159 replies to this topic

#21 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

That's EXACTLY what I want to hear. Out of curiosity what would I rename the Lip Sync to? If the audio file is called "geno_rem1.mp3" would I name the Lip "geno_rem1.lip"?

Yeah, that's how you'd name it. Here's a tutorial on how to use lip sync this way.

What do you have in mind for "some alternate custom lines"?

I didn't have anything specific in mind as that really depends on where in the dialog the line is featured. What I meant is that it shouldn't be the only line the player can choose as it's usually better to have multiple lines even if they lead to the exact same outcome.

#22 zbyl2

zbyl2

Evil Overlord

• Administrators
  • 892 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, lip and VO should have the same name.

#23 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

Thanks to you Zybl2 I not only can get Lip Syncs for these characters I can now presumably work on my other incomplete small mods I've had on my disk for a while I couldn't release because the cut VO has no Lip Sync.

#24 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Just find a line of similar text/VO length, take its lipsync and rename it.

I've done that a lot for random TSLRCM lines and no one noticed most of it yet :P

Meanwhile I did the same for Jerron (or whatever his name is, the Dantooine guy that got lucked up in the Sublevel) I got oodles of complains from everyone.
Then again I wasn't that thorough in searching .lips, and I literally can't care less at this point.

Also, why does he still use his original "Exchange" line at the start?

Thanks to you Zybl2 I not only can get Lip Syncs for these characters I can now presumably work on my other incomplete small mods I've had on my disk for a while I couldn't release because the cut VO has no Lip Sync.

You can always make them an alien.
*cough* Liskis *cough*

#25 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

Meanwhile I did the same for Jerron (or whatever his name is, the Dantooine guy that got lucked up in the Sublevel) I got oodles of complains from everyone.
Then again I wasn't that thorough in searching .lips, and I literally can't care less at this point.

I'm guessing you're talking about Jorran.

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. 
~ Sith Holocron

Have you read my blog? You really should.

Please don't quote entire walls of text for no reason. It's really obnoxious. It just makes the thread difficult to navigate.

#26 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

You would be correct. Probably also some other fewer sections where lipsync wasn't quite up to snuff. But I really really REALLY don't want to look up through a ton of them to find the best matching, sorry.

#27 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Also, why does he still use his original "Exchange" line at the start?

What line are you referring to specifically?

You can always make them an alien.
*cough* Liskis *cough*

Well, that could be an option but some of these cut VO's belong to NPC's who already have VO for example if these lines belonged to Atton a Deveronian VO wouldn't work for him.

#28 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

"The Exchange has a bounty on Jedi..."

Makes sense, not all cut Atton dialogue would be voiced, like the Nar Shaddaa line, the Dxun arrival line. Those just needed lipsync if that wasn't in place already either (think the Nar Shaddaa might not even have it but since it's a long-distance flyby it's hardly noticable or useful)

#29 danil-ch

danil-ch

Jedi Padawan

• Modders
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

Original dialog looks like this:

Kreia: Something is not right. I sense a coming danger...

Assassin: So *this* is the "Last of the Jedi." I must admit, I'm a little disappointed.
Player: (Vanilla)
Assassin: The Exchange has a bounty on Jedi, you know. You're worth quite a bit of money.
Assassin: Unfortunately, I serve the GenoHaradan... and to us, you're only worth money dead.
Atton: The GenoHaradan, huh? You make it sound like it's some kind of *honor* to be one of those death worshippers.
Assassin: Eh? It *is* an honor. Only a select few are chosen to-
Atton: All your cult really does is kill for credits. You're the cheapest, most worthless mercenary scum in the galaxy. I'd hire a Mandalorian over your filth in a second.
Assassin: No *Mandalorian* could match the skills of a GenoHaradan disciple. No Mandalorian could have infiltrated this station, taken the identity of one of the guards, then...
Atton: ...then what, overloaded our force cage fields and made it look like an accident? You probably don't even have the guts to fight me. Pathetic.
Assassin: Overloading your cages had occurred to me... but you are right, perhaps a more *personal* lesson is called for.

Player: Who sent you?
Assassin: I have pledged my life to the master of the GenoHaradan... and I have pledged my life to end yours.
Assassin: But I suppose you meant who purchased such an oath? Even if I knew this, no disciple of the GenoHaradan would ever speak of it.

Player's responses also a bit different.
Vanilla
No. He was an assassin. It's a good thing I didn't have to depend on you for protection.
The best of your ability? That's not very inspiring.
Let's go. 

Old script
No. He was a GenoHaradan killer. It's a good thing I didn't have to depend on you for protection.
The best of your ability? That doesn't inspire confidence.
Let's go, then.

#30 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:14 AM

Kreia: Something is not right. I sense a coming danger...

