Sign in to follow this  
trevuar25

[WIP] Integrated Graphics Mod (TSL of the Old PC)

Currently I'm working to make steam/effects models easier to run on older hardware. My hopes will be that TSL will perform better on devices using WINE as well with this mod. If you see my thread started in the general modding discussion, you can see how I started and where I've come. As of right now I've greatly reduced birthrate, random birthrate, and life expectancy values of the effects in model files using MDLedit and notepad++. This progress has only been possible because bead-v introduced me to MDLEdit. 

Models that have been finished

Main Menu

Peragus (all map files w/particle effects)

Dxun (all map files w/particle effects)

Nar Shaddaa (all map files w/particle effects)

Onderon (all map files w/particle effects)

Telos (all map files w/particle effects)

Dantooine (all map files w/particle effects)

Korriban (all map files w/particle effects)

Some PLC_ models (mostly steam vents)

PLC_ models that have other smoke and other emitters 

8xxdro planet map models

9xxmal planet map models

dor_ models that include effects

V_ models that include abilities with effects emitters

FX_ files including but not limited to... mines, grenades, and other explosions. Anything with an effects emitter attached. 

Ebon Hawk models

Models that need to be edited + More

Play test some maps to ensure framerate gains are considerable

All of the original Knights of the Old Republic? :D 

To show my progress, I've attached a couple "screenshots" with fraps running to show the dramatic frame-rate increases as a direct result of the changes I've made. My compute stick didn't like the printscreen function at 75hz apparently (which is why these are pictures). I'm hoping to release version 1 of this mod this weekend but only time will tell if it's ready. 

post-35741-0-39633000-1505304505_thumb.jpg

post-35741-0-36583400-1505304547_thumb.jpg

post-35741-0-43942800-1505304552_thumb.jpg

post-35741-0-50574200-1505304555_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm digging these changes; in all my years of playing these games, the framerate has been the one issue that has plagued me constantly. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I've submitted it to the downloads section (now called TSL of the Old PC). Does anyone know how long these things generally take to be approved?

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Not too long in my recollection.

This mod is not something I will use, as my PC is strong and I am not interested in playing on mobile.

I am obviously not your target audience. That said, I think this mod was well worth doing and that many will enjoy it!

Well done.

Not too long in my recollection.

This mod is not something I will use, as my PC is strong and I am not interested in playing on mobile.

I am obviously not your target audience. That said, I think this mod was well worth doing and that many will enjoy it!

Well done.

Thanks Qui-Gon Glenn :) I'm hoping that it will just expand the list of hardware that can run the game. After I take a short break, I'll have to pay the original kotor a visit with this same type of mod.