N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy

Did anyone notice the restored Sith Energy Shield? And the restored Generic Alien Voiceover?

I thought Senni Vek was out of the picture when you made this mod below. But I'm guessing that this mod is more of an optional install than a canon fate.

That mod was made based on K1 cut content. The NPC file for that Rodian Hunter is something like "n_sennivek.utc" or something like that, that would be Bioware's intended fate for Senni, however, Geredi the Duro's Pazaak Player on Nar Shadda has a character file name called "g_sennivek.utc". So I went to check the dialog.tlk for any reference to Senni being on Nar Shadda and it appears at some point Senni was going to be Geredi at one point. My mod does not replace Geredi though.

Anyway, since he met Revan in K1, I wonder if he'll mention that inviting Revan to work with the GenoHaradan was a mistake and end up feeling regret or something. After all, he was the one who dropped the datapad that led Revan to Hulas.

Senni would believe offering Revan the opportunity was a mistake but he would have no idea he was the one who invited him to Hulas to begin with since no one knew Revan without his/her mask and he would have been too low in the GenoHaradan to have Hulas tell him he's/she's Revan

I also like that he's still wearing that GenoHaradan light armor/Echani light armor skin.

Without it, he'd just be a generic Twi'lek

Will the dialogue with the Geno assassin on Dxun be different if the player has already defeated Dessicus?

Perhaps, but until Dessicus content is complete I won't work on that dialogue.
  • Like 1

I did. Do you think the Geno assassins with that voiceover are all aliens or is it just some secret language they have?

Perhaps, but until Dessicus content is complete I won't work on that dialogue.

Thanks.

I did. Do you think the Geno assassins with that voiceover are all aliens or is it just some secret language they have?

Could be both, perhaps the Elite Assassins are the veterans of the GenoHaradan and they know the GenoHaradan secret language that only the high ranking members know. All I know about the cut VO is that it's just called "Generic Alien"

• Like 1

Here is another preview of what I am working on, this time another video:

What do you guys think of this? And I know there are spelling errors and typos all over the place, these will hopefully be fixed by the time it makes it to the Demo. The reason I replace the Zhugs on Dxun is that they didn't  ultimately mean anything to the plot, while you can mention their deaths to the Zhugs on Goto's yacht I also plan to remove them as well as their dialogues make little sense with the game. With Dezanti gone this mod makes Azanti the sole leader of the Zhugs and once he is dead after your party kills him the Zhugs become destabilized and collapse once Nar Shadda is finished. In this mod, the GenoHaradan were tracking the Exile and where shot down in the space battle.

Another thing I am considering is removing Zez Kai Ell's cut scene on Nar Shadda where he stands over the Exile's unconscious body and says he's going to go rescue Mira. Reason for this removal is that he doesn't go to rescue her, you may argue he appears in the Jekk Jekk Tarr to knock Hanhar out then gets knocked out by Kreia but that made no sense, I'll remove that also so that Kreia knocks Hanhar out.

I like this idea, but should having the GenoHaradan assassin tell the exile why the Jedi and Sith be something that appears during the final boss or quest of your mod? If a player goes to Dxun before Nar Shaddaa, that dialogue sequence seems to spoil the GenoHaradan's beliefs too early. If the player goes to Dxun after Nar Shaddaa, the sequence may be redundant after fighting the main boss or bosses.  

Also, do you know if the Zhugs were supposed to be something more, or were they basically the replacement for the Genoharadran after they were cancelled? I dont hate the Zhugs per se, however I do agree that they were out of place in the game.

Now that you mention that, I think the Zhugs' story arc should have concluded on Goto's yacht. Having them appear on Dxun just seems a little redundant.

Fun fact: The Ubese Bounty Hunters were supposed to be the Sith Assassins but then they were moved to the Jekk Jekk Tarr to become GenoHaradan Disciples then they became the Ubese Bounty Hunters. In my mod, they will become the "Elite GenoHaradan Assassins". So each Elite GenoHaradan Assassin will usually have better equipment and all appear like Ubese in their armour while normal assassins will just be a mixed variety of weapons, armour and species. I have an idea for what I'm going to do in regards to the Ubese in Visquis' Jekk Jekk Tarr though I'm not ready to reveal that.

Huh, I never knew that. How did you find out that the Ubese armor skin was supposed to be the original Sith assassin armor?

I like the idea of having a ragtag bunch of basic assassins; this makes sense since the GenoHaradan might still be suffering from the fallout of having several of the main leaders like Hulas killed off by Revan in K1.

