Sign in to follow this  
Roth9

TSL - Merchant sell created item

I need help with something. I created an item to the game and want it to be sold by a merchant in Telos, but I cant add the item in the .utm file. What can I do?

Just to start you have the modded/added item inside the override folder right?

You'll want to find whatever .utm file in Telos by going into the KT and extracting it. You've probably already done so. So I'll skip how to do that.

Now you'll want to use the K-GFF editor (found here in modding tools) to open the .utm file and scroll down to ItemList.

Copy and paste an existing struct into the ItemList, then modify that by putting in your custom item's ResRef into Inventory ResRef.

Make sure you rename the _PosX to whatever it should be, I.e. if the item is the 54th on the list, it should be labeled as such. You don't want two _PosX as 54th. 

As always click on something else before saving, when using the K-GFF editor. 

You might find this tutorial by RealRece to be helpful > 

> starting at 15 minutes explains exactly what you want to do.

Just to start you have the modded/added item inside the override folder right?

You'll want to find whatever .utm file in Telos by going into the KT and extracting it. You've probably already done so. So I'll skip how to do that.

Now you'll want to use the K-GFF editor (found here in modding tools) to open the .utm file and scroll down to ItemList.

Copy and paste an existing struct into the ItemList, then modify that by putting in your custom item's ResRef into Inventory ResRef.

Make sure you rename the _PosX to whatever it should be, I.e. if the item is the 54th on the list, it should be labeled as such. You don't want two _PosX as 54th. 

As always click on something else before saving, when using the K-GFF editor. 

You might find this tutorial by RealRece to be helpful > 

> starting at 15 minutes explains exactly what you want to do.

Thanks. I managed to do what I wanted.

• Like 1