#21 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

That would be a neat idea. It would show that choice wasn't an illusion.

#22 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

It seems like if you use the trimesh alpha in conjunction with texture transparency that this resolves the issue. At least as far as I can tell anyway. I can't see any noticeable changes when altering viewing angle/moving around the room.

Edit: I swapped out the base tank glass texture for one of the other versions that is slightly darker and uses an envmap. I think it is pretty much ready for an initial release.

One future addition that might be cool is some scripting that detects what appearance the player is using, and if they match one of the bodies in the tanks then swap that clone out for a body with a different head. I already have the installer set up to include all 12 body variants I made, even though not all of them are used, so the spares could be hidden under the floor or something.

Also the whole "their injuries are terrible" thing probably warrants some textures that reflect that.

Edit: Released - http://deadlystream....diers-on-taris/

Many thanks.

#23 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:42 AM

You could even use Yuthura if she was redeemed on Korriban.

I was thinking yesterday about how to script swaps to avoid cloning the player's head. I think it is possible for the bodies on Taris, because they aren't referenced anywhere besides the GIT. The problem with the Jedi on the Star Forge is that they are called by a large number of scripts. Seeing as scripts call by tag, not resref, I don't know of an easy way to swap unique variants out. The only way would probably be to rewrite a dozen or more scripts to handle that. That's not only well beyond my ability, there are also 3 or 4 scripts that won't decompile, so it may not even be possible regardless of who is doing it.

#24 JCarter426

JCarter426

Jedi Knight

• M478_Staff
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:33 AM

Decompiling failure may be a big problem, but putting that aside I think it should be doable. You can have files with different resrefs but the same tag, so that shouldn't matter. It would mean you would need two copies of every body, though.

For the code, you'd need subroutines that would look something like this:

void CREATE_PLC(string sTag, location lLocation) {

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, sTag, lLocation);

}

void JEDI_VICTIM_SWAP(string sTag) {

object oPLC = GetObjectByTag(sTag, 0);

location lPLC = GetLocation(oPLC);

string sSuffix = "_alt";

DestroyObject(oPLC, 0.0, 0, 0.1, 0);

DelayCommand(1.0, CREATE_PLC(sTag + sSuffix, lPLC));

}

And then in main() you would have to check each placeable for the conditions you want, then run the swap subroutine if it applies. Then when it runs it'll delete the placeable and spawn a different one in the same location. So long as you maintain a consistent naming convention it should be fine. In this case, a placeable called "placeable" would be replaced by "placeable_alt" but you could change the string to whatever, or number them.

But this could all be done through one script, most likely OnEnter. It's manageable.

#25 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

I think it would be easier just to use non-player heads. After a quick lap around the Dantooine enclave, these are the Jedi mooks I could see:

K1_Jedi_NPCs_on_Dantooine_TH.jpg

Two of them use player heads (I think both of which I already used for the tank bodies), so they are out. One is a Belaya clone (?). That leaves the chick with black hair, beardy, false Batu Rem (that guy gets around), and the terentatek Twi'lek bloke. I should be able to come up with another 4 from the other NPC heads. At least one of them should probably be another non-human.
  • Mephiles550 likes this

#26 Jenko

Jenko

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:04 AM

Would you keep them in their underwear, or put them in their Jedi robes?

#27 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:20 AM

Underwear was the plan, the same as the vanilla version. It makes the transition to the "crispy" version more apparent.

Here are the current candidates:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_02_T

I swapped out false Batu Rem for his evil dimension twin (presumably this makes him the good one, like evil Cartman). I'll recolour the female Twi'lek, maybe blue. I just prefer the solid single tone texture rather than the weird multi-colour ones.

Edit: A quick hue shift job, but something like this:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_03_T

Edit 2: I've now done two of the three required poses, so here she is in both (still awaiting crispy textures):

Edit 3: Final pose (sleepy) now done:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_04a_
  • Mephiles550 and jc2 like this

#28 Jenko

Jenko

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

Oh, to make the crispy versions more obvious! Makes sense!

