Sith Holocron

TSLRCM 1.8.6 - A "what if" thread

@Sith Holocron: You know... I was going to do that mod. :) Then I saw a new mod released called "Train the Handmaiden", so I had assumed it did the Force Power training... Oops.

• Like 1

what's the full file name for those VOs? 

Do you know if Disciple has any lines in regards to training?

Handmaiden's global VOs, the numbers I mentioned.

Yes. Listen through his VOs and you'll find them. Then search the dialog.tlk for the strings.

Feel free to keep the suggestions coming, it's pretty interesting. I kinda doubt there will be an update though (HH feel free to correct me on that one).

I got like... 4 files. Hardly enough to warrant a new version.

Might be some more stuff I got PMed I forgot over time though...

But seeing how people just want to stuff more mods in...

Is The TSL NPC Overhaul an option? It fixes the infamous cloning bug and it's a pain to have to install it every time I clean out the mod files. So it would be quite convenient to have it in this mod. But hey, I'm just a swine who's too lazy to make an original profile pic so what do I know :P

Is The TSL NPC Overhaul an option? It fixes the infamous cloning bug and it's a pain to have to install it every time I clean out the mod files. So it would be quite convenient to have it in this mod. But hey, I'm just a swine who's too lazy to make an original profile pic so what do I know :P

I'd say not that one as it has too many things that aren't either fixes and/or restorations - but thanks for participating!

Seeing as HH already asked JCarter426 do a cut-scene for him, I'd love to see JCarter restore the Train the Handmaiden cut-scene using the methods discussed in this thread

What do you mean by cutscene?

If someone did restore the Trainable Handmaiden and Disciple features with the cut dialogue wouldn't it be best to make them like the other party member training sequences (Player: I'm going to teach you this. Party: Ok {Fade to Black} Party: Got it, I'll put this to use)?

Peragus Sith Troops to Sith Assassins- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/195-peragus-sith-troops-to-sith-assassins/

Sith Assassin's where trained in Stealth and infiltrated the Harbinger using stealth. I don't see how Sith Troopers could of infiltrated the Harbinger and then not attack the Exile until just when he/she tries to leave

TSL NPC Stat Fixes Mod- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1153-tsl-npc-stat-fixes-mod/

Fixes the party member stats and feats to best match the Star Wars Roleplaying game rules

Sorry for the long reply to this thread, but I thought I'd add my two cents real quick.

Were there not any notes in the game files to change the Sith troopers to Sith Assassins on Peragus? Out of curiosity, is following dev notes the usual criteria for restoring stuff in TSLRCM? 

N-DReW got pretty much everything I can think of, but personally, I'm a huge fan or the Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack by Pavijan357, or at least a few components of it: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/296-unofficial-tslrcm-tweak-pack/

While the Kaevee side quest is interesting, I think it screws with the lore, and it seems rather obvious to me that Jorran being the thief was intentionally written to replace that content. So without this, RCM is pretty much removing completed content and replacing it with incomplete content that was deliberately removed in favour of the vanilla quest

The Atris dialogue that was restored is, again, interesting, but it seems to me to be a remnant from an earlier story idea that was deliberately cut out. It really just doesn't belong

As for Saedhe's head - I do think the old black man head fits his voice more, but it'd be a shame to lose the unique head. Perhaps that unique head could be placed elsewhere since there are still a good amount of clones in the game?

Yeah, you can tell the stolen moisture vaporator quest  was written with both Suurlu and Jorran in mind. If you watch this vanilla K2 video below, you can tell with the dialogue tree at the 7 minute mark. 

Wasn't the main reason Kaevee was added in was because there were development/placement notes for her in the game files? I know there was no recorded dialogue for her. 

And yeah it would be nice to see Sadhe's original head restored to match his voice. I'm sure there is another place to use his original head. 

Why would I care for some PNP rules.

What do you mean by PNP rules? If anything, I think it would be cool to see some of the NPCs be edited, like have GOTO have the Stealth cross feat  to match his own description of being able to cloak and see Visas have proper stats for her level so she's not so fragile at the start.

Imo,Train the Handmaiden deserves to be added to TSLRCM because it doesn't really feel right that Exile can't teach her any lightsaber forms unlike other party members.

