Sign in to follow this  
LordSerion

New prestige class?

Hello all,

my question is: would it be possible to add new prestige classes to the Sith Lords, with the respective skills, abilities, perks and character progress?

If yes, what kind of details should I share?

gSCMPKt.png

Specifically, there's no way to add any Force-using class. It's a hard limit due to how the system was coded.

I suppose if you wanted a prestige class that couldn't use the Force, you could do that, but then it would break your build because you have to start as a Jedi. If you do that then you do retain everything you had in the old class, but the GUI stops showing that you have any Force points, so you can't even tell when you run out.

• Like 1

That's sad.

Indeed, I wanted to add a non-Force using class. But I guess with all the in-game events where you are supposed to learn Force Powers and use them it might be almost impossible.

Yeah, unfortunately if you want to multiclass into a non-Jedi prestige class, that's not going to work. I've done that and can confirm it results in a bizarre, almost unplayable experience.

Going from Jedi to non-Jedi won't work, but it should be possible to add non-Jedi prestige classes for non-Jedi characters. That's actually an idea I've toyed with before - to make keeping some of your party members as non-Jedi a viable option by letting them multiclass into something else.

Anyway, it's possible to add something. But keep in mind that - to my knowledge - after 14 years, there hasn't been a single mod that adds a new character class. There aren't a lot of people who have thought about it and could tell you what to do. I did look into it but my memory is a little fuzzy. I believe you're stuck with copying part of the level system from an existing class, but I don't entirely remember which. My impression is that you can't really change that much at all - it would be a new class in name only. That's why I stopped looking into it.

So basically without creating KotOR 3 in the process by rewriting the very core code it will only exist on paper.

Well, thanks anyway. At least I tried.

So basically without creating KotOR 3 in the process by rewriting the very core code it will only exist on paper.

Well, thanks anyway. At least I tried.

Hey, you never know until you ask. I didn't know that some things like feats were also hardcoded until I asked around on the forums here too.