Sith Holocron

Remaking the Loading Screens

Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which skybox replacement do you prefer for Dantooine?

• More Vibrant Skies 1.0 by Malkior
    • K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 by Vurt

Hey guys. I had the idea to redo the loading screen for the Ebon Hawk Exterior using my Replacement Peragus II Artwork by Trench 1.0. I have Glintercept so I can move the camera to where I want but in order to use the T3-M4 model in the screenshot, I'll have to remove the droid filter that you get when you look at anything using the first person view. If it's not feasible, I'll just use KSE to change the character to a human and hide them off screen but I figure it's worth a shot.

Update: This was originally a question I asked but rather than remake the thread, I'll just turn it into a WIP. I've been remaking some of the loading screens lately and I might wind up doing all of them. As usual, no release date but I'll post new work from time to time.

Shortcuts to the WIP Examples:

001EBO (Ebon Hawk interior during the Prologue)
002EBO (Ebon Hawk exterior during the Prologue)
003EBO (Ebon Hawk - Interior)
004EBO (Ebon Hawk - Red Eclipse Slaver Invasion) [First Rejected Attempt: 004EBO]
005EBO (Ebon Hawk - Escape from Peragus)
007EBO/011/012/020 (TSLRCM additions)
101PER (Peragus - Administration Level)
298TEL (Military Base Sub-Level)
102PER (Mining Tunnels)
209TEL (Czerka Offices)
301NAR (Refugee Landing Pad)
302NAR (Refugee Quad)
303NAR (Docks)
306NAR (Entertainment Promenade)
411DXN (Dxun - Sith Tomb)
701KOR (Korriban - Valley of the Dark Lords)
907MAL (Malachor V Kreia/Sion cutscene)
100CDN (Curse of the Sith)

These will be sized at 2048 by 2048.

What's completed so far:

Ebon Hawk
Peragus
Harbinger
Citadel Station (excepting 221TEL and the Swoop Track)
Telos IV
Nar Shaddaa
G0-T0's Yacht
Dxun
Onderon
Korriban
Malachor V
Curse of the Sith
Azgath N'Dul's Tomb
Coruscant
M4-78 Enhancement Project

Next up . . .

Dantooine!

Mods utilized for the screenshots:

Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox by Sharen Thrawn
TSL Backdrop Improvements 1.4 by Kexikus
KOTOR2 More Subtle Animated Ebon Hawk Monitors (still not including Galaxy Map) by Me
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement 1.0 by Fallen Guardian
Hi Resolution Skin for Ebon Hawk (TSL) 1.0 by Vurt
Replacement Peragus II Artwork by Trench 1.0 by Trench
Peragus Large Monitor Adjustment 1.0 by Me
K2TSLR - The Sith Lords Remastered WIP Alpha 1-1 by sELFiNDUCEDcOMA
Citadel Station Signage 1.1 by Me
More Vibrant Skies 1.0 by Malkior
Telos Polar Plateau Skybox by Drewton (unreleased)
K2 Exterior Textures, Part 1 by Vurt
K2 Exterior Textures, Part 2 Version 0.1 by Vurt
Fixed Hologram Models and Admiralty Redux for TSLRCM 1.2 by DarthParametric (in loading screen but likely won't be released. See here for more details.)
Korriban High-Res Retextures by Angelus6
JC's Minor Fixes for K2 1.3 by JCarter426
Malachor Exterior Reskin By Quanon
Replacement Texture for Lightning on Malachor V by Me
High Quality Blasters 1.0 by Sithspecter

Note:
This mod will not include the loading screen for module 221TEL. There is a perfectly suitable version found in this fix pack by JCarter426.

DarthParametric and N-DReW25 have been very helpful since I've started this little thing so I just wanted to express my appreciation now before their eventual mention in a read-me file. (Plus this is a reminder for myself too.)

Pssst . . . drop a like on the posts that has the screenshots you like. (It lets me know if I'm on the right track.)

