1 reply to this topic

#1 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

I understand that the headgear the PC wears often disappear when you speak to other characters. I want to stop this so my headgear remains fully visible everywhere after it is equipped. I understand that there is a "hide headgear" option listed in each of the dialogue files in KOTOR. I have extracted all .dlg files using KOTOR Tool. I know there are alot of them but I have no problem editing each one independently as I have plenty of time. I ask to please be shown how to TURN OFF the "hide headgear" option so it is always visible. I have included the .dlg file for first speaking to Carth on Taris for an example.

Furthermore there is still one thing missing. The dialog files will allow me to keep the headgear during conversations with characters. However I also want it to be visible in the Character Record page as shown in the attached image. I can have the headgear and my armor fully equipped but only the armor actually appears on the screen. Do you know any I can keep it visible on that screen as well? Will the dialog do both as well? Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

#2 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

Just open the .dlg file in KotOR Tool, go to the "This File (1)" tab and make sure "Unequip HItem" is unchecked. Then save the file. Keep in mind however that some filenames are shared across multiple modules for different dialog. You'll have to save those in the corresponding .mod file instead of placing them in the Override.

And I sadly have no idea whether or not it's possible to display the headgear in the Character Record page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ForcePowersLevel-Up, Jedi, Lightsabers, Blasters, Spells, Head, Mods, Dialogue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users