Assassin: So *this* is the "Last of the Jedi." I must admit, I'm a little disappointed.
Player: ------
Assassin: The Exchange has a bounty on Jedi, you know. You're worth quite a bit of money.
Assassin: Unfortunately, I serve the GenoHaradan... and to us, you're only worth money dead.
Atton: The GenoHaradan, huh? You make it sound like it's some kind of *honor* to be one of those death worshippers.
Assassin: Eh? It *is* an honor. Only a select few are chosen to-
Atton: All your cult really does is kill for credits. You're the cheapest, most worthless mercenary scum in the galaxy. I'd hire a Mandalorian over your filth in a second.
Assassin: No *Mandalorian* could match the skills of a GenoHaradan disciple. No Mandalorian could have infiltrated this station, taken the identity of one of the guards, then...
Atton: ...then what, overloaded our force cage fields and made it look like an accident? You probably don't even have the guts to fight me. Pathetic.
Assassin: Overloading your cages had occurred to me... but you are right, perhaps a more *personal* lesson is called for.

Player: Who sent you?
Assassin: I have pledged my life to the master of the GenoHaradan... and I have pledged my life to end yours.
Assassin: But I suppose you meant who purchased such an oath? Even if I knew this, no disciple of the GenoHaradan would ever speak of it.

Player's responses also a bit different.
Vanilla
No. He was an assassin. It's a good thing I didn't have to depend on you for protection.
The best of your ability? That's not very inspiring.
Let's go. 

Old script
No. He was a GenoHaradan killer. It's a good thing I didn't have to depend on you for protection.
The best of your ability? That doesn't inspire confidence.
Let's go, then.

Thank you, this will definitely be helpful in the future.

This should have stayed in the game. It would have removed so much of the confusion for this scene.

#31 spacej

spacej

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

Will the Sion vs. Nihilus fight be restored in this mod like the previous version tried to do?

#32 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

Will the Sion vs. Nihilus fight be restored in this mod like the previous version tried to do?

No, only reason as to why is because it's already restored in the Extended Enclave mod and in my opinion, it fits more in that mod rather than this.

#33 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

No, only reason as to why is because it's already restored in the Extended Enclave mod and in my opinion, it fits more in that mod rather than this.

Speaking of which, I think that the Extended Enclave mod needs to get updated again to work with the new TSLRCM.

#34 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:16 AM

Speaking of which, I think that the Extended Enclave mod needs to get updated again to work with the new TSLRCM.

That isn't a justification as to why I should add the scene in. If I did add the scene into Legacy and that mod updates sometime later then you're going to have two exact same scenes play at two different points in the game.

On a more positive note here is a small preview of what is to come. You may recognize this.

Attached File  swkotor2 2017-08-26 11-03-03-35.png   1.11MB   3 downloads

However, I have a problem with this feature. In the dialogue file for this cutscene when I tried to change the Trandoshan Audio to Aqualish Audio instead of being the Trandoshan audio like I expected it's stuff like "301rutum002" which isn't in the streamwaves folder nor is it inside the lips files. Even when I remove the 301rutum files for the NPC I want to change it still plays a Trandoshan audio instead of nothing. Can someone please explain these and explain how I would change them to different species audio.

#35 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

That isn't a justification as to why I should add the scene in. If I did add the scene into Legacy and that mod updates sometime later then you're going to have two exact same scenes play at two different points in the game.

On a more positive note here is a small preview of what is to come. You may recognize this.

attachicon.gifswkotor2 2017-08-26 11-03-03-35.png

However, I have a problem with this feature. In the dialogue file for this cutscene when I tried to change the Trandoshan Audio to Aqualish Audio instead of being the Trandoshan audio like I expected it's stuff like "301rutum002" which isn't in the streamwaves folder nor is it inside the lips files. Even when I remove the 301rutum files for the NPC I want to change it still plays a Trandoshan audio instead of nothing. Can someone please explain these and explain how I would change them to different species audio.

I'm not saying that you should put the scene back in. I'm saying that the author needs to update Extended Enclave.

#36 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:31 AM

I'm not saying that you should put the scene back in. I'm saying that the author needs to update Extended Enclave.

Then you're directing your issue to the wrong guy. PM the EE's author instead.
"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. 
~ Sith Holocron

Have you read my blog? You really should.

Please don't quote entire walls of text for no reason. It's really obnoxious. It just makes the thread difficult to navigate.

#37 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

Change the AlienVO entry, done. There's a list of VO files in one 2DA, think it's called AlienVO aswell.

#38 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Change the AlienVO entry, done. There's a list of VO files in one 2DA, think it's called AlienVO aswell.

Thank you, I discovered the AlienVO entry in the dlg but I had no idea there was a 2da.

#39 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Alright, I've done the AlienVO entry but now I face a new problem. The Aqualish VO only have I think 2 commoner VO's and that's it, the dialogue is trying to use angry VO for example at times which results I nothing being played. I may have a resolution for this however, take the commoner VO and fill out the empty angry, sad etc collums in the alienvo.2da should do the trick.

#40 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Appears to be 3 sets only yeah.
Rather than add clone VO, just change the setting in the .dlg to use any of these 3 sets. Copying over the VO wont make it sound angry anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users