Sign in to follow this  
Guest UncleJemima102

Oondar / Trade War Fix?

Guest UncleJemima102

I did some digging but I wasn't able to find any mention of this in the list of changes for the current version of the mod.

One of the bugs present in the original version of KOTOR 2 was the rather sudden case of amnesia experienced by Oondar on Nar Shaddaa with respect to the Trade War mission.  If you exit the initial dialogue with Oondar before following the correct options to initiate Trade War, he will no longer offer those dialogue options and you are effectively locked out of the mission for the remainder of the game.

This problem remains in the latest version of TSLRCM, and while it obviously doesn't qualify as a "game-breaking" issue, it does seem like a fairly simple fix.  As such, I'm wondering if this was just an oversight or if it was omitted for a specific reason.

That said, it does appear that some minor changes have been made which further complicate interactions with this vendor.  I wasn't able to find any explicit reference to it in the available patch notes, but once Trade War has been activated, it is now no longer possible to view Oondar's base inventory until the mission is fully completed in his favor.  It also looks like his potential stock (along with a few other vendors in the game) has been expanded to include some more valuable items such as end-game jedi robes.

For the purposes of my current game, this presents 3 somewhat lackluster options:

A -  Take a gander at Oondar's stock immediately and forfeit access to Trade War altogether.  Missing out on the xp, LSP/DSP, and additional items for purchase clearly makes this path the weak link.

B -  Accept the mission, get rid of Geeda, and get access to Oondar's special stock.  I haven't experimented much with this, so it's not clear how drastically this differs from Oondar's base stock, but losing access to Geeda's upgraded shop is a rough hit to take.  Moreover, this would make re-rolling his inventory a much more time consuming process.

C -  Accept the mission, side with Geeda, and get access to her expanded stock.  This was the obvious choice in vanilla KOTOR 2 since her upgraded shop contains some useful items such as the HK-47 upgrade and some rare crystals.  However, without the ability to make any purchases from Oondar before choosing sides, there is now a significant opportunity cost.

Perhaps creating a more difficult choice was part of the intent here.  I can certainly respect that, although there's still a pretty evident logistical gap in the idea that Oondar would simply forget about his beef with Geeda after the first player interaction.  In any case, sorting out these options leads to my other main question.  Is Geeda's expanded inventory still static?

I suppose this wouldn't be that hard to test, but I was hoping for a quick confirmation from the devs as long as we're on the subject.