Canderis

RevanEditor: KotorTool for 2020

Are you currently developing the option for modders to modify/export module files like utcs and gits for example?

Of course!

Finals have slowed me down some but more should come pretty soon.

Less exciting update but I assure you interesting stuff is coming soon.

I want some feedback on an icon I designed for the program. Please be critical. I'm just learning how to do this stuff and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Revan 2.png

I'll just throw a concept out there, Canderis.  The program is called RevanEditor . . . so what if half of the mask was a wire-frame of the mask?

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

I'll just throw a concept out there, Canderis.  The program is called RevanEditor . . . so what if half of the mask was a wire-frame of the mask?

I really like that idea. I'll see what i can come up with!

• Like 1

I really like that idea as well. And I also like your stylized Revan mask icon. I'd just make the mask slightly bigger. Currently there seems to be a lot of dead space and I imagine that it'd be hard to recognize the mask when the icon is smaller.

Here's two new versions.

I don't quite like how my attempt at  a "wireframe" version turned out. I'll have to redraw it to try that.

Revan 2 Wire.png

Revan 2.png

• Like 1

Mazbe just fade in the wireframe from the left and fade out the original graphic to the right so that it turns from solid into wireframe.

The Skyrim VR logo does that nicely.

81kkxDLhbSL._SX342_.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning 2019!

I begun a rewrite of this a month or so ago because the code was quite bad. (For those fellow coders here, I switched from Vue JS to angular and most importantly rewrote it to use TypeScript to have much stronger file definitions).

The program is currently in a state where I can browse both Erfs and Bifs and extract them. I won't be releasing any screenshots right now because the UI is very rough as I had intended to get all the file parsing/extraction code working before I spent long on the UI.

I'm posting this update to let y'all know I'm alive, this is still being worked on, and I'd like some help: anyone who has different versions of Kotor/TSL like international releases, steam/gog releases/the old discs/etc and a working copy of KotorTool, I'd like to enlist your help with testing this to make sure that cross-compatibility is ensured. If you're willing to help, post here and I'll PM you for more details.

Near term roadmap:

1. All file extractions implemented

2. TPC -> TGA conversion and Preview

3. A functional and pretty UI for browsing and extraction

Once I've checked those off the list, I'll release a public version and move on to Editors.

Anyways, feel free to follow my progress on GitHub.

I might be interested in helping you out. I've installed the game through Steam on Linux using Proton.

Edited by gnutix

On 12/6/2019 at 11:30 AM, gnutix said:

I might be interested in helping you out. I've installed the game through Steam on Linux using Proton.

Sent you an email 😁

Update here, I've implemented tpc -> tga conversion now. For the public beta now I just need to clean up the UI some and add RIM extractions, which is just a modified version of the ERF format.

Edit: Since I know y'all like pictures:

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 5.49.13 PM.png

Edited by Canderis

This is how I currently have the TXI information (when it exists)

I can certainly have it save the file as well.

I'd been ignoring most of the UX design while getting the functionality built in but before I release it I plan to do a few design passes over it.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 5.28.40 PM.png

• Like 3

Rim support has been added and I've been working hard on overhauling the UI.

I think I will hold off on releasing a beta until I get a 2da and GFF editor added in. Getting close to that though!

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 7.53.17 PM.png

• Like 5
  • Light Side Points 1