7 replies to this topic

#1 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

I am having trouble understanding how the weapon stats work. The way the numbers work can make it almost impossible to match them just right in making a weapon just as powerful as you want. I ask someone to please show me how to open a weapon uti file and then delete lines from it so I can start from scratch. I want to be able to create a brand new weapon.

Furthermore I ask to please be shown how to create the below results for the following weapons. Additionally some of the stats shown in parenthesis below are not even available in the uti editors. I ask to please be shown where to find them. Finally does the same principles apply to editing other items like armor? If not, what is the difference. Thank you in advance.

Baragwin Heavy Repeating Blaster
Special: Upgradeable, Ranged

Damage: Energy, 7-22 (1d10 + 2d6)
•Damage Bonus: +7-22 Fire (4d6)
•Range: 28m
•Critical Threat: 20-20,x2
•Attack Modifier: +7

Baragwin Assault Gun

Damage: Energy, 6-20 (1d8+2d6)
•Damage Bonus: +6-20 Sonic (3d6)
•Attack Modifier: +6

#2 Effix

Effix

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

I don't have much experience with weapons but I'll share what I know.
Delete a line: open UTI, go to properties, click on the area with the arrow in it, left from the first column, hit the delete key.
An item (weapons and indeed also armor) can have no properties in that tab, but it will still have stats in the game, those stats come from the base item (which you see listed in the General tab of the UTI). Everything in the properties tab gets added to those "base stats". The stats of those base items come from baseitems.2da, not sure if it references other files or if it's all in there.
I'd recommend studying existing weapons, try out weapons with no additional properties, maybe even trying to figure out baseitems.2da to pick the basis you want, etc.

zBtNZ4u.png

#3 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

At least the damage values (i.e. the dice to roll) and the crit stats are determined in baseitems.2da. You can check this reference here to see where exactly. The columns you're looking for are numdice and dietoroll for the dice rolls and most likely critthreat and critmult for the critical hit stats.

Going from that, I'm pretty sure that the weapon you want to create are impossible to do in this state. First it's not possible to have different dice for one weapon, i.e. you can't have 1d6 + 1d8 but only 2d6 or 2d8 where the first number is the number of dice and the second the number of sides on this die. Also, the damage is calculated from that with the minimum being the number of dice (corresponding to rolling a 1 on every dice) and the maximum being the highest possible roll. So in your first example, even if it's possible to have (1d10 + 2d6), the resulting damage would be 3-22 and not 7-22. You could however get 7-21 by using 7 3-sided dice for example.

#4 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

I can understand your points but I have a few questions. However I cannot fully understand what you mean with the baseitems.2da. Do you know how to erase property lines if I want to change them? Furthermore I have no problem if I cannot directly create my weapon. However can you please show me how to get it as close as possible?

For the Baragwin Heavy Repeating Blaster, I want the 1st number to be 7 as shown and the 2nd number to be as close as possible to 22 without going under. For the Bargawin Assault Gun, I want the 1st number to be 6 as shown and the 2nd number to be as close as possible to 20 without going under. I have including snapshots of the starting properties for both weapons. Can you please tell me how to adjust them including bringing in the baseitems.2da? Thank you in advance.

Baragwin Heavy Repeating Blaster
Damage: Energy, 7-22 (1d10 + 2d6)
•Damage Bonus: +7-22 Fire (4d6)

Baragwin Assault Gun
Damage: Energy, 6-20 (1d8+2d6)
•Damage Bonus: +6-20 Sonic (3d6)

Attached Files

#5 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

First a question: In those screenshots, you have for example four lines that all give Damage Bonus fire. Are those unlocked with different upgrades or all available at all times? In the latter case it would be enough to have one line but change the CostValue to 4d6.

As for changing things in baseitems.2da, go to the first tab of your item in the uti editor and check the Base Item property. Now open baseitems.2da and find the row with the label you just saw in the uti editor. At this point, you can do two things: Either just change this baseitem which will result in all items of this type to be changed or make a copy of that row and use that copy exclusively for your item. Either make that copy or modfiy the row directly. In both cases, change the numdice and dietoroll according to your wishes. (See my last post, including the linked post for details).

If you decide to make a copy of the row, you'll want to change the row index of the copy to the next unused index and you'll want to change the label to something you can remember. Then once you made your changes, save baseitems.2da and copy it to your Override folder. Make sure that KotOR Tool is set to read files from the Override (the setting is somewhere in the options menu) and change the Base Item property of your item to the new row (should be the last one). All of that is of course not necessary if you simply edit the already existing row.

#6 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

To answer your question the screenshots I created were using a combination of properties: some unlocked with upgrades and others were available all the time.

I am sorry to say that I could not fully understand your instructions on how to edit the baseitems.2da file. Can you please elaborate? I believe what you said about my weapons being impossible to create was true. However I was able edit the .uti files for the weapons I wanted and was able to them pretty close to what I wanted. You can see them below. Do you have any suggestions to improve them?

Also I lost my custom made baseitems.2da file in a recent computer error. I need to recreate it. Can you please tell me which columns to edit to made all Force Powers usable with all forms of armor. Thank you in advance.

Baragwin Heavy Repeating Blaster (What I wanted.)
Damage: Energy, 7-24
•Damage Bonus: +7-22 Fire

Baragwin Heavy Repeating Blaster (What I was able to create.)
Damage: Energy, 7-26
•Damage Bonus: 7-24 (Fire)

Baragwin Assault Gun (What I wanted.)
Damage: Energy, 6-20
•Damage Bonus: 6-20 Sonic

Baragwin Assault Gun (What I was able to create.)
Damage: Energy, 6-23
•Damage Bonus: 6-21 Sonic

Attached Files

#7 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

I seriously don't know how to explain this any better :/

Could you upload your .uti and baseitems.2da files so I can have a look. Maybe that'll give me an idea of where you went wrong.

And I don't know where to make force powers available to all armors. But there are mods for that, so I suggest just using those.

#8 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

Sure, not a problem. They are in the attached zip folder. Sorry the website would not allow to me attached them independently. Please be advised that the baseitems.2da file is the default one that comes with the game. As I said my custom-made one has been lost. By the way I appreciate your suggestion to use the mods but I have had trouble with them. So I will keep asking around. Hopefully someone can tell me how edit the file the way I need to. Thank you anyway.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Range, Energy, Fire, Attack, Threat, Modifier, Blasters, Damage, Force, Powers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users