7 replies to this topic

#1 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

I am looking to make two Jedi Trainers. I know there are mods that allow you to make other members of your party into Jedi such as Carth, Canderous, and Mission. However there is no such option for Zaalbar. I have decided to ask for help in making one. I want the Wookie to be placed in the far corner of the Dantoonie Courtyard as the trainers for Carth and Mission are.

Also for myself I want to be trained as a Jedi on the Endar Spire. When we meet him he senses that I am force sensitive and offers to use the Force to instantly train me in the way of the Jedi, whichever class I choose. I know there is a mod that allows you to start the game as a Jedi but I would rather start and as a soldier and be trained as a Jedi.

I ask to be shown how to create these 2 characters in aspects like how to choose their faces. Where do I want them to be standing and their stances? How do I input their dialog? How do I get them to give me and Zaalbar items including our lightsabers? And how do I set them so they make me and Zaalbar Jedi.

I ask anyone to please help me finish creating the rest of these mods. I have created the dialogue files that I want to use for both characters. Now I just need to finish the rest. One more thing. I know Zaalbar and I will be given items when we are trained as Jedi like Carth, Canderous, and Mission are in their mods. I ask to be shown how to set it so we both receive 2 regular lightsabers, 2 short blade lightsabers, 1 double-bladed lightsaber, 5 blue crystals, 5 Upari Crystals, and 5 Jenruax Crystals. Thank you in advance.

#2 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

I have learned that the first point to get these Jedi trainers that I want. However I know the first thing I need to do is create (spawn) a new non-playable character. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? The only tutorials that I have been able to find are incomplete so I need help. Thank you in advance.

#3 Mutilator57

Mutilator57

Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Australian Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationA Land of Sunburnt Plains

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

I'm pretty sure there actually is a mod to make Zaalbar a jedi from the get-go if that would be easier; probably redunant at this point seeing as how you've worked all this time on your files, but I'll check when I get home anyway.

"The measure of success is not merchandise, but character" - Calvin Coolidge

"It was treachery...with a smile on its face. Perhaps that was the worst thing of all" - Margaret Thatcher

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever" - Kreia

#4 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

If you can find the mod, please tell me where it is or post it in reply to this thread. I have heard of at least one mod that makes him a Jedi but it has been taken down. But if you find one I may be willing to try using it.

Furthermore can you give me any advice on how to create a new playable or non-playable character. I still want to create a character that will allow me to make Zaalbar a Jedi on Dantoonie. And I will need one to make me a Jedi on the Endar Spire. I know there are mods that make your character a Jedi from the very beginning of the game but that automatically takes me to Level 2 and I do not want to do that. I want to start out as a regular class and then upgrade myself to a Jedi myself to get more level-ups and access to more Force Points and Force Powers

Do you know of any of any tutorials I can use to make a new character or have any advice or knowledge I can use to do it? Thank you in advance.

#5 Mutilator57

Mutilator57

Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Australian Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationA Land of Sunburnt Plains

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

Searched my mod stash and found it; turns out it's quite a bit more simple than I remember - it only changes a single UTC file. I've PMed it to you.

As for your other question, my modding knowledge is fairly limited. I'd assume you'd need to create a new UTC file for the new character and place it in the desired module (I think Kotor Tool would be the thing to use here). Next, maybe some sort of script to add a level/the required feats similar to what happens on Dantooine when you become a Jedi. Keep in mind this is just my suspicion though, DEFINITELY check with the some of the great modders here about whether this is even right (or whether it's waaaaaay off the mark).

"The measure of success is not merchandise, but character" - Calvin Coolidge

"It was treachery...with a smile on its face. Perhaps that was the worst thing of all" - Margaret Thatcher

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever" - Kreia

#6 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

Can you please tell me how to create the UTC file for this new character? Furthermore I want to make the character a Jedi so they will be able to train me as one. Can you please help me? Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the mod. I have kept it and will use it sometime in the future. However respectfully it is not what I am looking for. The problem is that it basically makes them Jedi all at once. I want to be able to control when they become Jedi and of which class. I already have mods that allows Carth, Canderous, and Mission to become Jedi that way. You can find them at: http://www.jumpstati...Hawke/mods.html if you would like to use them yourself.

That is why I am trying to have a mod built that does the same thing for Zaalbar. Is there anyway you could help me with that. Furthermore I still trying to learn to how to build a new non-playable character that I can place where I want on the Endar Spire. Additionally I want them to be a Jedi and have the ability to train me as a Jedi. Can you help me with this? Thank you in advance.

#7 ALPHA000102

ALPHA000102

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Since I want to create 2 separate NPCs I thought it would be best to start with just one. I want to create a NPC, specifically a Jedi, on the Endar Spire who provides me with Jedi training allowing my character to become a Jedi right away. I want him to be identically to Nemo from Dantoonie. I have extracted the UTC file for Nemo and created the dialogue I want him and I to use.

The first thing I need to know is how do I spawn my character and place him where I want. I will worry about everything else later. I have attached the files I have so far as well as an image of where I want him to be. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

In case anyone is wondering I got this idea from the mods that allow Carth, Canderous, and Mission to become Jedi at the website in my post above. Now I am looking to create one for myself and in the future make one for Zaalbar as well.

Attached Files

#8 Effix

Effix

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

This should be a good read: http://z6.invisionfr...6965/ar/t57.htm

zBtNZ4u.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ForcePowers, Level-Up, Jedi, Lightsabers, Blasters, Spells, Gain, Skills, dialogue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users