Photo

Restoring Yuthura Ban's recruitment?

Yuthura Ban Cut Content Restoration Kotor K1 Kotor 1 Yuthura Dark Jedi Sith Recruitment

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Golbolco

Golbolco

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

Hey everybody. I'm relatively new to Deadly Stream, although not to KOTOR/TSL and modding the games in general, so I hope that this is in the correct forum.

I recently heard somewhere that Yuthura Ban has cut dialogue that would imply that she could be recruited if Juhani was dead. Presumably, this would mean that she is still a dark jedi, although I can't say for certain.

I wanted to know if anyone could fact-check this and determine A) if Yuthura was once intended to be a party member, and B) how much could be salvaged and restored. Are there voice overs? Lines from her as a companion or just in the process of recruiting her? A side-quest? Also, for future reference, how would I go about checking that myself?

Thanks!

#2 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:20 AM

I recently heard somewhere that Yuthura Ban has cut dialogue that would imply that she could be recruited if Juhani was dead.

Cite your source.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#3 TheRealDarthRevan

TheRealDarthRevan

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKorriban (or as Disney like to call it, Moraband )

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:47 AM

I believe Yuthura was cut as a party member along with Sleheyron because her side quest would include something to do with the hutts on Sleheyron because she was a slave there?

I also heard this info recently somewhere but I don't know where

Edited by TheRealDarthRevan, 24 August 2017 - 04:54 AM.

I hate sand...

#4 Mutilator57

Mutilator57

Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Australian Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationA Land of Sunburnt Plains

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

I believe Yuthura was cut as a party member along with Sleheyron because her side quest would include something to do with the hutts on Sleheyron because she was a slave there?

I also heard this info recently somewhere but I don't know where

This is interesting! In all my years of KotOR I've never heard of this before.

"The measure of success is not merchandise, but character" - Calvin Coolidge

"It was treachery...with a smile on its face. Perhaps that was the worst thing of all" - Margaret Thatcher

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever" - Kreia

#5 TheRealDarthRevan

TheRealDarthRevan

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:16 AM

There is a mod for this on Nexus Files called 'the redemption of Yuthura Ban' but it is most probably not k1r compatible and has absolutely no side quests or dialogue.

I hate sand...

#6 Golbolco

Golbolco

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:25 AM

Cite your source.

I read it in this thread: http://deadlystream....ge-1#entry43977

#7 LDR

LDR

Grossly Incandescent

• Reviewer
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

It might have been possible back when BioWare had Sleheyron still in development, but these kind of cuts happen all the time in game development. At this point there wouldn't be anything to restore to be able to truly call it a restoration.

You make a loop de loop and pull. And your shoes are looking cool.

Also you should totally subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#8 TheRealDarthRevan

TheRealDarthRevan

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

It might have been possible back when BioWare had Sleheyron still in development, but these kind of cuts happen all the time in game development. At this point there wouldn't be anything to restore to be able to truly call it a restoration.

Agreed

I hate sand...

#9 Golbolco

Golbolco

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

That's too bad. Truthfully, I didn't expect much to be left over, but there's always a chance. Maybe if Sleheyron ever does get fully restored, then someone can look into it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yuthura Ban, Cut Content, Restoration, Kotor, K1, Kotor 1, Yuthura, Dark Jedi, Sith, Recruitment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users