Sign in to follow this  
DarthWren

Retexturing Robes for custom robes(newbie)

Hello everyone!

I have just started learning how to create mods myself and I've hit a bit of a wall.

I've managed to figure out how to add custom additions and the like but when I try to  edit the robes I'm not too sure how to do it( I'm using GIMP). It looks really shoddy because I'm using the paintbrush, so if anyone can offer any advice I'd be grateful.

Sub question: I also need a little bit of help with adding custom descriptions and how to make then stick( as it keeps changing back to the default description).

Thanks for any and all help!

Check this out by Canderis > https://sites.google.com/site/canderisproductions/tutorials/uti-basics

And this by RealRece >

Also try searching the forums for information, but you've extracted the tga robe file right? And it sbould look something like "PMBI08" for males, or "PFBI08" for females.

What you'll need to do is edit one of those files, because that's the file linked to the appearance of the PC(player).

Now you'll need to save that as any number from 10-100, unless you want to just reskin a robe, then keep the name. *important number*

Now go to Kotor Tool. Bifs> Templates> Items > find jedi robe. Double click the jedi robe, explore the editor and change what you want, including description, stats, and pay attention to the texture Variation because that number has to line up with whatever *important number* you gave it prior.

Example: PMBI034 = male PC robe

jc2_jedirobe.uti with Texture Variation set to 34

Tools you'll want GIMP, Kotor Tool, and K-GFF editor.

Thank you for the help!

I was wondering if you have a link to a K-GFF editor as I can only find one that compares two files? and the other is on a german sight.

Also, what is the best way to colour edit the robes?

Idk, never needed to use the K-GFF comparison Editor.

I use the K-GFF editor all the time, though. 

Absolutely no idea, my robe reskins were sub-par at best... so I've completely abandoned skinnng.

Thanks guys!

I think I'm just gonna use the painbrush and see how it turns out as I'm not very good at this artsy stuff!

Tbf I only wanted to change the cape of the robe to white.

PFBN09 is the white Handmaiden's robe, you can use that as a reference. There's no male counterpart though.
What I would do to turn a brown cape into a white one: Select the cape parts, copy to new layer, desaturate fully (or almost fully) and if needed tweak the white/black point levels (most of the time that turns out better than simply increasing the brightness). That's the theory, I don't know how that works in Gimp exactly.

PFBN09 is the white Handmaiden's robe, you can use that as a reference. There's no male counterpart though.

No need for one. TSL master robe (body variation N) use same texture for both genders.