51 replies to this topic

#41 Hikifroggy

Hikifroggy

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

administrators really need to make a official thread or pinned topic for approved mods so people don't have to keep asking for approval or will just turn into another disasters like last time...

people can approve or disapprove mods anytime they want under the thread or pinned topic like a list of approval for future references

#42 Canderis

Canderis

Serial Project Abandoner

• Moderators
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:24 AM

administrators really need to make a official thread or pinned topic for approved mods so people don't have to keep asking for approval or will just turn into another disasters like last time...

people can approve or disapprove mods anytime they want under the thread or pinned topic like a list of approval for future references

No. People want to grant permission on a mod-by-mod basis. There is also no easier way to see which permissions a mod has received than keeping it in that mod's thread.

#43 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

A Future Pilot has my permission to also use Kandon Ark Fix and Male Sith Archeologist Restoration.

#44 A Future Pilot

A Future Pilot

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

A Future Pilot has my permission to also use Kandon Ark Fix and Male Sith Archeologist Restoration.

Thanks for the post! :)

Maintainer of the Unofficial Patch for KOTOR 1

#45 A Future Pilot

A Future Pilot

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:38 AM

So I'm working on the bugs reported by Mr. Ardvark, and I'm trying to figure out why Belaya attacks with her fists.

She has a lightsaber in her inventory, but she doesn't draw it for several combat rounds. If I place one in her hand from the get-go, she'll attack with it right off, but then she's holding a lightsaber for the dialog.

Does anyone have any ideas what's up with that?

#46 L0ki194

L0ki194

Probably the laziest modder alive...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:13 AM

I've got a slight suggestion if you don't want Belaya to hold a lightsaber while in dialogue. Perhaps you could script it so right as she yells "For Juhani!" she equips and draws her lightsaber. Looking at a youtube video, I don't think "For Juhani!" is a separate line though, so you might have to splice it off the one voice clip and make it play separately after.

#47 A Future Pilot

A Future Pilot

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:40 AM

I think I could actually attach that to the script that makes her an enemy. Thanks for the idea!

A side note to other mod authors, If a dialog (or .are, or .ifo, etc.) calls a script what is the better way to deal with things:

1. Change the dialog file to call your custom script file, then call the original script from your custom script

or

2. Change the name of the original script and name your custom script the same as the original. Then call the original from your custom script.

The benefit number 2 has IMO is one less file to modify. However, you then have a custom script in your Override folder that is named the same as an original script.

Thoughts?

P.S. In this particular case, I can decompile the script file. But I'm moreso thinking about when I can't.

#48 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

So I'm working on the bugs reported by Mr. Ardvark, and I'm trying to figure out why Belaya attacks with her fists.

She has a lightsaber in her inventory, but she doesn't draw it for several combat rounds. If I place one in her hand from the get-go, she'll attack with it right off, but then she's holding a lightsaber for the dialog.

Does anyone have any ideas what's up with that?

I think I fixed that by using DelayCommands when equipping her weapon:

void main() {
	object oPC = GetFirstPC();
	ChangeToStandardFaction(OBJECT_SELF, 1);
 	DelayCommand(0.4, ActionEquipMostDamagingMelee());
	DelayCommand(0.5, ActionAttack(oPC, 0));
}

I can't remember if that actually worked but that's what I did^^

And for your second question: I'd go with option 2. While that puts a custom script with a vanilla name in the Override, it has the advantage of not touching dialog files. The reason for why I find that advantageous is that TSLPatcher can easily run into problems with dlg files and I think that's why many people just copy their edited dialog files into the Override instead of using TSLPatcher and then you'd run into incompabilites if you were to edit the dialog for your script. Unless your mod is installed last but I don't think anyone is going to do that with an unofficial patch.

Pj1kKbw.jpg

#49 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:20 AM

What's wrong with that? Many Kotor NPCs talk with a lightsaber at hand during dialogues.

#50 Thrak Farelle

Thrak Farelle

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

It's great to see things working out here so positively! :)  Looking forward to giving it a try my next playthrough (which will probably be after the summer, no way can I fit a proper KotOR playthrough in my life before then!)

A Future Pilot has my happy permission to include my Droid Feat Gain Fix in the K1 Unofficial Patch

• jc2 likes this

#51 A Future Pilot

A Future Pilot

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:26 AM

It's great to see things working out here so positively! :D  Looking forward to giving it a try my next playthrough (which will probably be after the summer, no way can I fit a proper KotOR playthrough in my life before then!)

A Future Pilot has my happy permission to include my Droid Feat Gain Fix in the K1 Unofficial Patch

Thank you so much for the permission!

Just so everyone knows, my newborn daughter is currently in the NICU, and probably will be for a month or so, so it will be a little while before I get v1.1 out. So I haven't dropped off the map, just real life is more important right now :)

#52 CarthOnasty

CarthOnasty

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTelos IV

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

Just so everyone knows, my newborn daughter is currently in the NICU, and probably will be for a month or so, so it will be a little while before I get v1.1 out. So I haven't dropped off the map, just real life is more important right now :D

Sending good vibes your way, all the best.

I made Star Map Revamp for K1.

Always looking for a new project. Holler if you have any ideas.

Awesome profile photo courtesy of Darkipedia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users