Being able to teach her the lightsaber forms helps her to have an easier time against other handmaidens at least.(Even if teaching forms to others isn't that useful)

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/1176-train-the-handmaiden/

I think this should be added into the game. You can train everyone except Handmaiden and Disciple. This mod corrects that for Handmaiden at least.

Were there not any notes in the game files to change the Sith troopers to Sith Assassins on Peragus?

No.

Out of curiosity, is following dev notes the usual criteria for restoring stuff in TSLRCM? 

Yes.

Wasn't the main reason Kaevee was added in was because there were development/placement notes for her in the game files? I know there was no recorded dialogue for her.

Her lines were in dialog.tlk, in text only format. No voice overs or actual dialog file though.

• Like 1

One other thing I forgot to mention- anyone remember that spliced GO-TO line where he refers to Saedhe as 'the male' during the atmospheric sensor payment? This was brought up several months ago in this subforum. That fix should definitely be added to TSLRCM.

And there's a few things that got brought up by HH and a few other members in this thread.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/6069-tslrcm-dialog-overhaul/

Yeah, you can tell the stolen moisture vaporator quest  was written with both Suurlu and Jorran in mind. If you watch this vanilla K2 video below, you can tell with the dialogue tree at the 7 minute mark. 

I think the main reason for Kaevee was because Stoney personally wanted to restore it, and once it was restored it was added to some sort of Dantooine Restoration mod which consisted of Kaevee and the battle of Khoonda I believe, this Dantooine mod was assumably removed once the first version of TSLRCM was released.

I personally feel the Moisture Vaporator quest was added in the middle of development that's why it's so complete compared to other parts of the game. I'd also like to defend Kaevee by saying since she never had a voice actor having a custom voice actor is acceptable, with cut Dustil for example it wasn't acceptable as without his K1 voice actor it'd be kinda weird to have him in the restored content mod as people would nitpick his voice, despite having a less significant role in TSL compared to Kaevee. 

Kaevee kind of started it all. Stoney wanted to restore her at some point in 2008 or 09. And then I said "hey I'll script battle of Khoonda and some other Dantooine content and we'll release it as one mod".

And then we somehow restored the rest of the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

Also while there can be made an argument for Jorran for the quest due to extensive dialog, so is there a TON of dialogue over MANY NPC's for Kaevee, and the whole discussion about Jedi with Sulruu.

Sadly, it's not possible to keep them both.

Kaevee kind of started it all. Stoney wanted to restore her at some point in 2008 or 09. And then I said "hey I'll script battle of Khoonda and some other Dantooine content and we'll release it as one mod".

And then we somehow restored the rest of the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So Kaevee's what started it all???? I always thought it was the HK factory that was the catalyst for TSLRCM!!! I never knew that.

Also while there can be made an argument for Jorran for the quest due to extensive dialog, so is there a TON of dialogue over MANY NPC's for Kaevee, and the whole discussion about Jedi with Sulruu.

So TSLRCM will be sticking with Kaevee then? As for the Jedi that you hear NPCs talking about, I always kept thinking most of the dialogue was geared towards Vrook's presence. Then again, I haven't played much TSLRCM lately, so forgive me if I'm forgetting something.

We didn't even intend to restore HK Factory in the first version of a mod. We did... but that wasn't always the plan.

As overreaching as this idea is, why can't we have both options with a conversation trigger/variable that chooses whether the Kaevee or Jorran dialogue tree is activated?

I've seen such a concept done with mods for Mass Effect, and since the quest design is similar, perhaps we could implement it something along that vein?

As overreaching as this idea is, why can't we have both options with a conversation trigger/variable that chooses whether the Kaevee or Jorran dialogue tree is activated?

I've seen such a concept done with mods for Mass Effect, and since the quest design is similar, perhaps we could implement it something along that vein?

Which Mass Effect mods are you talking about?

Why refresh this thread?  Well, it seems unlikely that a 1.8.6 will happen judging from the comments from Zbyl2 but that doesn't mean the thread was a complete waste of time.  If you are the creator of any of the aforementioned mods, why not offer the inclusion of them into A Future Pilot's project described here.  (Just make sure the permission is listed in the thread rather than in a PM to A Future Pilot. That way, everyone can see it.)