buggy. When I ask them if they have any other mods, they give me this huge long list of mods they are running. What do you expect? VP- keep doing what you are doing. You are a valuable asset to the KOTOR modding community. We need you. You do great work. Screw the critics.

For the record, never had a problem with the FF mod.

I apologize for the attitude, but this topic set me off this morning.

^^^^

What he said...

There is always going to be something you missed.

Guest DH-010

Hey!

I have the peragus tweak and trayus reformation and I already shared my two cents about those on the old forum...

Really if I thought something was bad, you'd know! ;)

Still looking forward to Malachor VI. ^_^

Guest Bob Ta'aar

I can only support the argument that having a few things not working right away the way you want is only natural, especially with modding.

As you ask for it though ... the only problem ever ran into with one of your mods was the incompatibility of the Handsister-fix with RCM. But, well, I don't even remember when was the last time I actually managed to finish a playthrough, 'cause I always install so many mods, that in the end I got some conflict or another. But hey, always look at the bright side: I learned a whole damn lot about mod compatibility and how to increase it.

Just keep up the good work, that's actually all there is to say ^_^!

Thanks guys. It seems this is coming across as a "VP's losing faith in himself" thread, but that's not the case really. I'm just a little disillusioned with the simple mistakes I've been making in regards to mods recently. Checking back on mods that I thought were soundly configured to install, and seeing that there are major issues kinda threw me off.

So thanks guys for your support. If there are any installation recommendations though, that would be nice to know. I know installing FFM before stoffe's force powers seems to work best, for instance. Any other comments?

Well, last I checked, I think there was an issue with Kreia's green fix and an animation later in the game. I did not get this error myself, as I never went that far when I had your mod installed (stopped by other mods incompatibility...), but if you could think of a way to correct the bugger, that would be great...

Well, last I checked, I think there was an issue with Kreia's green fix and an animation later in the game. I did not get this error myself, as I never went that far when I had your mod installed (stopped by other mods incompatibility...), but if you could think of a way to correct the bugger, that would be great...

I think I know what needs to be done. It basically has to do with the Kreia model that TSLRCM adds with the custom animations.

Heh, ask nicely (or more, be inclined to want it) and the green fix can probably get into vanilla TSLRCM, modified of course to fix that one instance there...

I think I know what needs to be done. It basically has to do with the Kreia model that TSLRCM adds with the custom animations.

I can help slightly with this one for dantooine rebuilt enclave Kreia is a unique model Jinger built so as to have the suicide animation. Since its a different model the fix won't apply to her it's just a matter of applying the fix to that model as well.

Guest We are called Legion...

VP you have nothing be worry about! We're only human, mistakes are inevitable. Instead of losing faith in modding, you should learn from the mistakes of the past to make a better future. By making (and learning from) n00bish mistakes now, you can make even more amazing mods in the future! Keep up the good work! Can't wait for Malachor VI! ;)

I don't think he lost faith, only he was pissed off at having some bugs in mods that he thought were clean of 'em.

Yes, he hasn't, even though he wrote "I don't know, but I've lost faith in my modding recently." in the first post. =P

Guest bendarby24

vp i have all your mod installed and i have no problems at all, your mods are the best ;)