The Times They Are a-Changin'
After what seems like years(oh wait...) I am excited to announce the release of the latest Deadlystream overhaul next Wednesday (5/23).
- New theme - Updating the homepage and forum to have a more up-to-date look and feel.
- New forums - We have had a large backlog for new forum requests and they will be fulfilled beginning next week.
- Clubs - The ability for members to create and manage their own micro-communities within Deadlystream. Much like sub-reddits or the "social groups" feature of LucasForums.
- Chat - Not exactly new but the chat room is coming back to a forum near you!
- Bookmarks - Allows any member to save content and come back to it later (think reddit save feature).
- Wiki - Adding wiki functionality to Deadlystream to make tutorials and general knowledge sharing more intuitive.
- Discord - We will be endorsing an official Discord for the KoTOR community and displaying Discord stats on Deadlystream directly. More to come soon.
- Admin tools - A much needed update to admin and moderator tools for the staff to help make their lives easier.
- Gallery and Blogs - Modernizing and adding new features to both applications, making them easier to use and adding some must have features.
- Community Engagement - Updates to polls (surveys), raffles and awards. We want to see a big uplift in the number of community events hosted by both Staff and the community as a whole.
- Downloads - Many small enhancements to the downloads section and many optimizations to make downloads faster and easier.
- Login and Profiles - Login with discord, steam and google and new fields to display your steam and discord users directly on your user profile.
- Premium Members - Additional premium only features such as DS email accounts, chat rooms, forums and more.
- New Users - Updates to initial communication to new users, helping them understand Deadlystream and the KoTOR community overall.
- Modders Account - Focusing on advertising this feature to the community, its free and provides a bigger upload limit, access to a new modders only forum, and additional features around the site.
- Bans - More transparency around bans, why a member has been banned and how long the ban is for.
- Staff - We will have more announcements around available positions and general staff updates in the near future.
- Other - Hundreds of small tweaks to posting, uploads, downloads, user profiles and the overall user interface.
- 5/23 - we will release the site update, forums will be updated immediately, the front(home) page will be down.
- June - roll out of new features, forums and general updates. Optimization of the site and new features throughout the month.
- Mid-June - Discord integration, community announcements / updates.
- July - Homepage will be brought back online, tweaks to the site and features as needed. New admin tools rolled out.
I am personally very excited to be able to finally announce these changes. Any questions are more than welcome.
May the force be with us all!