• Like 1

If I remember rightly, there’s a column in appearance.2da which controls that. It’s been years since I touched either of these games and I don’t currently have either installed, but i’m 90% sure that it’s as simple as that. :)

• Like 2

Thanks!

Update:

I'm not sure about this loading screen so far...  I guess it's a work in progress.

hB29rSN.png

I noticed the loading screen for 001EBO (Ebon Hawk interior during the Prologue) is blank between the two green bars.  Time to change that?

udNIVpz.png

BTW: Welcome back, Marius Fett!

• Like 2

003EBO (Ebon Hawk - Interior)
005EBO (Ebon Hawk - Escape from Peragus)
007EBO/011/012/020 (TSLRCM additions)
xdlJKrp.png

004EBO (Ebon Hawk - Red Eclipse Slaver Invasion)
I only slightly changed the angle. I didn't want them all to be the same . . . I might take the shot from the other side of the room instead.
D98qvYb.png

Edit: Just noticed a texture issue in the first picture. :(  [update: fixed it now.]

I'd put slavers in the slaver loadscreen, otherwise you might as well just keep the generic EH one.

Hmm.  Maybe I'll just convert Mandalore and G0-T0 into Trandoshans and take a picture?  Hard to do it in the middle of the battle but . . . I'll see what I can do next time I start work on it.  (That'll be in a few days.)

As it's too late for me right now look up the UTC stuff - I'm on nights, people - I'll stick with this for now.

DeIBzk1.png

• Like 1

Which lighting is better, A or B?

A

BuCpit4.png

B

aeq4z54.png

Update: With so few votes, I made my own choice. I went with B.

My money is on B

As it's too late for me right now look up the UTC stuff - I'm on nights, people - I'll stick with this for now.

Their weapons are wrong. Trandoshans wield blue sonic rifles while Weeqays wields Force Pikes.

Their weapons are wrong. Trandoshans wield blue sonic rifles while Weeqays wields Force Pikes.

You have the name of the rifles? I can't change anything until that happens - and until I have a few days off from work. (Heh!)

You have the name of the rifles? I can't change anything until that happens - and until I have a few days off from work. (Heh!)

Their sonic rifle cheat code is "propsr02" (It's one of them TSL props that I really hate)

• Like 1

It doesn't have one. It's simply a nameless prop in game.

A prop that Mandalore (disguised as Trandoshan) will be able to use? OK then.

A prop that Mandalore (disguised as Trandoshan) will be able to use? OK then.

He would be able to use it. It's exactly the same as normal weapons except without a name, description and no special bonuses at all.

Many NPCs use props like that for example:

The Onderonian Soldiers use green Echani Foil style vibroswords despite them not existing as an item for the player to use, those are props

In TSL the Blaster Rifles use the brown Mandalorian Rifle textures instead of K1 silver. That means every NPC you see with a K1 silver blaster rifle, such as Mercenaries and the TSF Officers, are actually using props

• Like 1

Finally! A Red Eclipse loading screen with the actual Red Eclipse instead of the overused generic Ebon Hawk one.

• Like 1

I saved the scene and haven't deleted the UTCs yet so that should be a simple fix.  I don't want to clutter this thread with every redo so I might just send you a shot of the scene in a PM.  (I'm going to work so I'll work on it tomorrow.)

Here, try extracting this into your Modules folder. If you are using Steam with the Workshop, you'll need to use TSLRCM's Module folder inside its Workshop folder. Make sure you back up the original 004ebo.mod first.

TSL_004EBO_Trando_Height.7z

If you want to play around with editing the GIT yourself, the Trando in question should be creature #8 (bearing in mind that if you use K-GFF, start your index count from 0 - i.e. 9th one in the list).

• Like 1

Not even sure what a GIT is much less what to do with it.  The tutorials section didn't help so far.

I will try your thing out . . . and thanks!

Update: It didn't seem to work. I'd click on them and they'd raise and then immediately sink back like before. Both in that module and in the regular EH module, I noticed that Exile's feet would also go into the floor at certain points so it's not just the Trandoshans. Certain deck plates don't seem to have that issue. Walkmesh issue, maybe?