24 replies to this topic

#1 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

I saw a post about holocrons today and I wondered if there is a way to change Atris' Sith Holocrons so they each use a different texture.  It's just that Atris collected all of these Holocrons from different places, so it would make sense if they looked different.

So, is there a way to do this?

#2 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

I finally managed this. But I still need extra textures, there is 36 holocrons and I reached the limit of my imagination after creating 15 new textures. So can someone donate a texture or two?

#3 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

I finished this one, I still wait for someone to donate one or two textures, this way it could be 36 different holocrons instead of 18. I also forgot that there was a Sith holocron at the Sith academy in Korriban, but I got a cool model and texture. I will upload some images as last resource to see if someone is interested.

Attached Files

• Attached File  kh.jpg   113.95KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  h1.jpg   136.93KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  h2.jpg   111.92KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  h3.jpg   157.87KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  h4.jpg   157.69KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  h5.jpg   184.6KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  h6.jpg   147.01KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  h7.jpg   104.33KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  h8.jpg   152.56KB   0 downloads

#4 Emperor Turnip

Emperor Turnip

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationJakku

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Send me the base file, and I'll make you a bunch later today. I can take a few min off my Kotor 1 monsters update

#5 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Send me the base file, and ill make you a bunch later today. I can take a few min off my Kotor 1 monsters update

I used this one as base to mostly

Attached Files

#6 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

I am giving up on this since I don't have enough textures.

#7 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:29 AM

Would it be possible to release a mod with just the 18 for now? I love the idea behind this mod as it also struck me as odd that the holocrons were exactly the same even though Atris collected them from across the galaxy.
|____________>>_______>>__/

#8 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

Why not have a few of of them animate, and have the rest of them stay constantly lit?  That will give you more variety.

My Current Project: Remaking the KotOR2 Loading ScreensThe initial post consistently updated to provide the most current information.

#9 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:22 AM

Someone just answer this:

If I took an image from internet like this one and make into a texture for a holocron in the game, is this allowed?

#10 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

If I took an image from internet like this one and make into a texture for a holocron in the game, is this allowed?

Have you asked the Etsy seller for permission to do so?   (Otherwise, how else would you credit them?)

My Current Project: Remaking the KotOR2 Loading ScreensThe initial post consistently updated to provide the most current information.

#11 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

Have you asked the Etsy seller for permission to do so?   (Otherwise, how else would you credit them?)

I will understand this as a no then.

But that was a shame, I was finally able to finish all the 36 holocrons, it added diversity since the ones I made were different only in color from each other.

Well, I guess this is really over.

#12 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

I will understand this as a no then.

But that was a shame, I was finally able to finish all the 36 holocrons, it added diversity since the ones I made were different only in color from each other.

Well, I guess this is really over.

Release what you have as a modders recourse so other people can finish this mod for you, or at the very least play with the -35 holocrons you have so far.

#13 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

Roth9: You never did answer my original question so I'll rephrase it instead.  Why don't you ask the Etsy seller for permission?  

If no permission was granted, an alternate thing you could do is to purchase a holocron prop and take a picture of it yourself.

Update 18MAR18: I have asked the seller for you for permissions.  (If and) when I hear back from the seller, I'll let you know what they say.  (Keep your fingers crossed!)

#14 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

While we wait for the answer to come back - see last post - I thought of another possible idea.

Make an account at Deviant Art and post both your new holocrons and that you're looking for more holocron designs. Might give you a wealth of new options from really creative folks!

PS: You should really follow your topic so you can see thread updates as they come in.  ;)

#15 90SK

90SK

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

I'll try to make as many as I can. Do you still have any reference files for the holocrons?

#16 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:34 AM

I'll try to make as many as I can. Do you still have any reference files for the holocrons?

I already uploaded here a base holocron. Just look at the fifth post and you will see.

#17 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:19 AM

I already uploaded here a base holocron. Just look at the fifth post and you will see.

Your download doesn't work anymore.  Luckily,  I grabbed it when you first posted it.  If anyone wants to help Roth9, this should help you.

(I find it amusing that - in a sense - I'm working against my own interests here by promoting a different holocron mod, but in all actuality the more the merrier.)

Attached Files

#18 Roth9

Roth9

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

(I find it amusing that - in a sense - I'm working against my own interests here by promoting a different holocron mod, but in all actuality the more the merrier.)

Oh, you have no idea of the irony.

Actually this idea originally came from Seph6, someone that you banished some time ago. He wanted to make this mod out of spite against you, if you see my images, you will see the final version of the korriban academy holocron that got his banishiment.

But he eventually gave up and I asked if I could have his incomplete mod, and since I couldnt complete it in my own I asked help here.

#19 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

Oh, you have no idea of the irony.

Actually this idea originally came from Seph6, someone that you banished some time ago. He wanted to make this mod out of spite against you, if you see my images, you will see the final version of the korriban academy holocron that got his banishiment.

But he eventually gave up and I asked if I could have his incomplete mod, and since I couldnt complete it in my own I asked help here.

Seph6 actually stole Sith Holocron's Holocron mod and used it in his own mod and the end result was terrible.

Please don't do the same mistake. It'd be a massive waste and a tease if you suffered the same fate as that guy as your mod seems very promising

#20 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:39 AM

Seph6 actually stole Sith Holocron's Holocron mod and used it in his own mod and the end result was terrible.

I've seen the template and am unconcerned - as Seph6 is a untalented hack.  Roth9 can use it if it helps. N-DReW25, thanks for looking out for me though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users