Sign in to follow this  
sepragukas

Armor with underwear appearance

I'm looking for upgradeable armor with decent stats that has the appearance of the underwear of whichever character is equipping it. I thought a mod like this would have been made ages ago already but I couldn't find anything.

Failing that, I'm looking for an armor with the appearance of one of the Twin Suns. Kinda like Five Twin Suns-Esque Outfits For Female PCs but as actually useful armors (or robes) rather than plain clothing.

Can anyone help me out here? I need this for my current run where my PC has the model of the blue Twin Suns sister from Effixian's Twi'lek PC Pack; I have already improved the textures but I don't want to run around in something that doesn't actually protect.

I've attached my improved textures in case anyone has a use for them. Overall, the skin tone is a little lighter, eyes, nose, and lekku have been changed and the outfit is also slightly different. Most importantly, all textures are much less blocky now.

TwinSunTextures.zip

But that would change existing armors.

Also, I'm really not a modder and I'd like to avoid making changes to any 2da files, especially appearance.2da. I thought this could maybe be done as a simple .uti that you could drop in override and later remove without breaking anything. Is that not possible?

No, that's not possible. The UTI doesn't contain that information. The model is determined by baseitems.2da and appearance.2da.

You could make a new item type that has the stats of armor but the appearance of underwear (model A) but it would require a new line in baseitems.2da. And to make yourself look like a Twi'lek would necessitate editing appearance.2da regardless of what else you want to do.

And to make yourself look like a Twi'lek would necessitate editing appearance.2da regardless of what else you want to do.

This part is already covered by Effixian's Twi'lek PC Pack.

You could make a new item type that has the stats of armor but the appearance of underwear (model A) but it would require a new line in baseitems.2da.

This seems a good solution. I don't have baseitems.2da in my override and I don't know any mods that use it.

But like I said I'm not a modder. I tried my hands at actual KotOR modding (other than textures) only once and that was like 10 years ago. And I had to reinstall the game afterwards because somehow I managed to break everything.

I would really appreciate it if someone could whip up that .uti and the baseitems.2da. Doesn't even have to use TSLPatcher or anything.

Sure, why not. I'm sending it into the upload queue now. I've added nothing fancy, just a +4 defense bonus, but you (or someone else) will be able to edit the UTI further however you wish.

Nvm

Edited by Ahsana
This was poorly communicated and should have been its own thread.