#41 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:34 AM

You could try 0 instead of 1. I'm not sure if that's a valid value, but worth a try. I would also suggest trying it in conjunction with those test textures I posted earlier, to see if resolution has any influence.

For our more programmatically-inclined denizens, I am wondering if a potential solution might be utilising a wrapper like GLIntercept to change GL_CLAMP calls to GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE.

#42 sELFiNDUCEDcOMA

sELFiNDUCEDcOMA

Sith'ari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationLand of Oz

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

You could try 0 instead of 1. I'm not sure if that's a valid value, but worth a try. I would also suggest trying it in conjunction with those test textures I posted earlier, to see if resolution has any influence.

For our more programmatically-inclined denizens, I am wondering if a potential solution might be utilising a wrapper like GLIntercept to change GL_CLAMP calls to GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE.

You mean an injector -- API hooking -- along the lines of ReShade?

Something I've thought about playing with to see what could actually be added to the game beyond merely injecting post process full-screen shader effects. Never got around to trying anything myself; work took over.

#43 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Same basic principle, yeah, but nothing quite as dramatic as ReShade/SweetFX/ENB. GLIntercept should already provide the framework for what I suggested as far as I understand.

#44 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

So any word on this?
One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#45 LiliArch

LiliArch

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

An alternative thing to try might be adding this to the texture's TXI:

clamp 1
Without ndix UR's lines of course.

Out of curiosity, what is this "clamp" value?
BFix0.gif
Lady Arch, the Carrier of Northern Nights, the Harbinger of Iriaz and the Dark Lord of Orth.

#46 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

My guess is that is a call to the OpenGL command GL_CLAMP that stops the texture shifting more than the specified amount of pixels. This is logical given that some of these textures are only 256x256, so there is basically zero tolerance for the texture wrapping around past the edges. That command is deprecated in newer versions of OpenGL though, so I am wondering if that is part of the problem. As I posted above, the modern alternative is GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE, which should stop texture wrapping altogether (in theory).

#47 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

I hate to necro an old thread, but I found something that may be of use to this issue. I mentioned in earlier posts about the possibility of overriding the GL_CLAMP call. I discovered that something people were recommending to fix K1's grass issues also has the ability to do this.

GLOverride - http://www.humus.nam...?page=Cool&ID=5

If anyone with the black line issue would line to test this, grab the file from the above link, extract to your K1/TSL folder, open opengl32.ini in a text editor and change
FixClamp = 0
to
FixClamp = 1
I'm unable to test it myself. The one instance where I noticed a similar problem was on an XP machine, but the GOG version crashes on XP using that DLL.

#48 hannuff

hannuff

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

I hate to necro an old thread, but I found something that may be of use to this issue. I mentioned in earlier posts about the possibility of overriding the GL_CLAMP call. I discovered that something people were recommending to fix K1's grass issues also has the ability to do this.

If anyone with the black line issue would line to test this, grab the file from the above link, extract to your K1/TSL folder, open opengl32.ini in a text editor and change

FixClamp = 0
to
FixClamp = 1
I'm unable to test it myself. The one instance where I noticed a similar problem was on an XP machine, but the GOG version crashes on XP using that DLL.

hey, just tested it and it works for kotor 1. carth as well as most retextured heads suffered from the black line. now, in the case of carth and one reskin I tested, it's gone :) Thank you for your efforts. Would be interesting to make that .dll compatible with the reshade-opengl.32.dll someday in the future.

#49 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

No effort on my part. Thank the author, Humus. I'm glad it works though. I have contacted Humus about the possibility of access to the source code, which would allow merging with Reshade, and (more importantly) potential extension to fix other KOTOR problems.

#50 hannuff

hannuff

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

No effort on my part. Thank the author, Humus. I'm glad it works though. I have contacted Humus about the possibility of access to the source code, which would allow merging with Reshade, and (more importantly) potential extension to fix other KOTOR problems.

Yes, so I did. Not sure about it's relevance, but Humu's .dll as well helped me to reduce some "jaggies" on far away skyscrapers of Taris Upper City.

I am using Nvidea Inspector to force some Multisampling (combined with "Sparse Grid" Supersampling). But some edges on far away buildings only use to disappear with pure Supersampling, which costs a lot of performance and turns many  textures blurred.

.Ini-Entry: "ForceAlphaToCoverage" to "1" helped to reduce the edges without notable performance losses or new appearing glitches (yet).

#51 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

That's also the fix for the grass issue - https://steamcommuni...73821366855313/

#52 olnorton

olnorton

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

FixClamp = 0
to
FixClamp = 1

I haven't played Kotor for a while , so I only just saw this now.

I tried it and it completely removed the line from Mission's face. :thumbup:

• jc2 likes this

#53 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:35 AM

Cool, glad to hear it worked.

I wonder how many other KOTOR graphical issues could be fixed in a similar manner.

#54 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Cool, glad to hear it worked.

I wonder how many other KOTOR graphical issues could be fixed in a similar manner.

What are these other issues? I know of the black line in the middle of the face one, but not others

Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. - Proverbs 4:23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users