I like this idea, but should having the GenoHaradan assassin tell the exile why the Jedi and Sith be something that appears during the final boss or quest of your mod? If a player goes to Dxun before Nar Shaddaa, that dialogue sequence seems to spoil the GenoHaradan's beliefs too early. If the player goes to Dxun after Nar Shaddaa, the sequence may be redundant after fighting the main boss or bosses.  

True, if you can how much do you think I should cut and move dialogue from the assassin to later?

Now that you mention that, I think the Zhugs' story arc should have concluded on Goto's yacht. Having them appear on Dxun just seems a little redundant.

The Zhug's story arc, while not fully 100% written, will likely conclude just after the yacht.

Huh, I never knew that. How did you find out that the Ubese armor skin was supposed to be the original Sith assassin armor?

There are a couple of Beta Screenshots of TSL from early 2004 of Ubese on the Harbinger with Quarterstaffs and the game files call the Ubese "Sith Assassins"

I like the idea of having a ragtag bunch of basic assassins; this makes sense since the GenoHaradan might still be suffering from the fallout of having several of the main leaders like Hulas killed off by Revan in K1.

In K1 Hulas states that GenoHaradan assassins followed Revan as he tracked down and killed the GenoHaradan leadership while in Stealth mode. In this instance, this ragtag GenoHaradan group followed the Exile under orders to kill him/her in a cargo transport which was shot down.

I just remembered the Exile mentions the Zhug encounter to the Mandalorian Scout who is standing near the Onderon Soldier body. I'll have to change that as well.

I am just going to post this here from the comment I made on the video:

Not bad. I like the dialogue you’ve done for the Assassin. It definitely goes with the mentality the GenoHaradan adopted when they turned into a demented death cult.

I think the only things I can point out that could use a bit of tweaking is technical and gameplay specific. the elite GenoHaradan assassins gesture animations because there are times where he is angry and should use the right animation gestures and other kind of things like the pointing animation the Zhug brother did when threaten the player to drop their weapons. For the stats for the elite assassin and his thugs, I know you gave the elite assassin a shield and critical strike (and possibly flurry and power attack too) but his buddies could use sniper shot and rapid fire or something. Sorry if I’m hammering the stats thing a little too much.

Also, isn’t the poison blade not supposed to be up-gradable? Or will it be up-gradable for its KOTOR 2 incarnation?

• Like 1

I am just going to post this here from the comment I made on the video:

Because you copied that from the Youtube comment section the white from Youtube appeared here making it unreadable. Try copying it into google then re-copy what you just copied and paste the re-copied text into your Deadlystream post.

Admin: Changed that original post (and what you quoted) to its current form. JSYK

Not bad. I like the dialogue you’ve done for the Assassin. It definitely goes with the mentality the GenoHaradan adopted when they turned into a demented death cult.

I think the only things I can point out that could use a bit of tweaking is technical and gameplay specific. the elite GenoHaradan assassins gesture animations because there are times where he is angry and should use the right animation gestures and other kind of things like the pointing animation the Zhug brother did when threaten the player to drop their weapons. For the stats for the elite assassin and his thugs, I know you gave the elite assassin a shield and critical strike (and possibly flurry and power attack too) but his buddies could use sniper shot and rapid fire or something. Sorry if I’m hammering the stats thing a little too much.

Also, isn’t the poison blade not supposed to be up-gradable? Or will it be up-gradable for its KOTOR 2 incarnation?

I'm surprised anyone could even hear the assassin over that thunderstorm let alone figure out he's angry, I will admit there are a few animations that failed to play in that so chances are there already is animation for some lines but they didn't work, I will fix this at some point.

Since the GenoHaradan are highly trained warriors unlike typical bounty hunters I may consider what you said about the normal assassins being given attack feats as well.

Kotor 2 has a unique upgrade system that is different from K1's upgrade system. In K1 only a select few items could be upgraded, in TSL anything can be upgraded. As such GenoHaradan Poison Blades can be upgraded in TSL.

Kotor 2 has a unique upgrade system that is different from K1's upgrade system. In K1 only a select few items could be upgraded, in TSL anything can be upgraded. As such GenoHaradan Poison Blades can be upgraded in TSL.

Here's a quick reference for that item if you need it.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=KotOR1_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&kotor_items.game=KOTOR1&kotor_items.id=278

True, if you can how much do you think I should cut and move dialogue from the assassin to later?

I would cut out everything from 0:44-2:30 so everything isn't spoiled immediately. Just my two cents. 

And that line at :39 should read, You are considered the last of the Jedi. 

