Sith Holocron

What color lightsaber should Kaah Ohtok wield?

Padawan Kaah Ohtok's Lightsaber  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Chosen Color for Kaah Ohtok's lightsaber?

Guest Mablus25

My choice would be yellow matches his type and personailty

I always thought-it weird that they say a color would match a personality. I mean, why aren't there any light side jedi with a red lightsaber? For all we know, using a ruby won't make a jedi go dark, can-it? Oh well.

I think Adi Gallia used a red crystal, though I've always been confused as to why...

It may be at some time. But mostly, Leia doesn't have time to build 'em herself and have her personnal sword crafter (Luke...), so it would not be her choice.

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

white core with a paler than normal yellow glow.

Guest Crixler

The files for the bronze saber simply reference the orange one. It doesn't even have it's own duplicate texture or .2da entry, it's just a renamed orange crystal, really.

But it is possible to give it it's own texture, and there are a few mods that do that, including one of my own. Don't download mine from kotorfiles though, it's an outdated buggy version. I Should really fix that. The screenshots are still good though, and I think I posted the fixed version as a comment. Check it oouutt.

Anyway, I think he should have yellow or orange. I'll probably vote orange, simply because another vote for yellow seems pretty meaningless.

Edit: Crap, disregard the part about my own mod. That's for KotOR I. I never made a KotOR II version. Sorry 'bout that, that's what happens when you post late at night about something you did a while ago. Maybe once this mod comes out I'll feel motivated to do a TSL version, maybe incorporating my previously planned second pack of additional colours as well...

Rant rant rant.

In other news, I did indeed vote for orange.

I need sleep.

Edited by Crixler

The files for the bronze saber simply reference the orange one. It doesn't even have it's own duplicate texture or .2da entry, it's just a renamed orange crystal, really.

But it is possible to give it it's own texture, and there are a few mods that do that, including one of my own. Don't download mine from kotorfiles though, it's an outdated buggy version. I Should really fix that. The screenshots are still good though, and I think I posted the fixed version as a comment. Check it oouutt.

Anyway, I think he should have yellow or orange. I'll probably vote orange, simply because another vote for yellow seems pretty meaningless.

Edit: Crap, disregard the part about my own mod. That's for KotOR I. I never made a KotOR II version. Sorry 'bout that, that's what happens when you post late at night about something you did a while ago. Maybe once this mod comes out I'll feel motivated to do a TSL version, maybe incorporating my previously planned second pack of additional colours as well...

Rant rant rant.

In other news, I did indeed vote for orange.

I need sleep.

Might I suggest making a mod for a Bronze color fix that's TSLRCM compatible then? I'd also suggest making it comaptible with HOTOR (see the download section for more information.) Perhaps you might make a poll to see what colors folks might be interested in for possible additional color crystal pack.

Oh . . . and welcome to Deadly Stream Forums, Crixler!

Guest Crixler

Might I suggest making a mod for a Bronze color fix that's TSLRCM compatible then? I'd also suggest making it comaptible with HOTOR (see the download section for more information.) Perhaps you might make a poll to see what colors folks might be interested in for possible additional color crystal pack.

Oh . . . and welcome to Deadly Stream Forums, Crixler!

Well, I had been holding off originally because I was wanting to wait for all the big mods (including M4-78 EP) to be released, just to ensure it's all compatible. I've actually even been holding off on playing TSL in general until they're all out, so I don't even have it installed. But last night I was made aware of a bug in my KotOR I version, and that just will not do, so I'm going to be fixing that, and I might make a TSL version while I'm at it.

So maybe, we'll see!

Also, that would technically be welcome back. I had an account before, but one day I got some email warning it would be deleted unless I posted or something. I believe I had tried posting but had technical difficulties. Account went poof. Since I'm mostly a lurker, I never bothered making a new one until now. But thanks!

I always thought-it weird that they say a color would match a personality. I mean, why aren't there any light side jedi with a red lightsaber? For all we know, using a ruby won't make a jedi go dark, can-it? Oh well.

To quote Wookiepedia's quote from the Rise of Darth Vader:

"I don't need to remind you that a crimson blade doesn't guarantee that the wielder is a Sith, any more than every person strong in the Force is a Jedi. Asajj Ventress was a mere apprentice to Dooku, not a true Sith. A crimson blade can owe to nothing more than a synthetic power crystal. Then crimson is simply a color, like Master Windu's amethyst blade."

―Roan Shryne

The article further says that the color does not match the jedi's personality, but that red blades are associated with the sith since they are generally more powerful and "easier" to produce; and as such were frowned on by popular jedi culture. (The full article)