Sign in to follow this  
Mellowtron11

How to edit and create feats?

Okay, I poked around the game files for K2 a bit and found some feats info in the .2da section. I can look at the feats in the .2da editor, but how do I go about changing what a feat does? For instance, what would I have to do if I wanted to edit the hit value of the War Veteran feat?

Similarly, how do I have make a new string of feats? How do I create one from scratch, put values and class/level restrictions in? I planned to make a line of superior dueling feats for the marauder/ weapon master.

Thanks for looking!

Okay, I poked around the game files for K2 a bit and found some feats info in the .2da section. I can look at the feats in the .2da editor, but how do I go about changing what a feat does? For instance, what would I have to do if I wanted to edit the hit value of the War Veteran feat?

Similarly, how do I have make a new string of feats? How do I create one from scratch, put values and class/level restrictions in? I planned to make a line of superior dueling feats for the marauder/ weapon master.

Thanks for looking!

Short version: Can't be done

Long version: You can pretty much only create weapon proficiency feats. Everything else is still hardcoded

Short version: Can't be done

Long version: You can pretty much only create weapon proficiency feats. Everything else is still hardcoded

Shucks, I thought that making a feat would be pretty straightforward. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know. Is there anything else in the game that's hardcoded that I should be aware of?

I believe TamerBill managed to get around this by creating dummy feats (i.e., ones that show up in the feats panel but have no actual properties/effects), and tying them to modifiers added to recurring scripts like the party heartbeat script.

• Like 2

I believe TamerBill managed to get around this by creating dummy feats (i.e., ones that show up in the feats panel but have no actual properties/effects), and tying them to modifiers added to recurring scripts like the party heartbeat script.

Is the feat set that you were talking about?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489204257