Maphisto86

Bastila Robes Mod Problem

I installed both Svosh's Good / Evil Robe Mod and Kazeite's LD Bastila Robe Mod but discovered a problem with the former on which the latter is based on. In Svosh's mod, the red Sith robes featured are worn by Bastila when you find her at the top of the Rakatan temple in the first game. However, if you join Bastila and she joins your party, she reverts back to the default Dark Jedi robes. More disappointing is that Bastila will also revert to the black Dark Jedi robes on the Star Forge as well if you do not join her. Either way the mod does not work completely.

Why does this occur?  I had almost given up on the idea of a fix because I could not reach Svosh for assistance but I found an old playthrough video by Shem where Bastila is wearing these same robes on the Star Forge when you confront her in the light side option. So it is possible to fix the mod in question. ChAiNz.2da made a similar mod that was also released here on Deadly Stream called Bastila's Revelation Robes but the same problem exists.

I thought so too, but even on a clean Override install of these two mods, the issue persisted. Another user on Nexusmods mentioned the same problem occurring, although admittedly we could have the same mods installed. I have way too many mods initially installed so I will have to list them when I have more time. There are at least forty-four of them and it will take me some time to track down all the links. Please bare with me.

I did find a workaround by using KOTOR Tool to modify another mod. I was not thrilled with this workaround as it involved using one mod to fix another. Said workaround uses Silveredge9's Bastila Dark Side Head Reskin mod by editing the file sta_bastila001.utc with KOTOR Tool and changing her robes from the Dark Jedi ones to the modded ones. Unfortunately, it only fixes the problem on the Star Forge and not if you join her on top of the temple.

If you want Bastila to wear it on the Unknown World, then the file unk44evilbast is the one you want. You need to go in and manually edit the inventory of her clothing to give her the right clothing. The Star Forge is a little different, but I think if you use the Unknown World version you'll be fine.

Svosh's mod includes the correct clothing in that file but if you accept Bastila's offer and she joins your party, Bastila switches back to the default black robes. So something changes there in the game files that is not included in the mod when Bastila changes from a NPC to a playable character again. I do not believe unk44evilbast.utc is what needs to be modified.

The .utc for the Bastila that joins your party in the DS ending are p_bastila001 to p_bastila006 from the module unk_m44ac. Those would have to have the new robe equiped for Bastila to wear it after joining your party. However, IIRC there was a pretty substantial bug that occured when using modified versions of this file or when having these files in the Override. If you encounter any issues after altering these files, you'll have to do some digging and maybe you can find the cause of whatever that issue was.

And for her NPC appearance on the Starforge, it should be sta_bastila.utc or sta_bastila001.utc from sta_m45ac. Not quite sure which one though.

• Like 1

Thank you very much Kexikus for the information on where to find the .utc files for Bastila. I edited all six of them accordingly with g_a_clothes03 edited in and it seems to have done the job. I did not play through all of the dark side ending yet on the planet so I have to check that she does not revert back to the black Dark Jedi robes. It this works I wonder if it would be appropriate to share this fix in the form of an upload. Then again without Svosh or Kazeite's say so, I don't think I should.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Release it as a support patch. It does nothing without their mod installed, but with their mods installed will work.

I did this (with RedHawke's permission, but this was along time ago and Svosh was/is an incredibly cool person who would be pleased, IMO, to find someone making this old mod work more as intended) to make the Jawa Shop compatible with the original BoS.

Since I have a very similar problem I'm just gonna hijack this thread:

I have a mod installed that changes the model of the jedi/dark jedi robes. So logically any mod that creates a new robe will look like crap since it's texture will be based on the old model.

What I want to do is go in, tell those added robes to simply use the same textures as the default robes do and be done with it.

I figure that you have to edit some rows in a .2da file to do that, but I can't seem to find the correct one. Any help would be much appreciated.