Sign in to follow this  
Mellowtron11

What's hardcoded in the game?

Basically what the title says. I know there are a few things that are hardcoded like feats, the number of people in a party, and force powers?  Are there any other things that are hardcoded and cannot be edited? I figured that posting something like this might help newcomers to modding (like me, for instance).

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Ah.... How I miss LucasForums.

Just for the archives, tutorials, and the history.

There used to be what you were looking for there.

Not all Force Powers are hardcoded, IIRC, and if the vanilla ones are several modders have introduced new powers into the mix.

Feats are hardcoded, yes.

So much forgotten, so much lost. If I had any Dom Perignon, I'd pour some out for my dead homie LF.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

You can. It will reach a page. The links inside are dead.

So, in essence, the wayback machine no longer is worth a crap on LF. I just used it the other day trying to find an old tut for roth9.

Ah.... How I miss LucasForums.

Just for the archives, tutorials, and the history.

There used to be what you were looking for there.

What year did Lucasforums go down?

Force powers themselves can be modified and added just fine. It's the Jedi classes that are hardcoded, and since you can give Force powers only to those, the usage of them is hardcoded in a way. But the powers themselves, fully customizable.

• Like 1

Force powers themselves can be modified and added just fine. It's the Jedi classes that are hardcoded, and since you can give Force powers only to those, the usage of them is hardcoded in a way. But the powers themselves, fully customizable.

When you say that the Jedi Classes are hardcoded, what are you talking about? I know there's a mod adjusting saving throws for some of the prestige classes in K2, but what else is hardcoded about the Jedi classes? Feat gain/progression for instance? 

And if I wanted to customize powers, would I do so in the spells.2da area with KOTOR tool? Say, for instance, if I wanted to switch the will saving throw of Force Lightning to a Fortitude save, would that work?

I mean that the amount of classes in classes.2da that are capable of gaining Force points can not be changed. You can't, for example, make characters that have only "Scout" class Force-sensitive; you need to make them a "Jedi Guardian", "Jedi Sentinel" or "Jedi Consular" (or the prestige classes in TSL). You can modify the existing Jedi classes, but you can't create new ones. I don't know how to say this more clearly.

I mean that the amount of classes in classes.2da that are capable of gaining Force points can not be changed. You can't, for example, make characters that have only "Scout" class Force-sensitive; you need to make them a "Jedi Guardian", "Jedi Sentinel" or "Jedi Consular" (or the prestige classes in TSL). You can modify the existing Jedi classes, but you can't create new ones. I don't know how to say this more clearly.

ah okay. That makes sense then. I was only thinking of possibly modifying the feat progression for the existing Jedi classes. I wasn't planning on making new ones.