Photo

Remaking the Loading Screens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Remaking the Loading Screens (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?

1. More Vibrant Skies 1.0 by Malkior (8 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 by Vurt (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote

#41 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:59 AM

Great work so far!

I'd use the ingame swoop model for consistency.

And to answer an older question: Yes, the Coruscant mod has loading screens. Three IIRC and at least one of them is a matte painting from episode 3 and not a shot from the game, so replacing those would be really great.

#42 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:15 AM

Kexikus, could you be a pal and forward those loading screens to me? I will install that mod eventually but it would help knowing what I am in for in advance of that time.

My Current Project: Remaking the KotOR2 Loading ScreensThe initial post consistently updated to provide the most current information.

#43 ndix UR

ndix UR

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationca, usa

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

I agree about the potential benefit of replacing the Coruscant loading screens (there are 3). They were out of place enough in a modern install that I made (fairly poor) replacements myself (for personal use). One is the EP3 Coruscant cityscape, the other is a Jedi Temple external shot against the Coruscant skybox it used, and the third was an interior hall of fountains shot.

Not sure how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, but Azgath N'Dul's Tomb also contains two load screens, load_712KOR and load_713KOR. I *think* they were in-game locales, but it's been awhile.

#44 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

Hey folks - just a small update.

This mod will be split into two parts:
1. The Base game (and TSLRCM)
2. Additional mods' support pack

The second is an add-on pack which will cover mods that add areas with loading screens to the game including: M4-78 EP, Curse of the Sith, Azgath N'Dul's Tomb, Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion, and the Coruscant Jedi Temple.

Here's the artwork from the Curse of the Sith loading screen without the horizontal filter.

YGxwvox.png

My Current Project: Remaking the KotOR2 Loading ScreensThe initial post consistently updated to provide the most current information.

#45 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

Oh . . . and Telos is done now too. Here's part of the HK Factory without the filter applied.

rIJ8ZeB.png

This next picture present an interesting issue . . . a loading screen that I can't use at present.

The 205TEL mod has the cutscene where the Exile meets Admiral Onasi. However, in the game it reuses a standard Telos loading screen. (It doesn't have it's own loading screen.) So this won't be included but I thought I'd show it to you all anyway.

Rn4dk7f.png

#46 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

I would have used sELFiNDUCEDcOMA's textures for Dxun's Sith Tomb but they haven't been released yet.  However - by using sELFiNDUCEDcOMA's picture from his WIP thread - this gives an idea of how it would have looked.

YMoTiJS.png

But since his textures aren't available, I decided to use the regular textures but use GLIntercept to move up to pool while "the Sith ritual" was still going on.

2sWINz3.png

#47 JCarter426

JCarter426

Jedi Master

• M478_Staff
  • 410 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

The 205TEL mod has the cutscene where the Exile meets Admiral Onasi. However, in the game it reuses a standard Telos loading screen. (It doesn't have it's own loading screen.) So this won't be included but I thought I'd show it to you all anyway.

Oh, so you're not doing any 2DA editing. Huh, this is... strange. I would think 154, 853, 907, and 950 might be in trouble too, but they actually do have custom loadscreens. Just not 205. There's a line for it, but it has 204's data. Maybe it was a typo.

Progress looks good, in any case. :D

#48 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

JC, if there's a file that you could make to accomplish that, I am game.

#49 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

It requires editing loadscreens.2da, which is what JC was referring to.

#50 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

It requires editing loadscreens.2da, which is what JC was referring to.

Including that shouldn't be a problem, I think.

Update: I've just created a new one that should cover both the main game and all of the optional mods as well.

#51 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

Could I request for the Carth meeting loading screen you instead display Carth simply starring out the window showing his whole body instead of this close up portrait of his face. I believe at some point in the cutscene he does face out the window so it is possible.

#52 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

Could I request for the Carth meeting loading screen you instead display Carth simply starring out the window showing his whole body instead of this close up portrait of his face. I believe at some point in the cutscene he does face out the window so it is possible.

I need more feedback from others before I take requests.

#53 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a request, but I was going to suggest the same thing. A shot from behind of him looking over the station would be better.

#54 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

So . . . like this?

pAAqLIL.png

#55 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

Something along those lines, but maybe further back/a wider shot. Possibly it may require breaking out of the cutscene to do.

#56 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

He's not aimed at the window long enough in the scene. That doesn't give me enough time to use GLIntercept to get behind him to take a shot. That's probably beyond me - so it's a no go.

#57 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

So . . . like this?

pAAqLIL.png

It does at least make it more organic of a shot. However, I like the idea behind this "request" for perhaps different reasons.

The reason why I like this shot is because Carth's face is obscured, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the loadscreen kind of spoils the surprise reveal since it plays before the scene starts.
|____________>>_______>>__/

#58 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

Something along those lines, but maybe further back/a wider shot. Possibly it may require breaking out of the cutscene to do.

Or I just turn one of my other characters into Carth ... that I could do.

edt5f8G.png

#59 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

Time for some crowd sourcing . . .

I haven't been satisfied with screens for the Swoops tracks on Citadel Station, Nar Shaddaa, and Onderon. I need to get HUD-free, wide screenshots of each of the Swoop tracks in KOTOR2. They all have different swoops and tracks so I'd screenshots for each one. Could any of you take some dynamic in-game shots on each track that I could use for my Loading Screen project? Post your submission here!  If used, you'll be included in the credits as a contributor!  If not used, you'll still be included in the credits - as long as it's not a joke shot.)

Back to Admiral Onasi . . . 

Not having access to the cutscene room that Carth appears in has made it difficult for me to take a behind the shoulder (or back) screen shot. On what map shall I place Carth looking out the window? I gave an example above but I think I can do better. I also think I placed him too far away from the camera as well.

#60 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:34 AM

Remember that 205TEL doesn't technically exist - it's just the 204TEL layout (Residential 082 West), so you should be able to use exactly the same room as Carth. If it is behind a locked door you can just use one of those armbands that will let you unlock doors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users