Emperor Turnip

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationJakku

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hello fellow modders and gamers,

I have been working on a complete overhaul of the Peragus facility. Including new textures varying between 1024x and even 4k (Like the Hammerhead). Eventually I'd like to have this part of the game be interesting enough to not immediately skip over. I'm partially through the reskin now, with a screen from today uploaded with this post

Update:

http://deadlystream....peragus-update/

#2 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

Wow 4k textures. 

#3 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,104 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Eventually I'd like to have this part of the game be interesting enough to not immediately skip over. I'm partially through the reskin now, with a screen from today uploaded with this post

The graphics aren't why they're skipping this section. However, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

As subtle as a brick through a window.

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. ~ Sith Holocron Have you read my blog? You really should.

DarthParametric, on 25 Dec 2017 - 7:29 PM, said:
Please don't quote entire walls of text for no reason. It's really obnoxious. It just makes the thread difficult to navigate.

#4 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

The graphics aren't why they're skipping this section. However, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

Agreed.

I don't know what the "proper" thing to do would be on Peragus. I have toyed with a Griff cameo on Peragus, but I really didn't like messing with the mood there.

It is a moody place. Just stretched out too much, too much backtracking necessary to accomplish the level without substantive payoff.

More variety in the droids that attack would be nice, but then why are there droids that aren't miners there...

Adding another living human NPC is problematic in multiple ways.

That said, graphical updates and artistic interpretations are always welcome here! I would ask you to think about mood in this endeavor, and look at past examples like A Darker Peragus.

#5 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

I don't know what the "proper" thing to do would be on Peragus. I have toyed with a Griff cameo on Peragus, but I really didn't like messing with the mood there.

More variety in the droids that attack would be nice, but then why are there droids that aren't miners there...

Adding another living human NPC is problematic in multiple ways.

The Griff idea could work. Have him seal himself of in some part of Peragus hiding. It could work. Also. You could introduce more droids after the Harbinger docks.

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

#6 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

The Griff idea could work. Have him seal himself of in some part of Peragus hiding. It could work. Also. You could introduce more droids after the Harbinger docks.

Maybe some Sith Droids on the ship?

#7 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Maybe some Sith Droids on the ship?

maybe? Or there could be droids re-programmed by hk51

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

#8 Emperor Turnip

Emperor Turnip

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationJakku

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

If you guys have any direct suggestions to make about Pergaus, then feel free to message me. No need to bump this mostly dead/loosly related topic up the boards for it though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Peragus, Texture, HD, 4K, Update, Overhaul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users