djnugent

Where are the DLG files for specific droids?

Quick question:

I am working on a VO for a specific droid. I have been able to find and extract the audio files (which was the EASY part)... I am unable to find the actual dialog entries anywhere.

I am looking for the dialog entries for the Black Market Droid on M4-78. I went digging using the KOTOR toolset, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere, which tells me that I just don't know where and/or how to look.

Also, to assuage any permissions concerns: I plan on submitting it to the M4-78EP modders first in order to obtain permission. If they do not like what they hear, then obviously they can deny permission to add to their already stellar mod. 

Any clarification and helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys! I really want to be a part of all of this :-)

What do you want to change?

I am looking for the dialog entries for the Black Market Droid on M4-78.

HH: It's been awhile since I reached out to people to do new voice overs for 1.3 but didn't we recast that part? (I'd check my own files on my computer myself but I just got to work.)

HH: It's been awhile since I reached out to people to do new voice overs for 1.3 but didn't we recast that part? (I'd check my own files on my computer myself but I just got to work.)

@SH: Very possibly you did...you reached out to me about a year ago to do this, and I was just never able to make it happen. Recently I've been trying to give myself a good inexpensive hobby, and I've always wanted to participate in this stuff, and this looked like something I could do... maybe. Or at least give it a try

802DRO and 808DRO respectfully.

What do you want to change?

@HH: I was going to record replacement VO for the Black Market Droid, but in order to make it a little more fun and "natural" I was going to rewrite some of the purchasing dialogue. After some digging, I found that the items given are almost completely random, with the advantage being that they're all droid items, and that they range from shields, armor, and repair kits (generally). 

That's it - nothing crazy, nothing game changing. After all of the forums last year involving people complaining about the "quality" of the VO acting, I volunteered. Mostly because it seemed that most people would rather complain than try to help. For the most part, I find the VO acting to be perfectly acceptable, especially considering these were done at somebody's PC. When I volunteered to do a part, SH suggested that I make an attempt at the Black Market Droid and helped me to consolidate the lines into an actual VO script. (Thank you again for your efforts on that one, SH!!!)

At this point, if you're telling me to back off because somebody else is already all over it, then you will get no fight or discord from me.

For the record djnugent contacted me about this idea some time ago and I never objected to any of it.

802DRO and 808DRO respectfully.

Sweet, got em. Yay!!! Now maybe I can do...stuff :-)

This could take me a while. Who should I send and/or ask to review my work once I have a "demo" ready? Or does anybody even care...? :-)

Who should I send and/or ask to review my work once I have a "demo" ready? Or does anybody even care...? :-)

Seeing as you've already chatted with Zbyl2 about all of this in a PM, why just continue to do so?  (Perhaps in that already made PM?)

But to make sure, yes, the VO was replaced in 1.3 by ones from CommissarBro.

Okay, no worries. Can't wait to hear it :-)