N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy

1 hour ago, UnusualCharacters said:

I would vote for using the original Kotor 1 Selkath voice. Wouldn't get on your nerves as much if he's the only one in the game.

maybe combine the kotor 1 selkath voice with the generic alien voice just keep them at a consistent deep familiar pitch that we remember the selkath general sounded like in the first game.

2 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Use the SWTOR Selkath audio.

That would make a great Addon for GenoHaradan Legacy, I want this to have a sort of "immersion" that M4-78EP does where the mod feels like an actual piece of the game and not a mod. For people who have played SWTOR this may pull those people out of that immersion, again: this would make a great bonus Addon mod for Legacy for those who don't care about that.

Here is the video for the K1 and TSL VO comparison.

I might add the SWTOR Selkath VO in as a second comparison.

2 hours ago, UnusualCharacters said:

I would vote for using the original Kotor 1 Selkath voice. Wouldn't get on your nerves as much if he's the only one in the game.

If TSL is voted the one Selkath would have one line as the line from the video is the only one of it's kind, this one Generic Alien VO is out of place when you listen to the other Generic Alien lines and I think giving it to a Selkath would be a better alternative. If K1 is voted in I'll have more audio options so "maybe" he can have more than 1 line of spoken dialogue, maybe 5 lines nothing crazy of course. 

Maybe you shouldn't rush in to a decision . . . and perhaps listen to them first?

5dRRkaX.png

IMHO, Selkath should sound like Selkath.  They aren't generic, they are fishies!  (And considering what M4-78 originally looked like, I would know.;))

Selkath.7z

PS: If you folks out here like what I've attached and think these versions should be used instead, you should probably let @N-DReW25 know you feel.  Of course, it's his project so don't be pushy. ;)

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 3:52 AM, Mellowtron11 said:

I have made an interesting discovery, in the Jekk Jekk Tarr there is dialogue to suggest Mira met up with Zez Kai Ell after the Exile was captured by Goto in a similar fashion to how Hanhar and Zez Kai Ell met up and fought. I will see what I can do with this new information. 

It's from Vanilla game. 🙂

6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Maybe you shouldn't rush in to a decision . . . and perhaps listen to them first?

5dRRkaX.png

IMHO, Selkath should sound like Selkath.  They aren't generic, they are fishies!  (And considering what M4-78 originally looked like, I would know.;))

Selkath.7z

PS: If you folks out here like what I've attached and think these versions should be used instead, you should probably let @N-DReW25 know you feel.  Of course, it's his project so don't be pushy. ;)

So this one "Generic Alien" line I picked out doesn't fit in with the other Generic Alien lines and in my opinion is the closest thing I could get at the time to a Selkath without porting, I will admit, that Generic Line can use a Selkath filter.

I really recommend people download and listen to the SWTOR Selkath VO and let me know your opinion. If many people favour SWTOR above K1 and Generic maybe SWTOR VO may become the main VO in the mod and the K1 audio can be the add-on (I'd probably use the K1 add-on whenever I want a "Restoration" playthrough).

5 hours ago, danil-ch said:

It's from Vanilla game. 🙂

After 5 or so months I kinda figured that out, it's really weird how TSLRCM cut this feature that made sense and replaced it with that really weird "Mira got captured off-screen, locked in a storage room and saved by Atton leaving a massive plot hole", even TLJ writers couldn't sink that low (They'd probably love nothing more than to prove me wrong though). I also intend to correct plot holes like this in my mod.

33 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I really recommend people download and listen to the SWTOR Selkath VO and let me know your opinion. If many people favour SWTOR above K1 and Generic maybe SWTOR VO may become the main VO in the mod and the K1 audio can be the add-on (I'd probably use the K1 add-on whenever I want a "Restoration" playthrough).

After having a look at the video which there are K1 Selkath VO and TSL "Generic Alien" VO, and a listen to the SWTOR Selkath VO having attached by SH- these are my thoughts:

I believe you should go either with K1 Selkath VO or SWTOR Selkath VO. Both are good choice, depends on what you are trying to exploit there. With the K1 Selkath VO; I like the wetness of the voice, really sounds like it speaks with its unique larynx specifically made for the creature. As with the SWTOR Selkath VO, the file called "Selkath (Male) _med_411790956_m" is the focal point should you compare it with the K1 Selkath VO. It has the character, and it sounds more advanced than the K1 version. But I'd rather go with the K1 Selkath VO for personal preferences.

if i can get what i need in a timley manner and the process doesn't drive me crazy, i want to combine the mushy sounds the selkath make in kotor 1 with the generic alien voice

good news is i figured out how to export the voice files, time to figure everything else out

converted the selkath files, took some of the mushy sounds they make and combined it with the TSL audio from @N-DReW25's video

Lemme know what you think, I know I'll revise it but this is just a proof of concept for the TSL selkath voice

that or stick to the SWTOR lines

ifaselkathwasinTSL.wav

On 7/19/2018 at 9:43 AM, mrmann said:

converted the selkath files, took some of the mushy sounds they make and combined it with the TSL audio from @N-DReW25's video

Lemme know what you think, I know I'll revise it but this is just a proof of concept for the TSL selkath voice

that or stick to the SWTOR lines

ifaselkathwasinTSL.wav

That sounds good. Would it be possible to add more of that "saliva" sound effect to it?

I am taking SH's advice and will be making a Poll for the Selkath VO though I have one problem. Since the new update, I no longer know how to create a poll. Would anyone know how to do this?

