Maniax2

Copy n Paste modded files from GoG to Steam kotor 2 version?

I wonder if I can just install TSLRCM on my steam version of the game KOTOR 2 and just pour the override plus other associated folders with TSLRCM folders that I have of my GOG version of the game plus mods and same version of TSLRCM and overwrite all! :Juggle:  Of course, putting all of it on the workshop folder where TSLRCM is installed or some files goes on the common KOTOR 2 folder of Steam?

Could it work or game will implode?

Kinda wanna see if most of it can it be simply copy n paste or some mods simply work completely different on Steam, and that Steam version would be required as a must!?

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

No.

TSLPatcher needs to patch files. Specifically the TLK, which is never in override. Plus, some mods don't install entirely to override.

For instance, a small mod I made for jonathan7 has a small dialogue file, several streamwave files for my wife's (was my girlfriend when it was recorded) lovely VO of the Sith Stalker, and modified another game folder I can't recall at the moment.

So, again, sorry but no.

@Qui-Gon Glenn: I believe the person is asking if they can copy-paste their fully-modded folders from the KotOR 2 installation on GoG into the TSLRCM workshop folder on Steam. They're asking if mods act differently (in-game) on Steam compared to GoG.

And if that's the case, the only issues you could conceivably have would be Steam verifying and re-downloading the TSLRCM files, and potentially issues with the game's audio (voices, music, sound effects, .etc) due to the formatting.

You can transplant between versions. For some mod testing I was doing, I copied the TSLRCM and M4-78 Workshop folders from the Steam release on this box, and pasted them over the top of a GOG install on an offline XP box. Worked fine. Game data is fine, I wouldn't touch the EXEs or DLLs though.