One other question too- are there going to be GenoHaradan assassins on every planet until the corresponding Nar Shaddaa quest is completed?

One other question too- are there going to be GenoHaradan assassins on every planet until the corresponding Nar Shaddaa quest is completed?

Possibly, so far only the Telos Restoration Zone and Dxun have Assassins in them. If the player has completed the Nar Shaddaa quest the assassins will probably still be there but the Exile will have new lines.

• Like 1

For my two pennies, I wouldn't think that the GenoHaradan, as a covert organisation who do not reveal themselves freely, would have such unique armour. It seems simpler to me for the armoured people in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr to simply be a group of Ubese who are part of the GenoHaradan and that their armour is indeed Ubese.

I also feel that the guy in the Onderon vid looks really weird with that mask over the top of the model's helmet. Ditch the extra mask, imo.

And as a question - have you simply moved Azanti Zhug to Goto's Yacht or done something else with him? Or does he just no longer exist?

For my two pennies, I wouldn't think that the Genoharadan, as a covert organisation who do not reveal themselves freely, would have such unique armour. It seems simpler to me for the armoured people in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr to simply be a group of Ubese who are part of the Genoharadan and that their armour is indeed Ubese.

True, though I like to think of the GenoHaradan as a secret society aka Star Wars Illuminati. Based on Hulas dialogue in K1 the GenoHaradan "manipulate" events in history to favour the Republic, for example: By eliminating lowly terrorist organisations, corrupt officials and criminals before they can pose a major threat to the Republic. As a few senator's and Jedi Master's knew of their existence based on Hulas dialogue it would be possible for them to receive private/illegal funding from the Republic to pay for their custom-made GenoHaradan equipment. Though there is nothing stopping you from imagining the Elite GenoHaradan Assassins are still ubese as the Alien VO is just labelled "Generic Alien" meaning it could be anything.

I also feel that the guy in the Onderon vid looks really weird with that mask over the top of the model's helmet. Ditch the extra mask, imo.

The idea behind this is that the mask over the top of the model's helmet is that you're supposed to pretend that the mask is apart of the helmet. If people agree with your statement I will ditch the mask though without the mask they look too much like Master Chief to me.

Have you simply moved Azanti Zhug to Goto's Yacht or done something else with him? Or does he just no longer exist?

Azanti Zhug will very likely be moved to around the time of Goto's Yacht.

The idea behind this is that the mask over the top of the model's helmet is that you're supposed to pretend that the mask is apart of the helmet. If people agree with your statement I will ditch the mask though without the mask they look too much like Master Chief to me.

It's mostly just the sheer texture and model clash. They don't really look like the same headpiece to me. (and tbh, I personally like the Ubese helmets :P )

This might be me throwing another idea at the wall hoping for it to stick, but how about . . .

A. A cutscene where the elite GenoHaradan assassin execute Azanti Zhug

B. Corpses of the Dxun Zhugs lying around the crash site, implying the GenoHaradan assassins killed them

I still believe they were on Dxun but would have been killed if the GenoHaradan were still in the game

also for

It's mostly just the sheer texture and model clash. They don't really look like the same headpiece to me. (and tbh, I personally like the Ubese helmets :P )

The mask could be retextured to fit the model so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Just darken the texture and call it a day? LOL

The mask could be retextured to fit the model so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Just darken the texture and call it a day? LOL

Eh, I prefer the base model anyways. Darkening the mask will only make it look less awkward, not eliminate the problem.

Eh, I prefer the base model anyways. Darkening the mask will only make it look less awkward, not eliminate the problem.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "problem". I'm not a huge fan of the Ubese helmets, and I also feel something that iconic would not be found on a secretive organization. What we have right now at least looks vague enough not to be traceable.

This might be me throwing another idea at the wall hoping for it to stick, but how about . . .

A. A cutscene where the elite GenoHaradan assassin execute Azanti Zhug

B. Corpses of the Dxun Zhugs lying around the crash site, implying the GenoHaradan assassins killed them

I still believe they were on Dxun but would have been killed if the GenoHaradan were still in the game

That could be an idea but... how did the GenoHaradan get to Dxun? They don't know about the Mandalorians so that should mean there is nothing worth their interests on Dxun besides the Exile so having them follow the Exile in a ship then being blown out of the sky would be the better option.

Despite your ideas not making it in, please feel free to suggest more ideas.

