22 replies to this topic

#21 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:04 PM

Holy sh*t, you're spending some $3000 on a NASA build so you can play Kotor at 1000FPS? All the power to you, but you could spend probably 1/3 of what you're paying for all of that and get a build that can play all of those games at max settings with 60-120FPS and several graphical mods.

#22 djh269

djh269

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

Okay, so aftermarket cards are just all the non reference/FE cards. Palit and Zotac are two manufacturers of GPUs, so getting one of theirs would be a good thing.

Yay all my ducks are lined in a row now. Happy bunny. Such good advice on this website!!

Holy sh*t, you're spending some $3000 on a NASA build so you can play Kotor at 1000FPS? All the power to you, but you could spend probably 1/3 of what you're paying for all of that and get a build that can play all of those games at max settings with 60-120FPS and several graphical mods.

I do want to buy a Bugatti Veyron for the nice looking cup holders! 

#23 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

I didn't realize they were building for you.... That does change things, as Kex said. They will install your OS in that case, which IMO for Windows 10 is not a great thing.

You can always reinstall your OS if you aren't happy with the choices they made... Windows 10 will assume that you want Tablet/Mobile stuff on your PC, because ???. That is annoying, to me, and must be switched off during the install process or it is a lot more work changing after the install.

LOL at their response about GPU choice. They should be able to tell you exactly what you are getting, or I honestly would find a different company.

Building is pretty easy, and despite some learning curve and patience practice, you will get what you want when you build it yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users