rebus_x

.gui editing problem

I'm trying to increase height of savegame slot items visible at save\load screen, but their width is inherited from the parent object - the area where they belong, and the height seems to be set somewhere else. So nothing changes when I edit values in their EXTENT property.

That's the file saveload_p.gui, the area is 5th STRUCT from the bottom in CONTROLS list, and the slots are PROTOITEM inside it.

Using K-GFF.

K2_00000.jpg

Could this thing be (I hope) not hardcoded, and could this inheritance work because of some settings in the file, so one could disable it? Nothing obvious for me there, I'm afraid...

So technically I got the answer. I bumped into another ingame window like that, which is the "Status summary" window where you see messages like "new quest", "light\dark side points gained" etc. And those messages, too, seem to be stackable items of fixed height, and the window's size is defined by their quantity, regardless of the size values you set manually. And this kinda prompts to a conclusion that that is done by some code in the executable. Which is sad, as this causes a problem with bigger font (see the screen).

I tried a lot of stuff to try and get this to work, but I am accepting defeat for now. Do you know of other lists in-game that are resizable with PROTOITEM extent? None of the ones I tried did, but I did not try many.

This is far from perfect, but you can get it to a useable/readable state:

post-25787-0-16233400-1517651496_thumb.jpg

For that, I used:

PADDING = 32 on LB_GAMES,

INNEROFFSETY = 48 on PROTOITEM > HIGHLIGHT and PROTOITEM > BORDER,

ALIGNMENT = 10 on PROTOITEM > TEXT > ALIGNMENT

Do you know of other lists in-game that are resizable with PROTOITEM extent?

For now I know only one which is in quests screen. The file is journal_p.gui .

Lists in Equip and Inventory screens are just like saves.

Btw, what you achieved with saves is really not bad compared to my results.

I figured out how the ALIGNMENT works. I think that could be really helpful.

The main values are 0, 2, 4, and they are "align left", "center" and "right" respectively. Any of those increased \ decreased by some number of 8's works identically, e.g. 8, 10, 12 and -8, -6, -4. Other values work as "left".

With that, there is top \ center \ bottom alignment. 32-34-36 is "bottom", 16-18-20 is "center", 0-2-4 is "top". With top alignment, next lines of text are visible along with 1st one, if not overlapped by other items.