Sign in to follow this  
DarthRevan101

Can't spawn placeables (But can spawn characters)?

I'm trying to spawn some custom  rubble in the cave on Korriban and for some reason it's just not showing up. 

I can't see anything wrong with the script:

void main() {
CreateObject (OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "holorubble", Location(Vector (234.07,  180.06, 0.0), 90.0));

}

I've definitely got the utp. of the custom rubble in my Override but it doesn't seem to work with any placeable that I put in the script. 

It works fine though when I use the same script but to spawn a character, so I'm a bit lost. I get the feeling I'm making a really obvious mistake but I just can't see it.

Is your tag holorubble correct?

Yeah and I tried it with a bunch of other placeables too from templates.bif just to be sure but they still didn't show.

1. Make sure the script even fires in the first place.
2. Make sure the location you entered is the correct one. Keep in mind that the Z coordinate is irrelevant for characters, they just snap to the walkmesh, but it's relevant for the placeables.
3. If it was a custom placeable, I'd also check if it spawned but it's invisible. This may not apply here, but if nothing else works, maybe try that as well.

• Like 1

You also may want to do a level transit cycle. While an onload script should notionally function correctly loading directly into a level, I have found it can get a little flaky if you are loading a save where you'd previously spawned different stuff in via script. That's why I usually like to test somewhere right next to the Ebon Hawk, so you can enter and exit to quickly cycle through a level load.

• Like 1

2. Make sure the location you entered is the correct one. Keep in mind that the Z coordinate is irrelevant for characters, they just snap to the walkmesh, but it's relevant for the placeables.

Yep, that was it. Because of the Z coordinate it just disappeared through the floor I guess. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1