#1 ApanLoon

ApanLoon

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hi, I am interested in the tools used for modding KotOR. I consider myself to be a decent programmer and hope that I can find a way to be useful to this community.

#2 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

If what your saying is true you might want to download and install this- http://deadlystream....280-kotor-tool/ (I am assuming your interested in "using" the tool and not "developing" them, if I am wrong please correct me)

Welcome to Deadlystream

#3 ApanLoon

ApanLoon

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

Actually, both. :-)

I used older versions of these tools years ago but now I have a new pet project for which I would like to use the up-to-date and beyond versions of the tools. If there is anything I can do to help improve the tools, I would be happy to try.

#4 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

Just out of curiosity, what changes were you thinking of making?

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#5 ApanLoon

ApanLoon

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

That depends on what is still needed. I don't have any specific plans for anything. I do know that the current version of mdlops and kotorblender doesn't exactly do what I want them to so I started talking with Purifier about the latter. I will take it from there and we will see. If anyone has suggestions, I am open to them.

I don't exactly know who currently maintains the tools and how contributing to them works, but I would like to know.

#6 djh269

djh269

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

That depends on what is still needed. I don't have any specific plans for anything. I do know that the current version of mdlops and kotorblender doesn't exactly do what I want them to so I started talking with Purifier about the latter. I will take it from there and we will see. If anyone has suggestions, I am open to them.

I don't exactly know who currently maintains the tools and how contributing to them works, but I would like to know.

You'll have to speak to Fairstrides as he's modified a few tools before. 

Whilst I have no knowledge on this subject I always get excited when a programmer wants to add more utilities / functions to the tools at our disposal. I wish you the best of luck and welcome to Deadlystream! 

#7 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Welcome to Deadly Stream :)

I think someone is already Working on new mdl tools, so You might Want to speak with those People before starting. Not Sure who these People are though...^^

#8 Purifier

Purifier

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Welcome to Deadly Stream, ApanLoon. ;)

#9 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

Welcome to deadlystream, Apan Loon!

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Grey Jedi "Shanilia" > http://deadlystream..../1044-shanilia/

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#10 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

Forgot to post this before . . .

tPUqg1Q.gif

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users