Dark_Ansem

Installing mods such as Anakin's head or High Level Force Powers on Steam version?

So, I've been trying to install a mod such as this

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/94-ep-3-anakin-skywalker/?st=10#commentsStart

which employs TSLPatcher,

However, installing to the main "override" folder, the one in the installation folder, doesn't work.

Is this because the steam version requires mods to be in the "workshop" folders to work?

Or should I simply give up and get the GOG version?

You have to direct TSLPatcher to the main installation folder and NOT to the Override folder. And if you use TSLRCM from the Steam workshop you need to direct TSLPatcher to TSLRCMs workshop folder instead.

You have to direct TSLPatcher to the main installation folder and NOT to the Override folder. And if you use TSLRCM from the Steam workshop you need to direct TSLPatcher to TSLRCMs workshop folder instead.

I don't direct to the override folder - but yes, I use TSLRCM from Steam workshop. I also use M4-78. Does this mean all TSLPatcher mods I have (maybe some overrides too) should be dumped in the TSLRCM override folder instead?

HOWEVER: a mod such as "sith assassins with lightsabers" which doesn't allow me to point towards a specific folder (it autodetects) works.

Directing to TSLRCM is probably a good idea but you might run into problems with M4-78EP. Ideally if you use more mods you'd only use TSLRCM from the workshop and install everything else into its folder (including M4-78EP which is currently not possible).

Autodetection mods should also not be used with TSLRCM from the workshop as they install into the original game folder. Open their changes.ini and change LookUpGameFolder to 0.

Directing to TSLRCM is probably a good idea but you might run into problems with M4-78EP. Ideally if you use more mods you'd only use TSLRCM from the workshop and install everything else into its folder (including M4-78EP which is currently not possible).

Autodetection mods should also not be used with TSLRCM from the workshop as they install into the original game folder. Open their changes.ini and change LookUpGameFolder to 0.

So right now if I download M478 from the workshop it will break compatibility with TSLRCM? What about the various texture replacements and TSLRCM add-ons, those would be fine?

So right now if I download M478 from the workshop it will break compatibility with TSLRCM? What about the various texture replacements and TSLRCM add-ons, those would be fine?

No, M478 won't break compability but pretty much any other mod that edits common files like appearance.2da could cause issues. Texture replacements are fine.

The problem is just that M478 patches some files that TSLRCM uses so you have to install your mods into the same folder that M478 is in if you want to keep these changes while installing your mods. But the M478 workshop folder doesn't contain all the files that TSLRCM edits so any edits to files that are in TSLRCM but not M478 will cause conflicts when installing mods to the M478 workshop folder.

Bottom line: Either be very, very careful or don't use M478 from the workshop with non-workshop mods.

• Like 1

Something weird happening: I have installed the mods in the TSLRCM "Workshop override" folder, but some contents have been copied by TSLpatcher also inside the "root override". Should I empty it?

No idea why that would happen. (It shouldn't). Try moving them from the root override to TSLRCMs Override and hopefully there won't be any conflicts. If there are, try to find the mod that installed them there and double check that you really installed it to the TSLRCM workshop folder. My guess would be that you missed one mod that auto-installed to the root folder. If that's the case, install it again into the TSLRCM folder.

Some files are actually duplicates of the TSLRCM override folder. I also noticed that KSE does not recognize custom items if they are not in the "root" override folder.

Some files are actually duplicates of the TSLRCM override folder.

As far as I can tell most files that come with the Steam update are for the controller support. I do see a handmaiden.dlg that's also included in TSLRCM, I think in this case (being a dlg file) the one from TSLRCM gets precedence. It can cause glitchiness with textures if there's 2 files with the same filename in 2 locations.

I also noticed that KSE does not recognize custom items if they are not in the "root" override folder.

True, it only looks there. You can copy your files to there, do your KSE thing and remove them again. Cut and paste should be ok too but you can easily lose sight of what came from where if you move a lot to the main override.

One more question: when TSLpatcher says "X.2da already found, skipping file" is it good or bad?

That depends. Usually it's good as it will then just patch the existing 2da file instead of replacing it. (This is exactly the feature why TSLPatcher is useful). If for some very weird reason the mod author decided to not use TSLPatchers patching ability, but still decided not to replace an already existing 2da file, then you'll run into trouble. But I doubt that'll ever happen.

That depends. Usually it's good as it will then just patch the existing 2da file instead of replacing it. (This is exactly the feature why TSLPatcher is useful). If for some very weird reason the mod author decided to not use TSLPatchers patching ability, but still decided not to replace an already existing 2da file, then you'll run into trouble. But I doubt that'll ever happen.

I guess I'd check whether the installer has actually patched the existing file or not?

I guess I'd check whether the installer has actually patched the existing file or not?

It's also in the installation log. Right after it says that it has skipped the file it should list all the edits it did to that 2da file.

I did notice that. But alas I already deleted them... well. I still have to do another fresh installation for the next release of the droid planet anyway...