#1 Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTowson, Maryland

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

In KOTOR 2- I want an NPC To use; 201TravM and another NPC to use; 201TravF in the Module 203, I want to know if this is possible and if so, how? 

#2 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

Not really sure if I understand your question: You want to have a dialog with an NPC in module 1 that transports you to another module where the dialog continues with another NPC?

Pj1kKbw.jpg

#3 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:48 AM

You'll have to duplicate the original DLGs.

#4 Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

Not really sure if I understand your question: You want to have a dialog with an NPC in module 1 that transports you to another module where the dialog continues with another NPC?

No. I don't really know how I can explain it better, I want an NPC to use dialogue that's only found in another module. In this case. The dialogue found in Telos Docking Area (Module 201) on the Male and Female "Traveller" NPC's that wander the halls. I want to take their dialogue and attach it to a couple of NPC's in the Residential East (Module 203) rather than those NPC's default dialog, which you can see in their UTC's.

You'll have to duplicate the original DLGs.

I'm sorry I don't understand. 

#5 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

The game can't see content across modules. If you want dialogue from a different module, you'll need to make copies of the originals and load them in the second module, the same as any other dialogue for that module.

#6 Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

The game can't see content across modules. If you want dialogue from a different module, you'll need to make copies of the originals and load them in the second module, the same as any other dialogue for that module.

But how would I do that practically? 

#7 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

The same way you would for any other module-level edit, by packing the module as a MOD (with the exception of a couple of TSL modules that require RIM/ERFs). The characters in question would also need UTC edits to point to the new dialogues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users