Sign in to follow this  
ShadyChaos

Galaxy Map - Coruscant Bug

Hey everyone.

I recently installed these new planet textures for Coruscant on the Galaxy Map. Everything works as it should, but instead of showing the planet details it is showing this instead...

post-31410-0-89093700-1524496834_thumb.png

What did I do wrong? It wasn't doing that before. Can someone please help me with this?

Many thanks.  :D

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

When accessing the Galaxy Map.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes, the 1.8.5 version.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

GOG Version.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

Yes.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file? Yes, it's a fresh install.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) Too many to count.

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? I recently installed these new planet textures for Coruscant on the Galaxy Map. Everything works as it should, but instead of showing the planet details it is showing this instead...

post-31410-0-79341700-1524498770_thumb.png

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod? Yes, several times.

11) Have you tried using a different save game? No, I only the one save.

12) Have you tried starting a new game? No.

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Windows 10 64 bit

That issue happens when you don't have the Coruscant and M4-78 compability patch installed. Re-read the installation instructions of my mod and make sure you followed them exactly.

I already have that patch installed. I have tried reinstalling the planet textures and the patch, but nothing is happening.

I really don't know what else to do.

• Like 1

That's really strange because my mod just doesn't have any file that could cause this. The only thing that could have happened is that my mod accidently replaced galaxymap_p.gui in the Override.

Could you check the backup folder that was created when installing my mod and put the galaxymap_p.gui from there back into your Override folder (make sure to keep a copy of the one in the Override). If that fixes it, then I need to figure out what my mod did wrong. If it doesn't, then it's another mod.

I replaced the backup file from your mod, but the bug still exists. This must mean that your mod isn't causing the problem, some other mod is.

Problem is I don't know which one. This is getting annoying.

I replaced the backup file from your mod, but the bug still exists. This must mean that your mod isn't causing the problem, some other mod is.

Problem is I don't know which one. This is getting annoying.

That's why this question was vital.

What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Sorry to say but if you can't list all of your mods, you're likely going to run into this issue again and again.

No, I'm sorry but I have the patch as well and I ran into the same issue.

It's interesting that we both have several mods in our game (too many to count, you said) and we both have the same glitch text popping up, the HK Factory.

Is there a specific entry this map is conflicting with not included in the patch?

Okay, I figured out the issue. I needed to copy the changes.ini from the compatibility patch in to the actual mod tslpatcherdata folder.

It even said on the page for the patch here. Ugh.... I guess I should've looked harder.  :veryangry:  :wallbash:  :realmad:  

I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time and I'm going to go into hiding for awhile now.  :hiding:

Sorry for the bump, but I dun goofed up in a similar manner. I forgot to replace the changes.ini file. Problem is now I've got way, WAAAAAY to many mods just to redo the process and I'm not about to figure out which files belongs to which mod to remove them somewhere else and start again.

I was wondering if there was a way to manually make the edits the new changes.ini file makes manually in Kotor Tool to the Planetary.2DA file or whatever other file is responsible for the galaxy map jargon. 

You can just run the installer a second time with the correct changes.ini and it will fix the problem. It will overwrite the models/textures and edit the Couscant row of planetary.2da. That's probably easier than trying to edit it manually if you don't know what you are doing.