30 replies to this topic

#21 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

I have installed the files but the mod will not respond. This is where I have run into problems with mods in the past. I believe I take of the scripts when it comes to dialogue but if the character will not even spawn it does not mean anything. I have attached all the files that I have got. Can you please take a look at the files and see where the problem is? Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

#22 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

I will attach an old dialog file of mine that uses some similar scripts, so that you can see where I placed them.

I will also edit your .utc's to reference the On_Spawn and On_Perception events.

I told you that you couldn't spawn Zaalbar's trainer yet, since I need to inject our script as the On_Enter for that Dantooine module. However, the Endar Spire trainer should spawn - the scripting was taken from one of my old mods, and has always worked.

I will look closer at your .utc, but hopefully someone else can join in - I am not in the business of making full mods for people, just helping them with scripting.

Edit: any save you use for testing any of this, has to be a save that has NEVER entered this module before. Make sure that is the case. For the Endar Spire testing, you will need to start a new game, any old save on the ES will block the mod from working.

#23 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:48 AM

Thank you, I look forward to hearing back from you. Also there was one thing I forgot earlier. Is there anyway they can be setup to provide me with some light side points? I ask because that happens with the mods for Carth, Canderous, and Mission. I would like to receive 4 points for the Jedi Trainer for me and 2 points for the Jedi Trainer for Zaalbar. Thank you in advance.

#24 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Thank you, I look forward to hearing back from you. Also there was one thing I forgot earlier. Is there anyway they can be setup to provide me with some light side points? I ask because that happens with the mods for Carth, Canderous, and Mission. I would like to receive 4 points for the Jedi Trainer for me and 2 points for the Jedi Trainer for Zaalbar. Thank you in advance.

As for adding lightside points, yes that is an easy addition. Let's get this thing working first, and then we can hammer out the easy add-ons :D

I am attaching the files. Everything is complete now, I have fixed some cut&paste errors I made on the perception scripts, and I found the Dantooine m14aa on_enter script, so I renamed that as well and have included it with the files.

I also have edited your .utc files to correctly use the scripts I have provided. All that needs to be done now is test your dialog - the creatures should spawn in properly.

Edit: I forgot to include my dialog file from an older mod, for you to maybe figure out what you need to do there. I still have not looked at your dialog files, but I have checked everything else. Let me know if you want my old dialog file for comparison purposes.

Attached File  Jedify Scripts.7z   12.91KB   2 downloads

Edit2: shortly I will look closer at your .utc's to make sure everything there is kosher.

Be sure to either delete the old versions of these files, or rename all of .nss & .utc to .old, so that you don't get easily confused. Renaming them may be valuable, so that you can see what I changed between my errors and how I inserted the scripts to your .utc's.

#25 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 AM

I tried to install the mod with the files you gave me, first by both placing them in the override folder and then using the TSLPatcher, without any success. But I do have a few questions that may clear the issue up. First what do you mean by testing my dialogue to make the characters spawn and how do I do that? Second you mentioned they were multiple copies of each files, an old and new from you. Can you please point them out so I can rename them? And yes, I would like your old dialogue file please. It may be helpful. Thank you in advance.

#26 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted Yesterday, 03:56 AM

Ok...

So, the new files are in the latest zip I attached. They will have the most recent date on them, so you can tell by date as well.

Essentially, you should just toss the first zip of files I sent you in the garbage.

There is no need to use the TSLPatcher yet, that will just confuse things and this is a simple override mod anyway.

If you have placed the most recent files in your override, and the trainers will not spawn, let me ask you this:

1) For your Endar Spire trainer, that should appear on the Endar Spire and be named Weston I believe, did you start a new game?

If you didn't, you will never see Weston spawn. The on_enter script is loaded immediately, and using a save after you have woken up will not work, sorry. I know, because the Sith Stalker spawns on the Endar Spire after Trask is gone.

2) Where exactly on the Endar Spire was he supposed to spawn? It is possible I have used the wrong module for spawning.

3) For Zaalbar's trainer, in the save you are using to test, have you ever visited Dantooine before? If so, that save also will not work, for the same reason as 1).

You have to have never been to these places before, for them to spawn. Otherwise, the game holds onto old memories.

#27 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 AM

I used the files from the zip you created in the #24 post so I know they are the most recent. I have attached an image which a mark of where Weston should appear on the Endar Spire and yes, I started a brand new game in order to attempt to get him to spawn. I actually deleted all saved games, fully uninstalled the game, fully shutdown and restarted the computer, then reinstalled the game, and started and brand new game. I still saw nothing for Weston. I have not even tried to get the Zaalbar trainer to spawn as I want to take care of Weston first. I hope this helps you out. Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image 1.PNG

#28 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Weird.

Ok, now I have to do some real modding.

Unfortunately, I took on some work today and tomorrow, so the soonest I will be able to dig further is Saturday afternoon.

One thing we can do is add a SendMessageToPC to the On_Enter scripts, to see if the script is actually firing. My suspicion is that the issue lies with your .utc files, which I did not get a chance to look at last night.

Did you set an appearance for these individuals?

#29 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

I understand and that is not a problem, I can wait. I look forward to hearing from you on Saturday. I hope your work turns out well. Yes, my .utc files for both characters have an appearance but it is the one that the game provides to them by default so I do not see much of a problem there. Do you? If so, I am willing to try and edit them if you think it would help. Right now the only thing I have changed is their allegiance. They were both listed as 50/50 for good vs evil by default and I made them both 100% good. Is that a problem? I hope this helps you out. Thank you in advance.

#30 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted Today, 07:09 PM

Alignment shouldn't be the issue.

If I had modding tools on my phone I could handle this right now :(

Is there a viable Android GFF editor?

#31 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted Today, 08:51 PM

Sorry not that I am aware of. I have barely heard and never used an Android before. Sorry again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NPC, Forces, Jedi, powers, Blasters, Mods, Lightsabers, Zaalbar, Endar, Spire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users