9 replies to this topic

#1 bead-v

bead-v

Evil Malachor Overlord

• Premium Member
  • 374 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:22 AM

This thread is for reporting bugs you encounter while using KOTORmax.

If you encounter a bug, then before you do anything else, try to reproduce it. If you manage to reproduce it, describe what you did that caused the bug, in steps. If there was an error message please post a screenshot, especially if some code is also displayed, that will greatly speed up the bug fixing process. If the error occurred while processing a file, please include that file in your post.

A note: Sometimes the error message will contain the line of the file at which an error occurred, but that number is not necessarily correct and the error might be elsewhere in the file. That's why it's important you include the entire file (and all the files) with your message, not just the snippet that allegedly caused the error.

#2 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 644 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

Lightsabers that go through KotORMax/MDLEdit seem to end up like this:

A9yfnJU.png

Fortunately this seems to resolve the issue I had with my crossguard lightsabers being extended all the time, just looks like a little UV mixup.

This is the unchanged default blue lightsaber, simply brought into ASCII by MDLEdit, into KotORMax, exported back out of KotORMax, and then back into binary by MDLEdit.

#3 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

I just tried a decompile of a vanilla saber, import/export into KOTORmax, recompile and get the same thing. Trying to decompile the new binary gives an error:

MDLedit_Saber_Error_01.png

Here are the files: https://www.darthpar...ed_TSL_Saber.7z

#4 bead-v

bead-v

Evil Malachor Overlord

• Premium Member
  • 374 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

It's a probem with MDLedit, the same thing happens even if you don't pass it through KOTORmax. I've got a few ideas, gonna try them ASAP. Thank you both for the screens and the files.

#5 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

The screwiness between animations still persists. You may want to add that to a "known issues" section in the download description so people are aware of it.

#6 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Well, this is interesting :)

Beyond my feeble skills to take of advantage of, but still quite interesting!

#7 bead-v

bead-v

Evil Malachor Overlord

• Premium Member
  • 374 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

The screwiness between animations still persists. You may want to add that to a "known issues" section in the download description so people are aware of it.

Heh I've since long accepted that there's nothing I can do about that. Since it's just padding anyway, I even stopped considering it to be an issue. But I can totally see how it might confuse people, so I'll definitely do what you suggested.

#8 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 644 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Heh I've since long accepted that there's nothing I can do about that. Since it's just padding anyway, I even stopped considering it to be an issue. But I can totally see how it might confuse people, so I'll definitely do what you suggested.

What's the screwiness between animations?

#9 bead-v

bead-v

Evil Malachor Overlord

• Premium Member
  • 374 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

What's the screwiness between animations?

I was looking for a video to demonstrate it but I couldn't find one. Basically when you import a model with animations 10 frames are inserted as padding between every animation. Sometimes, the model will do some (unwanted) rotation of body parts during those frames. Because those frames aren't actually included in your animations this won't have any consequences for the model in the game, you just have to learn to ignore it in max because there's nothing I can do to get rid of it.

#10 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

You'll occasionally see something like this:

KOTORMax_Rotation.gif

in the padding before the start of an animation sequence. Although it has been drastically reduced in the release version, to the point where I had to hunt around a bit to find an example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users