Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

What color lightsaber should Master Vash wield?

Master Lonna Vash's Lightsaber  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Chosen Color for Master Vash's lightsaber?

This topic enables us to clearly see what everyone's top choice is for Master Lonna Vash's lightsaber color? Please choose a color from the above list. Feel free to expand why you think your color should be chosen. Keep in mind favorite color is a subjective thing. (Let's keep the flamebaiting down, if we can.)

I vote blue for Vash. I'm not worried about 2 masters receiving the same color saber. If Vash was a jedi guardian, then blue is really the only logical choice, is it not? A few people were saying silver, but eh, can't say I approve of that one.

I say silver.

1.) Silver is already used as her blade color in variations of her cut content.

2.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but not a single NPC uses the KotOR 2 blade colors, right? That's just not right.

3.) Her fall not counted, Atris also has a blue blade in pretty much every image of her, meaning there are already two blue bladed Council members. How about some variety?

4.) Despite blue being my actual favorite color, blue lightsabers are freaking everywhere (in and out of KotOR)! Again, how about some variety?

Guest HaVoKeR

I just hate every other color besides the original ones: blue, green and red. Purple included only because Samuel Jackson asked it to George Lucas.

Those happy colored blades, like yellow, gold, orange, silver, makes Star Wars looks like a joke or just some anime, and also reminds me of EMO people. hahaha. In fact, i modded it so theres only those 4 colors in my game.

I know that in the early years of the jedis there was every possible blade color, and because of the destruction of one or another world which contained all those crystals, the common became green and blue (red is mostly a artificial crystal created by the sith)... but i think the other colors idea came from a stupid nerd or something who liked colored and pretty stuff, bleh.

I just hate every other color besides the original ones: blue, green and red. Purple included only because Samuel Jackson asked it to George Lucas.

Those happy colored blades, like yellow, gold, orange, silver, makes Star Wars looks like a joke or just some anime, and also reminds me of EMO people. hahaha. In fact, i modded it so theres only those 4 colors in my game.

I know that in the early years of the jedis there was every possible blade color, and because of the destruction of one or another world which contained all those crystals, the common became green and blue (red is mostly a artificial crystal created by the sith)... but i think the other colors idea came from a stupid nerd or something who liked colored and pretty stuff, bleh.

Mara Jade had a purple lightsaber before Episode 1 came out. Probably before George Lucas wrote it.

Guest HK-47

Amused Statement: Success! I have just made it a tie between silver and blue by picking blue.

Query: Why did I choose blue.

Answer: Because I forgot that Kavar had dual blue blades. Apparently my memory core is due for some routine maintenance.

Agreement: Indeed DarthDaedric.

Addendum: Yun, Gorc, and Pic had orange or gold, yellow (I've played it 500 times and still don't remember who had what) lightsabers as well. The Imperial Knights wielded silver lightsabers.

I can't really respond to this without getting mad, but the others are right. Those "Strange/emo/anime" colors you speak of, have appeared in many different Star Wars media, and have existed for a LONG time. They aren't something new and weird, and honestly, could be considered original colors as much as the film ones, just not very well known ones unless you're a Star Wars nut.

Also, if the colors bother you that much, ya don't have to use them, they're quite optional. As for Vash using them? Well, it can't be that bad.

tl;dr: Don't judge a lightsaber or it's wielder by the color of the blade, friend.

Edited by Pazaak

Guest HaVoKeR

Mara Jade had a purple lightsaber before Episode 1 came out. Probably before George Lucas wrote it.

Woo i know, its in the game right? jedi knight 1 or so, yeah purple exists in the original, its one of those that only badass guys like Samuel could have, because its rare or something.

And hey, thats just my opinion, all that expanded universe stuff is out of my knowledge, i only know 1 or 2 things about the sith history. The greatest part of it is not made by George Lucas, right? its just not official to me.

& i don't care what saber colors those old knights from HQs and books had, i just don't like them, reminds me of many animes that used the "energy sword" idea from SW with happy and funny colours. Also, blue, green, red, violet and its similars just look the best colors to me.

And if you google it, theres an explanation saying that should exist only blue/red, but in the 6º movie something happened and it became green/red. I'm not sure why, but if it was blue, the blade would not appear well in the screen while luke were using it in some places. I think thats the explanation.

I can't really respond to this without getting mad, but the others are right. Those "Strange/emo/anime" colors you speak of, have appeared in many different Star Wars media, and have existed for a LONG time. They aren't something new and weird, and honestly, could be considered original colors as much as the film ones, just not very well known ones unless you're a Star Wars nut.

