26 replies to this topic

#21 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

If you wouldn't mind checking, I would be more than happy to accommodate.

I, honestly, cannot remember myself if he was... don't play female PC often.

I checked, and as I said, in my game the disciple cannot be teached just like the handmaiden was before your mod, I can teach Atton, Visas, Bao dur and Mira but these two. 

#22 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

I checked, and as I said, in my game the disciple cannot be teached just like the handmaiden was before your mod, I can teach Atton, Visas, Bao dur and Mira but these two. 

Thanks for checking!

I would love to get to working on this sometime soon ish, hopefully before school starts back up for me. 

I'll have to rework the "training" sequence, find dialogue/splice lines, and will have to do another global.2da global number scripts.

Does it make more sense as another mod? Or should I just update Train the Handmaiden and rename it Train Both Handmaiden & Disciple?

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Grey Jedi "Shanilia" > http://deadlystream..../1044-shanilia/

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#23 Mellowtron11

Mellowtron11

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationDantooine

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Thanks, this is something that always bothered me too.
Also, please answer this:  You can teach the disciple?  I don't remember ever being able to do this.  Am I the only one that this doesn't happens for?

Wait, he can't be taught at all? Has this happened to anyone else?

If you wouldn't mind checking, I would be more than happy to accommodate.

I, honestly, cannot remember myself if he was... don't play female PC often.

Neither do I. Been playing my third playthrough of KOTOR2 and I've always played as a male exile. 

Thanks for checking!
I would love to get to working on this sometime soon ish, hopefully before school starts back up for me. 
I'll have to rework the "training" sequence, find dialogue/splice lines, and will have to do another global.2da global number scripts.

Does it make more sense as another mod? Or should I just update Train the Handmaiden and rename it Train Both Handmaiden & Disciple?

Either method could work. Is there audio that you have to edit or splice for disciple's lines?

One other question: If I used the beta version of this mod, will the new version overwrite the old mod when I install it?

#24 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Wait, he can't be taught at all? Has this happened to anyone else?

Neither do I. Been playing my third playthrough of KOTOR2 and I've always played as a male exile. 

Either method could work. Is there audio that you have to edit or splice for disciple's lines?

One other question: If I used the beta version of this mod, will the new version overwrite the old mod when I install it?

1) Apparently so, and I've confirmed by looking at the dlg file. 
2) I think I might end up releasing them separate, just so it's not confusing but that's a thought for later.
3) Yeah, this time I will probably have to splice lines, which means figuring out lip movements. *PAIN*
4) Yes, looking at the tslpatcher changes.ini, it is set to replace the files and the global.2da is set up correctly and wll just install another layer of the same booleans, but that's fine. Keep in mind that if you have Party Swap installed, you will want to install this mod first, and then re-install party swap.

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

#25 Mellowtron11

Mellowtron11

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationDantooine

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:18 AM

3) Yeah, this time I will probably have to splice lines, which means figuring out lip movements. *PAIN*

4) Yes, looking at the tslpatcher changes.ini, it is set to replace the files and the global.2da is set up correctly and wll just install another layer of the same booleans, but that's fine. Keep in mind that if you have Party Swap installed, you will want to install this mod first, and then re-install party swap. 

In terms of lip movements, I thought a lip file was just one movement repeated on a loop. 

And what type of booleans are you using in this mod/programming?

#26 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:54 AM

In terms of lip movements, I thought a lip file was just one movement repeated on a loop. 

And what type of booleans are you using in this mod/programming?

Uh no it's painful, you have to attach a lip file to the audio file or something... ugh. Not looking forward to that.

Who knows, I didn't know booleans were a thing until I started modding kotor. I mean it's a True False memory gizmoe that allows me to check if something has or has not happened. In this case, I use booleans to check if you've trained him in this form already, so you don't have all the options constantly there, making you wonder if you've missed one.

KOTOR FOR LIFE

#27 Mellowtron11

Mellowtron11

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationDantooine

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:01 AM

Uh no it's painful, you have to attach a lip file to the audio file or something... ugh. Not looking forward to that.

Are there several types of lip movements? 

Regarding the Disciple's training, you could do the fade to black thing during the training sequence like you did for this handmaiden mod.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JC2, Handmaiden, Party, Companions, Jedi, TSL, K2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users