Photo

Remaking the Loading Screens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Remaking the Loading Screens (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?

1. More Vibrant Skies 1.0 by Malkior (8 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 by Vurt (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote

#81 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

Damn, I forgot.  How do I change the Red Eclipse from hostile to neutral?

My Mods . . . the complete list Please leave reviews as I like to know when I've done something right, for a change.

#82 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:56 AM

Damn, I forgot.  How do I change the Red Eclipse from hostile to neutral?

In Kotor Tool go to "004ebo_s.rim" and open the utc files "008" and "009",  go to the advanced tab, click the faction box and change hostile to neutral, save and place in override. (Make sure you remove them when you are done)

#83 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

I have no god damn idea.

Looks like Googling "gimp batch watermark" will probably turn up the sort of thing you need. Try Youtube, I'm sure there will be some videos that walk through the process.

#84 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Worth a look. Thanks!

Update:  Sorry if I've been short with anyone.  I've encountered some technical problems with loading the Red Eclipse modules, finding out I've deleted files that I shouldn't have (the aforementioned Red Eclipse modules) and whatnot, and it's been trying.  The anger is directed towards me but I fear someone of you may have caught some of the nastiness.  Again sorry about that . . . and thanks for all of the assistance that I've been given.

My Mods . . . the complete list Please leave reviews as I like to know when I've done something right, for a change.

#85 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

Korriban. . . conquered!

tDWIVO8.png

One planet left to go so get your votes in by tonight (Alaska time).

Update: I will very likely be releasing the collections in TPC format (rather than TGA format) which has the distinct advantage of lower file sizes. This is especially nice considering my lousy "island internet" that I have to deal with.

#86 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

You won't actually see any benefit in the upload (or the download for endusers), as any gains you make in the TPC compression, you lose in the archive compression. The difference will be in drive space required for the enduser, which may be of relevance if the file count is high enough. Just be aware of the image quality tradeoff you have to make for it though. You might want to test some samples before you batch convert the lot.

#87 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

If you wondering why the thread was locked before, I must have done that when trying to close the poll. It was not intentional. Anyway . . .

I've made all of the loading screens now. I'm going to attach the loadscreens.2da here and hopefully, I have not royally messed it up. Input welcome!

Attached Files

#88 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Why would you modify the loadscreens.2da for a mod that replaces the textures?

(Does that file even DO anything?)

#89 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

Why would you modify the loadscreens.2da for a mod that replaces the textures?
(Does that file even DO anything?)

Read the thread.

#90 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

I am, can't find it... and considering we didn't even touch it either, it's obviously not required to add/replace loadingscreens

#91 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

I am, can't find it... and considering we didn't even touch it either, it's obviously not required to add/replace loadingscreens

http://deadlystream....ge-3#entry64333

#92 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

Very interesting... I always figured that file was useless entirely and just adding load_x .tga's would be all. After all missing loading screens (853 for example) defaulted to regular, and adding non-existing module loadscreens worked just fine.

#93 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:42 AM

Might not work for the mods in the add-on pack though without it.

By the way, the consistent readers may have noticed me mention "bonus mods". I've just uploaded the first one.

#94 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

Hmmm, will you include screens for the base game Coruscant (950COR) or the Telos Shuttle (235TEL)?

#95 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hmmm, will you include screens for the base game Coruscant (950COR) or the Telos Shuttle (235TEL)?

I considered 950COR (Coruscant) load screen but I was taken aback on how quickly and seamlessly it goes from the Ebon Hawk to the scene of the Trial.  There's no load screen normally there so I'd just be adding time.  To add one now would be a pointless gesture on my part.

As for 235TEL, what did you have in mind?

#96 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:08 PM

The Coruscant module is loaded when you leave the Academy (you'll get the base game screen loading screen then). After that cutscene is done (and Handmaiden joins for males) 003EBO is loaded.

I suppose a focused shot on Atton flying maybe? Or a still from the bik? It's your mod :P

#97 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

I wouldn't want to have Atton because someone else's Atton might look different than mine - and that's leaving aside what sort of clothing he's wearing and so on.

The BIK is pretty low resolution but . . . I might be able to cook something up. I'll work on it and send you a PM with a concept.

Update: Might anyone the name of the model for the shuttle that has the wings down already and in flight - like the ones flying outside the windows in Citadel Station?

#98 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

The ones you see out windows are part of the module. I'm not sure if there is a standalone one, but it wouldn't be a big deal to rip one out if you need.

#99 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

If you are offering, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully the simple Model Viewer will be able to work with it.

I'm just hoping to get aft-view hi-res shot of the shuttle with the wings down.  Then I'll just put that on top of a space field with Telos in it and I could call it a day

#100 JCarter426

JCarter426

Jedi Master

• M478_Staff
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

This should work (attached).

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users