26 replies to this topic

#21 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

I like this idea quite a bit. I do think that this complicates things needlessly. As well, Bao-Dur's arc centers around the Mass Shadow Generator. I think it would just feel weird to have him die anywhere else but in finishing what he started.

#22 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:50 PM

I like this idea quite a bit. I do think that this complicates things needlessly. As well, Bao-Dur's arc centers around the Mass Shadow Generator. I think it would just feel weird to have him die anywhere else but in finishing what he started.

I think dying protecting Telos is more fitting for lightside Bao-Dur, where as DS Bao-Dur should lose his humanity I think.
I've always thought that the DS Bao-Dur appearance developing Darth Maul Tattoos at random was infantile.

It would be better if either way Bao-Dur "dies" that on LS he's content with dying saving rather than destroying a world.

Whilst "Clone Wars style" if he's DS he survives to become an abomination which would be an extension of the losing the humanity that cost him his arm.

He could be a silent mini-boss for the Exile in this way on Malachor too.

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#23 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:13 AM

Something like cybernetic nightmare Starkiller.

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#24 Mellowtron11

Mellowtron11

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDantooine

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

I like this idea a lot and maybe it can work out. In my mind, I always envisioned Bao-Dur having a last stand moment trying to help HK-47 get into the factory. During the battle of Telos, Grenn says that he saw Bao-Dur disembark with you and Atton adds that HK-47 is also missing. Then those two take a shuttle and fly down to Telo's surface. Basically, Bao-Dur would hold off wave after wave of HK-50s or security droids after getting HK-47 inside the factory and eventually he would get killed. By having this sort of action sequence, that cuts down on some of the dialogue needed, right?

#25 Mellowtron11

Mellowtron11

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDantooine

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:13 AM

Continuing  from my previous post, maybe have the player switch over to solo Bao-Dur to have him fight off waves of enemies until he gets overwhelmed and dies. Maybe something similar to the Object Rho's Fight for your Life sequence from Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC where the enemies get progressively harder.

#26 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,947 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:40 AM

I've updated one of my blog entries with how one of my proposals would at least sound like.  Check it out if you're interested.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#27 dg1995

dg1995

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

I Didn't read the possibilities(I don't want to spoil it). But I agree that Bao-Dur really needs a Good Closure. He Just Disappeared in Malachor V without any Explanations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users