• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 zbyl2

zbyl2

Evil Overlord

• Administrators
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

I know, I read back in 09 or so. And 77 pages isn't that special by the Codex standards ;)

#22 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

I know, I read back in 09 or so. And 77 pages isn't that special by the Codex standards ;)

TSLRCM gets mentioned in it as well.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#23 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Justicar

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 485 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

No, really? :P

#24 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

If you do find it what could you do it with it that can be considered legal?

Probably nothing.

If this was true then Darth Windu sounds like the type of guy who lives in his mom's basement even by the age of 40.

RPGCodex even made a seperate topic for it I found;
http://www.rpgcodex....n-thread.33010/

Don't tell me he actually said that...or if it's actually true.

Well, it's obviously pharaphrased since it's from a 10 year old no longer available newspost, but yes, he literally said that. And still failed to deliver.

(I do recall Windu getting a blame, and was surprised by 90SK mention here, but I wasn't sure if I remembered right so I didn't mention it)

Yeah, haven't heard about 90SK before now either, all we got was the public drama.

#25 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

Well, all I could find is;
http://forums.obsidi...posting/page-14

Tried running the link to Dashus post in the waybackmachine, but it wasn't saved.

I did find this quote of the post on RPGCodex:
https://www.rpgcodex...-64#post-888847

"The project will be finished because I personally have left too many incomplete over the course of my lifetime."

EDIT: And I kinda forgot the whole "release summer 2008" (in 2009) was prefaced with a "2 weeks!" hype... It was worse than I initially remembered.

#26 Mandalore

Mandalore

Hopeless Situation Warrior

• Moderators
  • 743 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

I've been away from here a fair while and this was a brilliant read to come back to, seeing all the drama and all those names that I already regarded as old hands of modding when I joined :P

I have work to do. I should be doing it.

Posted Image

#27 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Also those annoying ones we can't fix like the sparring gamebreaker :/

Sparring gamebreaker?

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#28 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Sparring gamebreaker?

I think the one where you spar with the Echani Handmaidens, and can physically move them off the mat.

#29 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

I think the one where you spar with the Echani Handmaidens, and can physically move them off the mat.

Yeah I do it all the time when I play a Consular, don't see how it's gamebreaking.

#30 ADG12311990

ADG12311990

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Sparring gamebreaker?

I want to think it's the one where, if you spar with the Handmaiden on the Ebon Hawk, sometimes, you can kill her, and in the party select screen, her portrait is gone, and her name is changed to "I am Broken. So very, very broken. I know I had that glitch happen to me once back in the day when I was playing on the Xbox... (Not the weirdest glitch I had happen, however.)

1 TARDIS: It is The Doctor!

2 TARDISes: UH... Dalek Surpreme...

3 TARDISes: ....

13 TARDISes: UH..... Time to go!

#31 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

If anyone still has it would they be so kind as to via PM send me a copy of the leaked TSLRP Beta for comparison video reasons?

Out of curiosity, did TSLRP even change cutscenes and such?

#32 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

They altered the intro.

And the sparring gamebreaker is how you lose access to your teammates after sparring and losing in a certain manner, making them unable to EVER talk to you again or follow you, breaking the entire game in the process since all 3 of them are pretty important.

#33 superSzym

superSzym

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

Oh, during sparring I lost my companions in the Telos Academy on unmodded TSL, but this didn't make them unable to ever talk to me.

#34 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

They altered the intro.

And the sparring gamebreaker is how you lose access to your teammates after sparring and losing in a certain manner, making them unable to EVER talk to you again or follow you, breaking the entire game in the process since all 3 of them are pretty important.

Eh, that's an easy loadback, not so bad.

The one that really irritates me is the Tomb glitch in KOTOR 1. Then you really lose companions.

#35 ChrisC26

ChrisC26

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

There's like a 77 page thread dedicated to the downfall of TSLRP on RPGCodex.net - including the Windu story.  It's not for the faint of heart but it's hysterical.

Before you ask: Yes, I said and meant 77 pages

Link?  Here is the link.

Any recommendations on what pages to skip?

I remember back in the day following the progress on the different big projects around LucasForums. 

Was so much younger then... lol

#36 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

If anyone still has it would they be so kind as to via PM send me a copy of the leaked TSLRP Beta for comparison video reasons?