For everyone complaining about the mask: The whole Ubese with Mask thing was started by TSLRP who used Shielding Visors in their mod and again by Exile007 using the Shielding Visor model but with a custom item. I was inspired by the custom item to make my own item using the textures used by TSLRCM for the Duro Assassin mask restored by said mod. By the end of the mod, I am hoping to have Alien face model's hex edited like Trandoshans for example, to be able to wear masks so every member of the GenoHaradan has the same scary mask hiding their facial features.

I won't mind removing the mask for the Ubese - though I still think the Ubese is literally Master Chief in KotOR without it.

That could be an idea but... how did the GenoHaradan get to Dxun? They don't know about the Mandalorians so that should mean there is nothing worth their interests on Dxun besides the Exile so having them follow the Exile in a ship then being blown out of the sky would be the better option.

Despite your ideas not making it in, please feel free to suggest more ideas.

For everyone complaining about the mask: The whole Ubese with Mask thing was started by TSLRP who used Shielding Visors in their mod and again by Exile007 using the Shielding Visor model but with a custom item. I was inspired by the custom item to make my own item using the textures used by TSLRCM for the Duro Assassin mask restored by said mod. By the end of the mod, I am hoping to have Alien face model's hex edited like Trandoshans for example, to be able to wear masks so every member of the GenoHaradan has the same scary mask hiding their facial features.

I won't mind removing the mask for the Ubese - though I still think the Ubese is literally Master Chief in KotOR without it.

For the mask, I like it, it gives the GenoHaradan a distinct and unique look and I could the stabilizer mask and shielding visor version as two variants for the character design. Plus I like the idea of elite assassins having unique mask on their models while your standard assassin could either be some sort of alien or have the standard Ubese model. Food for thought.

As for my idea on the assassins being on Dxun: they could explain that they stealthily sneaked on-board the Zhug's ship, knowing where they were going and what their goal was and later sabotaged the ship, causing it to crash on to Dxun.

As for my idea on the assassins being on Dxun: they could explain that they stealthily sneaked on-board the Zhug's ship, knowing where they were going and what their goal was and later sabotaged the ship, causing it to crash on to Dxun.

I'll let my plan for the GenoHaradan play out for now and I'll see how it turns out. I may have them explain how they were tracing the Exile and where shot down by the Onderonians.

Good news for the mod, I've learnt how to make custom heads and with new textures at long last. I've got Dessicus' head ready to go yet I need a new armour skin for him for me to properly present preview screenshots. I've also decided for Atton's GenoHaradan dialogue to unlock after the new GenoHaradan encounter in the Restoration Zone and for that encounter to start the main GenoHaradan sidequest. The bad news is that I have to yet learn how to make new conditionals to unlock dialogue after a certain point in the game.

The bad news is that I have to yet learn how to make new conditionals to unlock dialogue after a certain point in the game.

Have you tried asking Fair Strides?

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Conditional scripting is not hard, simpler really than most scripting. You are just checking a global or local numeric value, and returning a "yes, you can proceed" or "you're still not good enough". It is a boolean operator.

What is your issue?

Conditional scripting is not hard, simpler really than most scripting. You are just checking a global or local numeric value, and returning a "yes, you can proceed" or "you're still not good enough". It is a boolean operator.

What is your issue?

I think mine is a Boolean one. 

What I need to do is make it so a dialogue with Atton unlocks after an NPC has said something. What I want is for an encounter with GenoHaradan Assassins on Telos to unlock his new dialogue. Would you know how to do this? What I'm stuck on specifically is actually unlocking the dialogue.

Add a global boolean, often global numbers are better, into the globalcat2da, add row "insert tag here"

Setting script for global number below, also set it to fire somewhere.

Void main()

{

SetGlobalNumber("insert tag here", 1);

}

/// THEN

int StartingConditional()
{
    if(GetGlobalNumber("tag") == 1) { return TRUE; }
    return FALSE;
}

place the above in the Conditional section on the first line of the desired "unlocked dialogue option" 

See FS Script shack for more information on this.

You don't need these scripts. TSL already has scripts for changing booleans that can be used with the scripting parameters in TSLs dialog files.

So you'd still add the global into globalcat.2da, but then use these vanilla scripts in the dialog. I can't remember their exact names, but the one for global setting should be a_global_set or for a boolean (like in your case) a_glob_bool_set. And then the first string parameter would be the tag of your global and the first number parameter would be the value, i.e. 1. The script to check for your global being set is c_glob_bool_set with the string parameter being your tag again.

There are some more of these scripts for a global being equal to a certain number, or being smaller than a certain number, etc. They're very handy since you don't have to write each of these scripts yourself, but can just reuse these general ones.