22 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

Since the new update, I no longer know how to create a poll. Would anyone know how to do this?

On my end, accessing the "edit" button seems to work there.

Spoiler

1237507118_PollSection.PNG.b1a1aa86246888f2f5251f48902a5496.PNG

And then there will be a "Poll" tab beside the "Content" tab.

Spoiler

484127894_PollSection2.PNG.01cc4da40cc2e0a81a4c68964bb74328.PNG

Edited by ebmar
Screencap for "Poll" tab added.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ebmar said:

On my end, accessing the "edit" button seems to work there.

Reveal hidden contents

1237507118_PollSection.PNG.b1a1aa86246888f2f5251f48902a5496.PNG

And then there will be a "Poll" tab beside the "Content" tab.

Reveal hidden contents

484127894_PollSection2.PNG.01cc4da40cc2e0a81a4c68964bb74328.PNG

Where is this "edit" button? I click on the edit button for my last post in this thread and a "content" tab doesn't show up. I tried to click the "edit" button on the very first post of the thread but the edit button for that is no where to be found.

56 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

Where is this "edit" button? I click on the edit button for my last post in this thread and a "content" tab doesn't show up. I tried to click the "edit" button on the very first post of the thread but the edit button for that is no where to be found.

That is odd, because on my end I could accessed it clear. What device you were on? As I'm on a PC, I'm not sure of the same result from another devices though.

18 minutes ago, ebmar said:

That is odd, because on my end I could accessed it clear. What device you were on? As I'm on a PC, I'm not sure of the same result from another devices though.

I am on PC. Are you referring to me not being able to modify the first post of the thread?

1 hour ago, N-DReW25 said:

I am on PC. Are you referring to me not being able to modify the first post of the thread?

I click on the edit button for my last post in this thread and a "content" tab doesn't show up. I tried to click the "edit" button on the very first post of the thread but the edit button for that is no where to be found.

Both, because I believe as the thread starter you should have access to those. As I have just checked with the WIP thread of mine, it seems to work fine.

So sorry for the inconvenience @N-DReW25, my bad for pointing both to the reference. I should have just referring you not being able to modify the first post of the thread.

Yes, as we click on the edit button on the latter post, a "content" tab will not show up. That thing is certain.

Edited by ebmar
Incorrect point of reference.

24 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Both, because I believe as the thread starter you should have access to those. As I have just checked with the WIP thread of mine, it seems to work fine.

I get this when I click the edit tab on a post in this thread.

Poll.thumb.PNG.b4843812ec07c9ea5fcc51ff4da11cd4.PNG

Am I not seeing the bigger picture?

18 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Trying editing the initial post.

As I've said the initial post of the thread doesn't even have that option.

Poll.thumb.PNG.8ddbe19451293ed2e576c1068153be01.PNG

My theory: It has something to do with the new update.

• Sad 1

Alright, first matter of business: GenoHaradan Legacy Demo 1.5 has been released! I've fixed up the Jekk Jekk Tarr fixes as well as added a new TSLPatcher installation method for optional installs.

Right now: I am looking into the Jekk Jekk Tarr section of this mod. In Vanilla, after Mira opened the emergency escape tunnel she would proceed to enter the tunnel like Hanhar does and watches the Exile get zapped by Goto through the cameras as Hanhar did, Mira will then bump into Zez Kai-El as Hanhar did and unlike Hanhar inform Zez that Goto has captured the Exile. In TSLRCM, instead, Visquis orders his Ubese to capture Mira and lock her up somewhere and immediately after he says in the cutscene the next cutscene shows Mira locked in a storage room where her restored line "I need to get out of here before Visquis executes me" is played. After the Exile gets zapped instead of Mira watching through the camera instead Atton shows up and rescues Mira from the room, after a restored conversation is played they then leave and go to her safehouse.

The TSLRCM scene doesn't make much sense. While getting locked up inside the room and getting saved makes sense Atton must have walked through not only the poisonous Jekk Jekk Tarr but the poisonous maze tunnels as well without a space suit. On top of that, this scene makes Zez's lines from earlier about "I am going to save her, I'll be back soon or not at all" kinda pointless as he doesn't turn up at all in the Jekk Jekk Tarr unless you recruited Hanhar.

My plan to fix this: the line "I need to get out of here before Visquis executes me" will play just after Mira kills Hanhar. Visquis will still order his men to capture and lock up Mira but they won't because she'll flee into the tunnels. I'll restore the Vanilla scene with Mira and Zez in the tunnels that'll play right after the Exile gets zapped and Atton's new restored conversation will be moved outside the Tarr. 

After Atton fought the Zhugs on the landing pad he'd be rushing to the Tarr but once he arrives Mira is outside and will say "Uh, you're running a little late - your friend already walked into a trap in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr." which will be followed up with Atton's dialogue options which will lead to the cut conversation that would play in the Jekk Jekk Tarr "Name's Mira - I've been watching you all stumble around this moon for a while, causing trouble.". After the cut conversation it'll end with "Come on, I know one place where they won't find us."

After that, the screen will go black and the pair will teleport into her hideout and her normal dialogue will play "We took out Visquis, but Goto has him... and that means no bounty for me." from there it'll transition to T3's mission and it'd go as normal... for now.

After some testing I have a question to ask: Just before the Exile enters the Arena a dialogue starts with some force effect on the screen, it immediately loads up the landing pad module and Atton's fight with the Zhugs starts there. What dialogue causes that to happen?

• Like 3