Also, if the colors bother you that much, ya don't have to use them, they're quite optional. As for Vash using them? Well, it can't be that bad.

tl;dr: Don't judge a lightsaber or it's wielder by the color of the blade, friend.

Indeed i don't use them, no one in my games does, because i removed it. =)

And yeah i wont judge the lightsaber or its wielder by the color of the blade, maybe only after i owned them with my elegant sabers...

Heres your precious explanation for the purple saber in the original universe; http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mace_Windu & here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Samuel_L._Jackson

Guest Bob Ta'aar

I say silver.

2.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but not a single NPC uses the KotOR 2 blade colors, right? That's just not right.

3.) Her fall not counted, Atris also has a blue blade in pretty much every image of her, meaning there are already two blue bladed Council members. How about some variety?

4.) Despite blue being my actual favorite color, blue lightsabers are freaking everywhere (in and out of KotOR)! Again, how about some variety?

Pretty much agree on this totally. Point #1 is the most important to me. After all, we're the TSLRCM-freaks, aren't we? So why not stick to what's there of cut content.

I always thought, that Atris should have the silver blade, after all, she's already all white ... but well, she's got the blue one, so why not give Vash the silver?

Guest DH-010

(..)

Addendum: Yun, Gorc, and Pic had orange or gold, yellow (I've played it 500 times and still don't remember who had what) lightsabers as well. The Imperial Knights wielded silver lightsabers.

Okay I'm not going to add much useful info on here now...

Qu Rahn (Jedi in intro): Green

Jerec: Red

Yun: Yellow

Kyle Katarn: Green (Qu Rahn's) and Yellow (Yun's)

Gorc: Orange (very large 'lance')

Pic: Orange (short)

Sariss: Blue

Boc: Purple

So yeah, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight pretty much invented the multiple colored sabers and, as much as it seems to pain HaVoKeR, they're all pretty canon...

Guest Disturbed205

Some people only agree with colors in the movies, canon or not. They only believe in G-Level canon lightsabers(but for nothing else but lightsabers most of the time?...). I don't even get why they play KOTOR or TSL... Many people are like this, such as Shem (JediShemL), and a bunch of people from the old SW filefront forums.

Really the only "true colors" are Blue and Red, since they were forced to use green as the blue saber would not show up against the Tatooine sky and Samuel L. Jackson requested purple. That's only because Lucas wanted to keep things simple though, he's certainly not against alternative lightsaber colors as seen by their usage in many SW projects overseen by him..

Alright, alright! I've been swayed. Changed my vote from Blue to Silver for Vash.

Not really just because it's the majority, but a lot of people are offering some pretty interesting points as to why she should wield a silver saber, and most of them I can't really argue with.

For Vash? Silver it is!

Guest hkmandalore47

i actually think this shouldnt even be a question. id rather have master vash have whatever lightsaber color she was originally intended to have. although i am feeling like she should have a purple one, i think that she should have whichever one is the originally intended color

I have, also, gone with silver as I think if it was intended for Vash to have silver, silver it should be.

Guest Lex

I say silver.

Well, it seems the consensus is Silver. Sounds good, no complaints here. Let's just see how this works out, eh?

I say silver. It just fits to my image of her and I think it wouldn't be bad if even just once one of those council member just stops having the common colors like green, blue, purple or yellow.

cant believe my eyes, 24 votes for silver... this is insane FFFFUUUUU newfags

save idiot colours for anime. it should be one of traditional colours. blue is the most logical choice

save idiot colours for anime. it should be one of traditional colours. blue is the most logical choice

I agree with Cubix on this one.

You realize that the Exile's lightsaber is canonically cyan, right? So colors outside of the "traditional" ones aren't just "idiot colours for anime."

And strictly speaking, isn't silver the original lightsaber color, period? Not KotOR or EU, but the original color of Luke's lightsaber in '77?

Meh, I hate anime and like Silver and Viridian.

Much nicer than the "original" colors. If you want a boring palette don't force it upon us, plz.

Guest hkmandalore47

And strictly speaking, isn't silver the original lightsaber color, period? Not KotOR or EU, but the original color of Luke's lightsaber in '77?

no, it was actually supposed to be white originally. no color at all. and the lightsaber in '77 looks more flat more like a laser sword where the new ones (or should i say more recent ones) look more rounded.