I'd also like to have it as well - for archival purposes not for a video. Does anyone still have the TSLRP beta that they could send a link to me in a PM?

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#37 Stoney

Stoney

Tired old man

• Administrators
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Good reading , so much unnecessary drama. Thanks for the behind the scenes look.

We didn't need a team name , pretty sure we got called a few bad ones when we started.😂

#38 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

It was rumored the 90SK bragged about leaking it on another forum. It was brought to my attention then, I looked it up, and the accusation seemed legit.

I do not know the answer.

@Hassat Hunter, pretty sure the version you have is 1.10b, but it may be 1.11. I still have it archived, and don't feel bad at all for leaking it to you :P

Edit: pm me, anybody, and I will share the file. It will be tonight though.

Edit2: dvd archive did not contain it, now to go through about 12 old hdds... But it will be done.

#39 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I did find the old broken POS and have shared it to those who were interested.

To me, what was worthwhile in this exercise, was finding the good ol' UberArmband again. Totally should have been released as a separate tool by TupacAmaru.

Looking back, it was when TA gave up that I should have moved on.... but I was, as Molaram Sularom would have said, "a true believer".

EDIT: Had to find it, just to read my words again.... It, it is different. It has been some time.

I have been disenfranchised as a tester. I cannot update to the last build anymore, and none of the powers that be care much. I worked diligently on testing this mod for a year, and I see the waste of my time that it has been. Yes, I got to see a lot of cool stuff, some of it the very best of KotOR modding I have seen to date. But I wasn't testing the mod to play it, I really was testing the mod to help move it towards release.

Yep. I have had it. I no longer have any patience or stomach for what Dashus has decided to do with this project.

I can mod now myself, and I know that while I could not have done a project like this myself, I could have got it done with help.

Many over the years, far more skilled than myself, have made offers. I used to argue that this was unnecessary, that it would actually slow or muddle things, whatever. I took the company line for over 3 years. Now I know better.

Dashus holds this project hostage, and will never release this thing in any format better than it is in it's current state. My belief for this is that the one area to be Dashus' baby, the HK factory, still is in the same state that it came in out of the Xbox. Playable but crappy. And not changing.... because it is quite possibly beyond Dash's solo skills to fix it. This would not be an indictment of Dashus had he done anything to remedy the situation, but pride/arrogance/apathy prevented his getting help, and now here we are. IMO, Dashus has not only betrayed our community for years by being condescending by post whenever possible, but by letting this enormously popular and desired project to die on the vine, let it be made mostly irrelevant by not finishing and releasing in any state fomenting the creation of TSLRCM.

Shame on Team Gizka, and Dashus especially. Yes, dude, I am calling you out. Not that you'll ever read this, since you and your girlfriend simply have time for nothing else but machiattos and snuggling. And the fact that you simply do not visit the site, or care at all about it.

As for the forum, its moderators and my many net-buddies I have made here over the years... I am sorry that I could not keep my mouth shut any longer. I am sorry that you will have to lock or delete this or whatever, that I added another annoyance to this generally annoying forum. I know that some of you will view this as a betrayal in itself, but I want you to look a long minute at the history of this mod, and if you are still hot at me, pm me over at LF - qui_gon_glenn is the username, oddly enough. You won't see me here - I'm done with the Gizka. If the mod is ever released, I will download it and play it, for nostalgia's sake. The project itself is something I hold unnaturally dear... just the giant SW nerd inside me, I guess.

For the record, Dash, hate on me all you want, but in the real world I am your boss. I am the guy that is ten years older than you, has the position you want, and will fire you for work like this. If this project was a hobby for you, and hobbies generally being things you love, I'd be frightened to see the work you do that is simply just work...

LOL

And Stoney, I remember being surprised a little when you asked me to play around with the original M4-78 and test for you. My expectations were extremely low, and what I got was so surprisingly good that I didn't have a ton of gameplay criticism and was mostly concerned with text errors and obviously broken things. I can't remember what the order of things coming out was exactly, did M4 release before TSLRCM?

#40 Stoney

Stoney

Tired old man

• Administrators
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

The original m4 came out first. Tslrcm came about because I was waiting on my lead writer for m4ep and was needing something to do while I waited.😁

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users