I know what you mean. It took me a long time to fully erase my hard drive, re-install the operating system, and get the updates back in place. Therefore I lost most of my weekend as well so I know how you feel. Good luck in getting everything back on track.

I tried the mod again and here is what I got. When I installed it the first time with the files you set it worked just fine. But then when I modified the script in order to change which items my character gets, then reinstalled the mod, the new items would only appear in my inventory. When I tried to use a workbench to upgrade my lightsabers, the new item is not available. I am wondering if you somehow hardwired the script.

The item I created, g1_w_sbrcrstl22, is the Heart Of The Guardian 2. It is an item not normally available in the game. I used the .uti for the Heart Of The Guardian item and then edited it with KOTOR Tool to give me the benefits I want. It is basically a simply mod in itself that I made. I hope this is not what is disrupting the script.

Please be aware I will be editing the g1_w_sbrcrstl22 file later as I want to play around with it a little and make sure that I have everything just right. I ask you to please check the script files so I can edit which items my character receives as well as providing un-compiled scripts for all 3 Jedi Class for me. That way I can change them as I want and then compile them for the game. We can worry about Zaalbar once Weston is working right. I have attached the files to this post so you know what to work with. Thank you in advance.

Mod Files.zip

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I will do something tomorrow. Not sure what, but I will mod, and I will start with this.

Sorry for the incommunicado

I see that you have not got back to me in almost a month so I decided to get back to you. I hope that you greatly enjoyed your Christmas holidays. I was wondering if we could get this mod finished? You can find the details I need help with in my post most recent post above. Thank you in advance.

FYI, if you add a crystal to the game you'll need to edit the crystals.2da file otherwise the game won't recognize it as a "component" for upgrading items (lightsabers in this case). 

Basically, you added an item to the game without letting the game know what the item does.

Scripting has nothing to do with this problem. 

I don't know much about crystals.2da files but if you looked at several lightsaber/crystal mods I'm sure you could learn how they did it by studying/reverse engineering it.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

FYI, if you add a crystal to the game you'll need to edit the crystals.2da file otherwise the game won't recognize it as a "component" for upgrading items (lightsabers in this case).

Basically, you added an item to the game without letting the game know what the item does.

Scripting has nothing to do with this problem.

I don't know much about crystals.2da files but if you looked at several lightsaber/crystal mods I'm sure you could learn how they did it by studying/reverse engineering it.

Speaking to ALPHA, I was hoping that you would start reverse engineering some coding as well, perhaps take a stab at making some progress on your own. I am much better suited to helping you fix things that don't work than creating your mod, sorry just too busy.

That said, I will download your latest files and look at everything, and see about what needs altering on my end.

For this mod to really work, there will need to be significant changes to the Jedi training portion of Dantooine, which is a significant undertaking depending on your approach.

Good to hear from you again and thank you for getting back to me. I understand if you have been busy and have had trouble getting back to me right away. There are no hard feelings. Please take all the time you need to get your personal affairs and projects in order. I will admit though I greatly look forward to hearing from you.

Yes, I took a look at the crystals.2da file and tried to add it the new crystals but I still need help to get the mod to work. It kept coming up saying I had a bad StrRef for the template. I can add the new crystal in but cannot get it to appear in the game. I have already tried posting a direct thread to ask for help but have not received any responses which is why I am asking you.

I will especially need help here because I want to shown how to add new crystals as I want to create and add multiple versions of the Blue Color Crystal, a different one for each member of my team, with extra features included so I can get all the benefits of the enhancement crystals I want while keeping the color of the lightsaber blade Blue.

I am not sure if changing everything for Dantoonie is necessary as I have seen mods where the Playable Character becomes a Jedi early and there is still no changes to what happens on Dantonnie. I know because I have used one before. I have attached it to this message so you can see it for yourself. Perhaps it will help you. I am hoping that once we get it resolved it will just as easy to make the changes for the mod for Zaalbar as well. I really want to just dive into the game.

I took another look at my script files and made a few adjustments. I have attached the updated script files and crystals.2da file to this message in case you need them. Can you get everything to work now? Also I would like to know something. Can you use the script files to give yourself extra force points? If so how do I do it please? Thank you in advance.

larrim_jedi_trainer_mod.zip

Mod Files.zip

First of all I would like to thank you for responding to me. Hopefully we can get this taken care of in the near future. Once it is taken care of that will be all I need and I should not have to send you further messages and/or posts for the near future. For me I want to get this done so I can enjoy my game. This is the last point that I need help with and I want to get it done so we can both be happy.

Also as for writing more script I did not mean that. I was simply trying to ask is it even possible to edit the script files to give your character more Force Points. I have done some more research online and it does not seem so. It appears that I can get more Force Points per level only by editing the Charisma and Wisdom Attributes and not by editing the script files. Therefore that is what I will do when I play the game. So now that point has been taken care of and I thank you for it.

In response to what you said about forging ahead you said to place any problem I have in my thread so that is what I am doing. I wanted to tell you that I already have. I have been able get the crystals to appear in the game but there are still some problems. When I use the Save Game Editor to give myself the crystals I tell it to give me a total of 5.

However when I open a workbench to try and open them it shows a list 2 separate lists of 5 crystals. When I try to select either of them it causes the game to crash. Furthermore it says that there is no description for the crystals when I put one in. The crystal file clearly shows this.

I have followed examples done by other people who have added new crystals to the game exactly. I have included one such mod along with my files so you can see what I mean. I hope you can tell where the problem is. I ask for help in solving this because I have already tried 3 separate ways 3 times without success. Thank you in advance.

Lightsaber Crystals.zip