Roth9

Adding multiple Sith Holocrons to Atris

I saw a post about holocrons today and I wondered if there is a way to change Atris' Sith Holocrons so they each use a different texture.  It's just that Atris collected all of these Holocrons from different places, so it would make sense if they looked different.

So, is there a way to do this?

I finally managed this. But I still need extra textures, there is 36 holocrons and I reached the limit of my imagination after creating 15 new textures. So can someone donate a texture or two?

I finished this one, I still wait for someone to donate one or two textures, this way it could be 36 different holocrons instead of 18. I also forgot that there was a Sith holocron at the Sith academy in Korriban, but I got a cool model and texture. I will upload some images as last resource to see if someone is interested.

post-33202-0-54925700-1515764955_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-70422800-1515764964_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-68569800-1515764975_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-06815000-1515764983_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-02351900-1515764991_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-13955300-1515764997_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-02398900-1515765003_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-86215200-1515765011_thumb.jpg

post-33202-0-82988900-1515765020_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Would it be possible to release a mod with just the 18 for now? I love the idea behind this mod as it also struck me as odd that the holocrons were exactly the same even though Atris collected them from across the galaxy.

• Like 2

Why not have a few of of them animate, and have the rest of them stay constantly lit?  That will give you more variety.

• Like 1

Someone just answer this:

If I took an image from internet like this one and make into a texture for a holocron in the game, is this allowed?

If I took an image from internet like this one and make into a texture for a holocron in the game, is this allowed?

Have you asked the Etsy seller for permission to do so?   (Otherwise, how else would you credit them?)

Have you asked the Etsy seller for permission to do so?   (Otherwise, how else would you credit them?)

I will understand this as a no then.

But that was a shame, I was finally able to finish all the 36 holocrons, it added diversity since the ones I made were different only in color from each other.

Well, I guess this is really over.

But that was a shame, I was finally able to finish all the 36 holocrons, it added diversity since the ones I made were different only in color from each other.

Release what you have as a modders recourse so other people can finish this mod for you, or at the very least play with the -35 holocrons you have so far.

Roth9: You never did answer my original question so I'll rephrase it instead.  Why don't you ask the Etsy seller for permission?  

If no permission was granted, an alternate thing you could do is to purchase a holocron prop and take a picture of it yourself.

Update 18MAR18: I have asked the seller for you for permissions.  (If and) when I hear back from the seller, I'll let you know what they say.  (Keep your fingers crossed!)

While we wait for the answer to come back - see last post - I thought of another possible idea.

Make an account at Deviant Art and post both your new holocrons and that you're looking for more holocron designs. Might give you a wealth of new options from really creative folks!

PS: You should really follow your topic so you can see thread updates as they come in.  ;)

I'll try to make as many as I can. Do you still have any reference files for the holocrons?

• Like 1

I'll try to make as many as I can. Do you still have any reference files for the holocrons?

I already uploaded here a base holocron. Just look at the fifth post and you will see.

I already uploaded here a base holocron. Just look at the fifth post and you will see.

Your download doesn't work anymore.  Luckily,  I grabbed it when you first posted it.  If anyone wants to help Roth9, this should help you.

(I find it amusing that - in a sense - I'm working against my own interests here by promoting a different holocron mod, but in all actuality the more the merrier.)

base_holocron.rar

(I find it amusing that - in a sense - I'm working against my own interests here by promoting a different holocron mod, but in all actuality the more the merrier.)

Oh, you have no idea of the irony.

Actually this idea originally came from Seph6, someone that you banished some time ago. He wanted to make this mod out of spite against you, if you see my images, you will see the final version of the korriban academy holocron that got his banishiment.

But he eventually gave up and I asked if I could have his incomplete mod, and since I couldnt complete it in my own I asked help here.

Oh, you have no idea of the irony.

Actually this idea originally came from Seph6, someone that you banished some time ago. He wanted to make this mod out of spite against you, if you see my images, you will see the final version of the korriban academy holocron that got his banishiment.

But he eventually gave up and I asked if I could have his incomplete mod, and since I couldnt complete it in my own I asked help here.

Seph6 actually stole Sith Holocron's Holocron mod and used it in his own mod and the end result was terrible.

Please don't do the same mistake. It'd be a massive waste and a tease if you suffered the same fate as that guy as your mod seems very promising

Seph6 actually stole Sith Holocron's Holocron mod and used it in his own mod and the end result was terrible.

I've seen the template and am unconcerned - as Seph6 is a untalented hack.  Roth9 can use it if it helps. N-DReW25, thanks for looking out for me though!

Please don't do the same mistake. It'd be a massive waste and a tease if you suffered the same fate as that guy as your mod seems very promising

What! I just mention someone and you say that I am going to do the same? It seems that what Seph6 said was true after all. I think I know were this will end, I will end banished too. So, before that happens, I am officially abandoning this.

Please lets just pretend this never happened. Moderator please lock this topic.

What! I just mention someone and you say that I am going to do the same? It seems that what Seph6 said was true after all. I think I know were this will end, I will end banished too. So, before that happens, I am officially abandoning this.

post-23972-0-25866100-1521541420_thumb.jpg

I simply told you not to do the same mistake as Seph6 because I think your mod is good, I didn't intend to mean you were going to do the mistake Seph6 did (He stole someone's mod and put it in his own, as long as you don't do that no one is going to ban you)

Can you at the very least publish what you got as a modders resource so someone like 90SK can finish it off?

She gave permission to use the holocrons.  Did you even ask?

wkUgwDG.png

This is my last post in this thread.

I am going to echo everyone else, no one was going to ban you or anything. We just frown upon people stealing other peoples content and passing it off as their own. It sounds like you aren't doing that, submit your work or don't that is up to you.

I was just curious if people know who exactly contributed to the mod. Roth9 gave me permission to continue and release the mod. Was Sith Holocron's mod used to make Seph6's holocron?

post-8934-0-53533800-1521688200_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-74592300-1521688207_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-27106700-1521688216_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-43264800-1521688223_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-89144600-1521688276_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-77388700-1521688305_thumb.jpg