Sign in to follow this  
CrisG

Installer not working...any help?

I am trying to install the KoTOR Restoration mod package, i click on the exe and get the small pop up showing a list of parts, but when i select the main part or any of the other parts, nothing happens at all. 

Can i just move all of the contents into the Override folder instead?

i installed the GOG version but moved it to   Program Files (86) Lucas Arts/SWKoTOR

i have no idea if the installer was able to find it or why it  is not working..

should i have moved the installation package into the install directory?

1. i dont see any "install Mod" button

2. i was never given the chance to direct the install to my installation folder

i havent used TSL Patcher in ages so may have forgotten some simple steps.

thanks in advance for any help.

Cris

i havent used TSL in ages so may have forgotten some simple steps.

May I assume you meant KOTOR and not TSL? This is the K1R section . . .

Yes KoTOR...when i said TSL i meant the TSL Patcher. sorry.

ya, when i click on the TSL Patcher to install the Restoration pack, nothing happens after i see the small selection list ..i click on Select for the main mod package but then nothing happens. I can see TSL Patcher exe running in the Program mamager but nothing happens. no files appear in the override folder and i never get the option to select a location for my install and no button appears to Install Mod.

I used the TSL Patcher for years before.. but havent run the games in a long time...so was uncertain what was up...suspect it is my 8.1 System may try on XP system tomorrow as i really want to see the restoration pack in action.

Cris

I never heard of this issue. Usually you should get a prompt to select your installation directory at this point unless TSL Patcher is configured to auto detect that.

Maybe try and run TSL Patcher as administrator?
Also make sure that the tslpatchdata folder is in the same directory as the .exe (which it seems to be as you get the version selection in the beginning)

And make sure that the K1R installer is NOT located in any subdirectory of your KotOR installation. Everywhere else should be fine.

IIRC some people were having problems with non-English characters in the TSL Patcher file path. Making sure that those are not present wouldn't hurt either.

And some issues with TSL Patcher in K1R were related to the use of "\" or "/" in the changes.ini file. IIRC the solution was to open changes.ini in any text editor and then replace all "\" with "/" or vice versa. I don't think that's the cause of your issue but you can give it a try.

thanks for the replies i did a work around by installing the GOG version of the game on my XP SP3 system, and then used the TSL Patcher which worked flawlessly just like i remmber it used to and it patched all of the files into the Override folder and then i just moved the entire game install back to my Win 8.1 system and it started up fine. have not played it yet to see if the restored content appears but i assume it will. i will add a few more mods and then see how it goes. 

no clue why the patcher did not like my system. 

just glad GOG made it possible for the game to install on modern systems, i tried installing from my original five disks and no joy.:)

thanks to all hands

Cris  :stuff:   looking forward to the game!  has been about 10 years  since i played it thru. :)