#29 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

For this, I think a bunch of burn marks would makes the most sense, as the Sith are using blasters and sabers for the most part.

I was thinking maybe a couple of missing limbs here and there would be appropriate. Maybe with some sort of cap over the stumps, kind of like what Luke has in ESB:

ESB_Luke_Hand_TH.jpg
  • DeadMan likes this

#30 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

No! No more dismemberment! This is Star Wars, not reality!

#31 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

#32 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

That why I said "no more" dismemberment. "No more" meaning no additional dismemberment.

#33 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

If I may suggest something for the Starforge Jedi: Maybe use the heads of the jedi we meet on Dantooine as that's where they were taken captive and recognising them would give the scene a greater impact. You could even use Yuthura if she was redeemed on Korriban.

That would be devastating if you used recognizable Jedi characters from Dantooine.... problem is that too many of them are victims of clone face. You could maybe use Zhar or Dorak because obviously the other masters survived. Belaya? Nemo is dead. The only other unique Jedi I can think of is Deesra Luur Jada, but he survives the attack.

Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. - Proverbs 4:23

#34 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

The only other unique Jedi I can think of is Deesra Luur Jada, but he survives the attack.

Whoops, guess I better scratch him off the list then.

#35 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Zhar and Dorak survived the attack, due to KOTOR II mentioning their presence at Katarr.

#36 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

That one with Maul was easily the most brutal. Not only did he get cut in half, but his body quickly deteriorated from flesh and blood to cheap CGI. Horrifying.

Anyway, years ago I saw an image from ShemL that showed the hanging Jedi on the Star Forge wearing the stock brown Jedi robes. Maybe someone could add an alternative texture for either new underwear, clothes or robes on the model.

#37 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

https://www.youtube....h?v=qOf3smVaAXg

I think the bigger issue is the lack of dismemberment in any of the Kotor games. (except for the arm holding datapad placeable or Malak's jaw)

It would be internally inconsistent as there should be piles of assorted limbs once you get your lightsaber for the first time. (Also when you pick up a giant sword and hack sith soldiers up in the Sith Base and/or hack Black Vulkars up if you decide to steal the prototype engine)

While I would totally support a mod that turns Rated-T Kotor into M territory, it would require revamping the entire combat animation system and adding new more "realistic" cutscenes for it to make sense.

EDIT

Not to mention that vibroblades and Gamorrean axes would not cauterize on contact and thus there would be blood in a Star Wars game.
|____________>>_______>>__/

#38 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

But don't forget that Kotor is fairly inconsistent in general when it comes to things like blood and gore. There are severed limbs seen throughout the game, corpses with exposes rib cages and flesh and piles of blood. The dead Jedi on the Star Forge are set pieces and props, just like the other previously mentioned decals. Dismemberment is still an acknowledged concept in the game, but the NPCs can't do it to one another since that's not how combat in the game works. 

#39 ADG12311990

ADG12311990

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:22 AM

Whoops, guess I better scratch him off the list then.

Or maybe change his head to one of the other twi-lek heads? Maybe Xor's?

TcMQcmg.jpg

1 TARDIS: It is The Doctor!

2 TARDISes: UH... Dalek Surpreme...

3 TARDISes: ....

13 TARDISes: UH..... Time to go!

#40 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:33 AM

There aren't any different heads, mesh-wise. Just different texture variants. If none of the alternatives take my fancy then I'll just do a recolour the same as I did with the female.

Edit: Went with texture variant 2, which is orange.

Edit 2: Anyone want to take a crack at a crispy texture for the female body? PLC_EndPlB is the original male version. I need that effect mapped to PFBAL01. I can do the skin tone variations. I have some placeholders, but they aren't very good.

Edit 3: Starting to export the first test versions. Here's the male Twi'lek in the level mockup:

K1_Diversified_Star_Forge_Jedi_Fuel_05_T

I'm probably going to have to make some minor adjustment to the position of the sleepy pose, which is kind of annoying. Probably should have checked that earlier...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users