51 replies to this topic

#21 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,351 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

The Super Bowl trailer was meh, but this new trailer sealed the deal.

Coming from someone that actually found things I liked in TLJ, I'll charitably say that this movie seems . . . inessential. This is a soft pass for me.

My Current Project: Remaking the KotOR2 Loading ScreensThe initial post consistently updated to provide the most current information.

#22 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

It looks alright...writing this movie off completely before even watching it just because you didn't like TLJ just seems silly to me (and I didn't even rate TLJ that high), anyway...

I was already planning to not go to the cinema for it to boycot Disney, but seeing it's bad makes it all the easier.
I'm not writing the movie off till I see it (long long time from now), but as far as the trailer go, the projection is it's terrible. And I wont spend my cash on it.
Not going to fall for that one again.

#23 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

Anyone notice how the Falcon looks completely different? Never knew it had a different shape.

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#24 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 675 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

Anyone notice how the Falcon looks completely different? Never knew it had a different shape.

I went back and rewatched and saw it this time. Seems absurd to change the shape of the Falcon, especially when the shape is part of what makes it so beloved.

#25 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

It doesn't have a new shape. The only difference is that the empty part between the front mandibles is now filled out with a freight container or something. (And the radar dish is different.)

#26 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

The movie looks good, but that Han actor doesn't do it for me at all.

• jc2 likes this

#27 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 675 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

It doesn't have a new shape. The only difference is that the empty part between the front mandibles is now filled out with a freight container or something. (And the radar dish is different.)

That was my assumption as well, but it seems like a waste to do this. Was it really necessary to add that for this movie? I get the EU lore, but based on the past two Epsiodes, are they even going to be able to explain why the change took place? And will the audience be able to understand it?

Maybe this will the the new "Mighty Merchandise Millennium Falcon!"

#28 1Leonard

1Leonard

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

That was my assumption as well, but it seems like a waste to do this. Was it really necessary to add that for this movie? I get the EU lore, but based on the past two Epsiodes, are they even going to be able to explain why the change took place? And will the audience be able to understand it?

Maybe this will the the new "Mighty Merchandise Millennium Falcon!"

He'll probably drop the cargo at the first sign of Imperial Cruisers.

#29 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:23 PM

If you were holding out any hope for this... Rian Johnson just came out and said he loved it.

So yeah... it's gonna suck.

(Are they activelly sabotaging this thing or what?)

#30 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

If you were holding out any hope for this... Rian Johnson just came out and said he loved it.

I don't think just because Rian Johnson likes something that it's going to suck. However, this does seem to be one of those "argument from authority" endorsements, which of course have mixed results in the past (mostly bad though).

I have about as much hope as I did before - that it might be entertaining and I'll get my Daenerys Targaryen fix for the year

Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. - Proverbs 4:23

#31 Zhaboka

Zhaboka

Syndic

• M478_Staff
  • 451 posts
  • LocationCsilla

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:08 AM

Two thoughts:

1) They should have named in "Gone in 12 Parsecs"

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN SO COOL

I'm a TLJ-lover, but I'm in the same boat as y'all about the meh-ness of this trailer.

PsdK8eI.jpg

Lite-Brite™ Credit: Gorgod

#32 Mutilator57

Mutilator57

Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Australian Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationA Land of Sunburnt Plains

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

We by no means should be judging something before the final product is released, that's asinine. Let me say this though, I certainly don't hold much hope for this movie.

"The measure of success is not merchandise, but character" - Calvin Coolidge

"It was treachery...with a smile on its face. Perhaps that was the worst thing of all" - Margaret Thatcher

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever" - Kreia

#33 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:48 AM

I somehow got a feeling it's going to be more of a  Fast and Furious type movie and not an actual Star Wars movie.

#34 zbyl2

zbyl2

Evil Overlord

• Administrators
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:08 AM

How does that even matter though. Can you seriously imagine anyone involved with Star Wars coming out and saying "yeah Solo movie is kinda meh"? He's contractually obligated to say he liked it.

#35 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

How does that even matter though. Can you seriously imagine anyone involved with Star Wars coming out and saying "yeah Solo movie is kinda meh"? He's contractually obligated to say he liked it.

That gives me a little faith in George Lucas, perhaps he's supposed to say he likes all the new Disney movies even though he probably agree's with the rest of us on them.

#36 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

On one hand, you would think with the TLJ response someone would go out "you should probably shut up" rather than "yeah, let's have this guy PR our next movie, that's a GREAT idea."
Sounds like LucasFilm is a touch out of reality (as if JJ's response wasn't bad enough) which is very troubling indeed.

#37 zbyl2

zbyl2

Evil Overlord

• Administrators
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

I don't know where he said that. I assume somebody asked him and he had to give some answer. And obviously he's gonna be asked and talk about star wars, that's his job.

There's nothing more meaningless than people involved with a movie saying it's going to be good.

#38 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:49 AM

More Solo news... and it isn't good.
LucasFilm / Disney have been found out plagiarising the promo posters;

EDIT:
Seems the Facebook post of the artist I linked is deleted 0_o
Plenty of articles about it left on the web though, like;
http://www.indiewire...ous-1201936483/

#39 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

Pretty much admitting it by changing the posters... to THIS genious. Looks greeeeeeeeeeeeat, doesn't it?
Oh, they removed their guns from the posters cause reasons. Oh, Disney.

solo-a-star-wars-story-international-pos

I feel like singing "bravely running away" from Monthy Python's Holy Grail.

• jc2 likes this

#40 DarthVarkor

DarthVarkor

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationValley of the Sith Lords

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

The official trailer has been released:

Honestly, I'm just not hyped for this at all. Really not a fan of the guy playing Han, minus his one quip in the trailer to Chewbacca: "Yeah, well, what do you know?" he just does not feel like Han Solo to me, look-wise sure, but not getting the vibe from him. The only redeeming factor I can say so far is that Donald Glover looks SPOT ON for Lando.

"A life this long, do you understand what it is? It's a battlefield, like this one, and it's empty. Because everyone else has fallen."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users