Sign in to follow this  
Sithspecter

Crossguard Lightsaber Features

I'm currently updating my Crossguard Lightsaber mod using the new KotORMax and MDLEdit, and I was curious if there were any more features that people wanted to see from Crossguard Lightsabers? As it stands currently with my new (but unreleased) updates, the mod works the same as before where you will find crossguard emitters on various worlds and upgrade your lightsabers with them. You can still upgrade the crossguard lightsabers too.

So far, the only additional option I am adding is the ability to choose whether you want a jagged, fiery set of crossguard lighsabers or a regular, stable set utilizing the normal blade textures. This will be a drop-in options, meaning there will be two folders in the mod archive, and you pick which one to install. You can swap by dropping the other set of files in the override, but cannot change in the game.

Are there any other features or anything people would like to see from this mod? Let me know, I can't promise anything but I will listen to requests.

Will you be making a version of the Crossguard Sabers mod for TSL? I'm a big fan of the mod, and I feel that such an edition to TSL would greatly enhance the feel of the game, plus it feels fitting due to the direct connecting drawn to Malachor V in the new canon.

Perhaps some extra variations of the hilt? Could be with either textures or models, and maybe one with a gold/silver motif?

• Like 1

A version for TSL, also no direct references to Kylo Ren- that really irked me on Korriban. 

A version for TSL, also no direct references to Kylo Ren- that really irked me on Korriban.

Already removed.

TSL version may come or not. I don't like TSL at all, so I'm not very inclined to produce mods for it.

Can certain NPC'S wield the cross guards in the future update?

Have any specific NPCs you'd like to see crossguards with?

Perhaps some extra variations of the hilt? Could be with either textures or models, and maybe one with a gold/silver motif?

I may can do this, but it would likely have to be a drop-in choice where you get one or the other. It's too complicated to make a bunch of different hilts for customizable lightsabers.

TSL version may come or not. I don't like TSL at all, so I'm not very inclined to produce mods for it.

Seriously? Hard to understand why tbh.

Seriously? Hard to understand why tbh.

Mostly because when I play games I like to have fun. TSL is too much gloom and doom for me. I get that it's "deep" and whatever, but I find it to just be kind of hokey. You're welcome to message me if you want to discuss TSL further.

Have any specific NPCs you'd like to see crossguards with?

Perhaps...Jorak Uln, The Sith Master on Manaan, Darth Bandon, The Sith Master on Lehon, The lead Sith Master on the Star Forge (Dark side ending), the lead Dark Jedi in the three Dark Jedi ambushes on Tatooine and Kashyyyk. But some of them probably shouldn't actually drop their Cross Guards upon their death - just have them wield the cross-guard sabers during their battles with you.

Mostly because when I play games I like to have fun. TSL is too much gloom and doom for me. I get that it's "deep" and whatever, but I find it to just be kind of hokey. You're welcome to message me if you want to discuss TSL further.

Well, I have to agree with MotleyNerd in that this is a modification that would suit TSL more.

As for places in the game to put them, I'm struggling to think of characters that the design would fit. 

Would it make sense to restrict it so it fills both hand-slots? Seems like you'd want both hands available for it...